Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2010, 09:07   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I for one wouldn't force a veggie to eat meat, it means bigger portions for me.

What I dislike about them is that if they turn up at your house you bend over backwards trying to make sure the food is of an edible type to them.

You go to their house, you're offered nut cutlet, with a take it or leave it attitude.

Should you accidentally cause a fop-as by moving the food about and asking were the bacon & egg is at? You better be prepared to duck, it's the only time the hostess will really be after blood, yours!
Spot on Less
Old 14-04-2010, 09:39   #92
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I suppose it depends where you draw the line. As you know, I have total belief in the football team I support (almost to the point of it being a religion). As you can imagine, I come in for a fair amount of teasing at work over this, but I'd never dream of being offended by it.

I'd be the last person to use any racist or homophobic terms, but to my mind, that's not the same as jokingly referring to somebody as a "treehugger". Perhaps I'm wrong and my vegan mate is secretly seething with resentment!
We're singing from the same hymn sheep, but just change 'tree hugger' to 'came down from a banana tree', or making ape like noises every time a black player has the football, and I suppose this Bill if offering faith groups, and vegetarians, similar protection from abuse.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 10:17   #93
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
We're singing from the same hymn sheep
Yeah, but the words are difficult to make out because the ink keeps running on the wool!
Old 14-04-2010, 10:25   #94
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yeah, but the words are difficult to make out because the ink keeps running on the wool!
Stop worrying the sheep then.

It won't stand up in court.

'Honest M'lud, I was just trying to enter my thoughts on her back.'

Old 14-04-2010, 14:07   #95
God Member

just to skip back a few posts before the polotics if a resturant was told to have a vegitarian option it is totaly different from what KFC has done because KFC has sneakily switched to halal meat and totaly withdrawn any other kind of meat and have totaly refused to cater for the people who were their origonal customers who probably wouldnt have eaten there ever if they had started trading with halal meat.If KFC had been a halal user from teh start and sneakily switched to traditional meat in the same way many muslims woudl have been uaware of the switch and would have been eating non halal meat and there would have been uproar.

well there would have been uproar from the muslim council because lets face it muslims were scoffing down kfc long before the switch

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 14:31   #96
Senior Member+

Talking Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Ah! The men in hoods from Malaga...it's about time we had a Spanish Tapas restaurant in Accy. Every other town in England seems to have one. Can't wait.

Totally Agree!! I mite open one myself hahaha there is a few in Manchester nice ones an all!!!
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 16:21   #97

hi everybody
there's no reason to suppose that Halaal-slaughtered meat (have you seen how it's done?) is any less offensive to the Muslim than the way the Jewish community kill their animals! (see how that's done) double question ''humane''??? question is ??
why the fuss - if you don't like the fare - stay away - it's the British way called democracy.
KFC and their like have always been in for a fast buck, so where they see fit so will their policies - of course where there is a captive market you have to cater to that need and that determination will rule geographically : large Muslim community -GIVE EM halaal - Large Jewish - GIVE em kosher - and so on -----
Oh! blind faith - see what they are all missing with the erstwhile, humble, staple protein food of Ye Olde Englande -Mr Piggy!! nowt wrong with a pack of pork scratchings -
where is the rationale behind all this - can't have this food because etc etc - please don't tell me it's of divine origin, it simply does not make sense - convince me otherwise!!
it is time that the PC brigade came down from their ivory towers and gave the majority 'back' to the majority - it is STILL England - isn't it??
carry on then
Martin
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 17:02   #98
God Member

By the way, does the halal deep fried buzzard taste any different from the non-halal crap?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:21   #99
Give, give, give member

Just seen there's a Facebook page of people who don't agree with the changes at Accy's KFC.

Login | Facebook

Though you might have to be logged in to see it.

Old 15-04-2010, 08:27   #100
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin01 View Post
Oh! blind faith - see what they are all missing with the erstwhile, humble, staple protein food of Ye Olde Englande -Mr Piggy!! nowt wrong with a pack of pork scratchings
A man after my own heart! I'll have a jug of ale with mine, please.

Whatever the ins and outs of faith it all boils down to a lifestyle choice and there's no getting away from it. None of us are born with preset programming to kill animals in a certain way, abstain from eating meat or only consume fruit which has dropped from the tree already.

Having any lifestyle choice forced on us, particularly one that is not traditionally British, is always going to ruffle the feathers of the masses in this country.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 21:01   #101
God Member

you never know if protesters get a bit too roudy and firebomb teh accy branch there may be a chance of it been cooked properly at least

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 21:22   #102

a kebab by any other name smells/tastes just the same - Willy shakespeare
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 09:34   #103
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin01 View Post
a kebab by any other name smells/tastes just the same - Willy shakespeare
Your a Poet and you didn't know it Martin
Old 16-04-2010, 09:46   #104
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the way, does the halal deep fried buzzard taste any different from the non-halal crap?
In a word, no.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 17:41   #105

How come they don't sell Kosher Fried Chicken??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..