Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2010, 18:04   #106
Senior Member+

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acertun View Post
How come they don't sell Kosher Fried Chicken??
Kosher - Halal is acceptable to both Muslim and Jew - so i was told at a social awareness course in Saudi Arabia. The beast/fowl is bled before it dies - it's throat is cut.
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2010, 18:21   #107

can you get black puddings from the 'juice' --- - seems a waste to throw it away! - all that protein.
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 18:35   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acertun View Post
How come they don't sell Kosher Fried Chicken??

'Going kosher pays, as international fast food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken has learned, and is now taking steps towards receiving full kashrut in its Israeli branches'
KFC Israel going kosher - Israel Business, Ynetnews

Is Kosher Halal?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 20:00   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Going kosher pays, as international fast food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken has learned, and is now taking steps towards receiving full kashrut in its Israeli branches'
KFC Israel going kosher - Israel Business, Ynetnews

Is Kosher Halal?
they can do as the please over there but leave our meat alone were not a muslim or jewish nation

i went to caladonia in blackburn at teh weekend and next door is a mini market that sells halal meat an dvarious other products cheap and i saw teh chickens on display and they looked bloody awfull .I did however find mountain dew which is hard to find in teh uk so purchased 2 crates of it.

i will say though that the chickens tehre probably aint pumped full of teh crap asda and tesco pump tehir chickens up with but i get my chickens from the butchers its worth paying a bit more so you dont get a %50 water logged bird with track marks from the needles they inject the meat with

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 22-04-2010 at 20:06.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 23:14   #110
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they can do as the please over there but leave our meat alone were not a muslim or jewish nation
KFC isn't a state owned nationalised company.

If they think there's money to be made, from any particular market, they'll make it.

If profits suddenly plummet at Accrington's KFC, after the introduction of halal chicken, it'll be farewell halal, and hello Bernard Matthews.

Old 22-04-2010, 23:37   #111
God Member

well i didnt spend much there anyway so my custom wont be missed so if the rest of the local population wants to continue giving money and supporting a company that caters to a minority and ignoring the majority then more fool them for doing so i just hope the trend dosnt catch on to my local butchers.

mind you there may be a whiff of revese role going on because while KFC are stuffing halal meat down christians throats muslims are switching to bacon butties and to my amazement the other day at my local cineese ordering sweet and sour pork

theres simply no excuse for kfc to switch to halal meat theres plenty of places already where practicing muslims go to get halal products and those that arnt practicing muslims were eating at kfc way before teh switch

anyway since sticking £1.00 on to the price of a family bucket and charging for dips kfc can kiss my arse on those grounds alone lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 22-04-2010 at 23:44.
Old 22-04-2010, 23:59   #112
Give, give, give member

Quote:
mind you there may be a whiff of revese role going on because while KFC are stuffing halal meat down christians throats muslims are switching to bacon butties and to my amazement the other day at my local cineese ordering sweet and sour pork

theres simply no excuse for kfc to switch to halal meat theres plenty of places already where practicing muslims go to get halal products and those that arnt practicing muslims were eating at kfc way before teh switch
How did you know the people in the Chinese were Muslim, were they praying or something?

If profits go down, they'll soon 'switch' back.

Simple economics. Supply and demand.

I don't go there much either, perhaps once or twice a year, but I'm always impressed at the pious, God fearing, Christians you find eating in there, who've gone there straight fronm church.

Old 23-04-2010, 00:21   #113
God Member

How did you know the people in the Chinese were Muslim, were they praying or something?

your right i could be mistaken but the viel thingy worn by teh mother led me to believe they were muslim but it could have simply been prtection from volcanic ash fall out or they could have been buying it for tehir friends like many muslims buy booze for tehir non muslim friends from off licences

If profits go down, they'll soon 'switch' back.

no doubt they would

Simple economics. Supply and demand.

what demand i dont recall a big uproar from the poulation for halal meat

I don't go there much either, perhaps once or twice a year, but I'm always impressed at the pious, God fearing, Christians you find eating in there, who've gone there straight fronm church.

well now the mosque leaders can send there followers there too and they worship more than christians do so that shoudl make up kfc's loss of trade

Last edited by accyman; 23-04-2010 at 00:24.
Old 23-04-2010, 06:30   #114
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I have just moved all the off thread polical chat to another thread http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ead-52892.html

This took me a while (yes I am a bit slow ) so the next person to post off topic stuff in this thread will get a chicken drumstick where they don't want one
Old 23-04-2010, 07:19   #115
Give, give, give member

Quote:
your right i could be mistaken but the viel thingy worn by teh mother led me to believe they were muslim but it could have simply been prtection from volcanic ash fall out or they could have been buying it for tehir friends like many muslims buy booze for tehir non muslim friends from off licences
Oh right, the 'mother' was wearing a veil.

Better not go out with my friend Sally, who happens to be a nun, in case you spot us, and wrongly presume myself as being Catholic, or another nun.

Old 23-04-2010, 09:21   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh right, the 'mother' was wearing a veil.

Better not go out with my friend Sally, who happens to be a nun, in case you spot us, and wrongly presume myself as being Catholic, or another nun.

Don't make a habit of it
Old 25-04-2010, 16:20   #117

We'll have Nun of that.
Old 26-06-2010, 09:51   #118
God Member

Bacon is back on the menu - (for those of you that eat KFC junk)
KFC forced to ditch halal-only menus after disappointing sales | Mail Online

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 09:57   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Must have thought it wasn't Kosher
Old 26-06-2010, 10:47   #120
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Good.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..