Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56   #1
Give, give, give member

No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

'MUSLIM leaders from East Lancashire have demanded a meeting with bosses of a fast food giant in a row over halal accreditation.
According to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), its Accrington, Blackburn, Colne and Burnley restaurants have switched to halal.
KFC said it was certified by the Halal Food Authority (HFA) and the authority’s logo is displayed on the doors of its outlets.
But the Lancashire Council of Mosques (LCM) has asked for an urgent meeting with the firm after concerns were raised over the authenticity of the halal food served.
Meanwhile a protest has been launched against KFC’s decision to serve only halal meat at its Colne branch.'
Double trouble for East Lancashire ‘halal’ KFC restaurants (From Blackburn Citizen)

KFC diner told 'you can't have bacon in your burger here - we're now halal!' | Mail Online

Halal meat protest outside Colne KFC - Pendle Today

Seems this decision has pleased no one so far, with protests from all sides.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14   #2
Common Sense Member

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

Another triumph for the PC Brigade!

If they want another hornet's nest to stir up they might want a wander down to Blackburn College canteen of a morning to see how many Muslims students avail themselves of a bacon butty....

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'MUSLIM leaders from East Lancashire have demanded a meeting with bosses of a fast food giant in a row over halal accreditation.
According to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), its Accrington, Blackburn, Colne and Burnley restaurants have switched to halal.
KFC said it was certified by the Halal Food Authority (HFA) and the authority’s logo is displayed on the doors of its outlets.
But the Lancashire Council of Mosques (LCM) has asked for an urgent meeting with the firm after concerns were raised over the authenticity of the halal food served.
Meanwhile a protest has been launched against KFC’s decision to serve only halal meat at its Colne branch.'
Double trouble for East Lancashire ‘halal’ KFC restaurants (From Blackburn Citizen)

KFC diner told 'you can't have bacon in your burger here - we're now halal!' | Mail Online

Halal meat protest outside Colne KFC - Pendle Today

Seems this decision has pleased no one so far, with protests from all sides.
Seems like Canada may have a surplus of seal meat this year ... I wonder if this is halal Probably much better for your health than the crap served up by the Colonel. I think your sceptered isle is a little over-muslimed. These attitudinal sons of bitches should be given the grand order of the boot.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:23   #4
Resting in Peace

Well i went round the Accrington food festival yesterday and will be having Ostrich steak for dinner today
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seems like Canada may have a surplus of seal meat this year ... I wonder if this is halal Probably much better for your health than the crap served up by the Colonel. I think your sceptered isle is a little over-muslimed. These attitudinal sons of bitches should be given the grand order of the boot.
No Because you hit them with those clubs before killing them.

Quote:
This issue is of great concern to us because the halal criterion, adopted by LCM after wide consultation, does not allow stunning

Looks like Tiger Woods
has been practising
his skills again.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:30   #6
God Member

Sounds lovely. You having it with an ostrich egg?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:42   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

If they want another hornet's nest to stir up they might want a wander down to Blackburn College canteen of a morning to see how many Muslims students avail themselves of a bacon butty....
Exactly Ken and probably go to the nearest pub for a pint to wash it down with
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59   #8
God Member

and then onto the bookies to put a bet on
Old 11-04-2010, 09:06   #9
God Member

KFC wants banning........Halal or bloody not

PETA's Campaign Against KFC | KentuckyFriedCruelty.com
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Let's not mention what they get up to with those loose pieces of 'white meat' though, (Your not telling me that what they put into their mouths under those circumstances is Halal).

A couple of friends are thinking of opening a restaurant on Blackburn Rd, I don't think they will be going for the Halal certificate.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29   #11
God Member

Ah! The men in hoods from Malaga...it's about time we had a Spanish Tapas restaurant in Accy. Every other town in England seems to have one. Can't wait.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Let's not mention what they get up to with those loose pieces of 'white meat' though, (Your not telling me that what they put into their mouths under those circumstances is Halal).

A couple of friends are thinking of opening a restaurant on Blackburn Rd, I don't think they will be going for the Halal certificate.
Are you the one with the sword Less
Old 11-04-2010, 10:24   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Are you the one with the sword Less
No ... he's the one with the sharpest point on his head
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 15:44   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

%100 correct when out of sight of their peers quite a lot of muslims eat and drink the same as us including booze and good on them.Its just the hypocracy i dont like when those that enjoy a drink or a bacon butty deny ever doing it and go to their mosque mascarading as a devout muslim.As for KFC i find it disgusting that they have bowed down to cater for a minority of the nation and if a muslim wants hallal KFC style chicken theres plenty of places for them to get it like the two on blackburn road which the name of i cant recall right now although i think one is called calladonia

mind you as far as accy KFC is concerened its not a matter of what meat is used but if its cooked long enough

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-04-2010 at 15:48.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 15:50   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

they may do iv just found a picture of their cheff

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..