Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2010, 11:48   #121
Super Moderator

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

So, all this hoo-haa about it being down to "political correctness" was a load of baloney...it was market forces, pure and simple!
Old 26-06-2010, 12:15   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, all this hoo-haa about it being down to "political correctness" was a load of baloney...it was market forces, pure and simple!
Well I Know that my Granddaughter and her fella used to go to KFC on a Wednesday because they both worked late on that day, but they refused to go when they changed the menu, maybe they'll go back now, but they may have got out of the habit now
Old 26-06-2010, 12:33   #123
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I Know that my Granddaughter and her fella used to go to KFC on a Wednesday because they both worked late on that day, but they refused to go when they changed the menu, maybe they'll go back now, but they may have got out of the habit now
Don't blame 'em. It may come as a shock to some people, but there are other places to eat, apart from KFC!
Old 26-06-2010, 12:52   #124
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't blame 'em. It may come as a shock to some people, but there are other places to eat, apart from KFC!
Ya in fact Wyn there's nout much wrong with spending a few minutes in your own kitchen, with a few pots and pans and commodities purchased from ASDA then sitting at your own table eating good old home made grub
Old 26-06-2010, 13:14   #125
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya in fact Wyn there's nout much wrong with spending a few minutes in your own kitchen, with a few pots and pans and commodities purchased from ASDA then sitting at your own table eating good old home made grub
Yep, I'm always reminding Mrs H of that fact, Jaysay. "Get into that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans, better fix my supper 'cos I'm a hungry man" as a great man once said.
Old 26-06-2010, 13:56   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yep, I'm always reminding Mrs H of that fact, Jaysay. "Get into that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans, better fix my supper 'cos I'm a hungry man" as a great man once said.
Ya Shake Rattle and Roll, Babe
Old 26-06-2010, 16:32   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Before you do that - Put another log on the fire

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 17:16   #128

can you 'half inch it' bring back BRAWN to those who know what it is - and serve it up at the local shop - aahh those were the days -
nothing wrong with the 'old' trotters and if we have to get German before 'the match'--
eisbens with sliced deep fried spuds and saurkraut (include Juiper berries - or else)
pork schnizels,- pork roulade in a mustard sauce - and the cheeks 00000h -
feeling hungry??
staple diet to our English heritage and probably what sustained 'the Empire' - most ordinary folks had a piggy.
maybe the effing burger was our downfall although prior to that it was the Frankfurter
so we can blame them both - the Yankie doodle dandies and the Danish invaders (oops I've got me finger stuck in the dam)
I'm off to get myself a bacon buttie (with a splash of HP sauce - yet another great Brit invention)
don't forget the apple sauce!
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 17:32   #129

jays- do people actually COOk these days - judging by the expansion of 'ready meals' that Tesco and the like devote to 2 to 3 aisles on the putrifaction and what I observe in the piled trolleys goin through the checkout the answer has to be NO.
why why why would anyone buy a 'ready' cottage pie???? or for that matter a spag bog-
- I'm not bragging but both dishes (including a really 'spot on' meat and tata pie) I can rustle up in less time that it takes to take the wrapping off.
your psychoanalysis on the subject will hopefully fill the missing gap.
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 19:43   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin01 View Post
bring back the Galloping Gourmet at least he was honest - I think!
He's also dead I think. Would have to be re-runs.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 22:43   #131
God Member

Quote:
Yeah sure you are Wyn You fellas are full of it so long as the other halfs can't hear you
Old 27-06-2010, 07:31   #132
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Yeah sure you are Wyn You fellas are full of it so long as the other halfs can't hear you
You could be right there, Bernie. She went off to the daughter's yesterday and left me to fend for myself (takeaway after the pub, natch).

That Germaine Greer has a lot to answer for.
Old 27-06-2010, 09:06   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
can you 'half inch it' bring back BRAWN to those who know what it is - and serve it up at the local shop - aahh those were the days -
nothing wrong with the 'old' trotters and if we have to get German before 'the match'--
eisbens with sliced deep fried spuds and saurkraut (include Juiper berries - or else)
pork schnizels,- pork roulade in a mustard sauce - and the cheeks 00000h -
feeling hungry??
staple diet to our English heritage and probably what sustained 'the Empire' - most ordinary folks had a piggy.
maybe the effing burger was our downfall although prior to that it was the Frankfurter
so we can blame them both - the Yankie doodle dandies and the Danish invaders (oops I've got me finger stuck in the dam)
I'm off to get myself a bacon buttie (with a splash of HP sauce - yet another great Brit invention)
don't forget the apple sauce!

Think your lost Martin, this ain't the Accy Wed Video jukebox section
Old 27-06-2010, 09:14   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
jays- do people actually COOk these days - judging by the expansion of 'ready meals' that Tesco and the like devote to 2 to 3 aisles on the putrifaction and what I observe in the piled trolleys goin through the checkout the answer has to be NO.
why why why would anyone buy a 'ready' cottage pie???? or for that matter a spag bog-
- I'm not bragging but both dishes (including a really 'spot on' meat and tata pie) I can rustle up in less time that it takes to take the wrapping off.
your psychoanalysis on the subject will hopefully fill the missing gap.
Sadly your right Martin I do keep some ready meals in the freezer, (which reminds me better check the use by date) just in case I can't get a meal together. I think I eat fewer take aways now than I've done for years, used to have a couple a week, (for supper only) I haven't had 1 this year, in fact ain't had one since about last September
Old 27-06-2010, 09:18   #135
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You could be right there, Bernie. She went off to the daughter's yesterday and left me to fend for myself (takeaway after the pub, natch).

That Germaine Greer has a lot to answer for.
Think that's disgusting Wyn nout furt tea after pub, whats the world coming to

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..