Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 21:28   #31
God Member

Re: Northern Parliament

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The European Union is out of touch with the North, South, East and West. Graham should really focus his efforts on getting us a referendum on our membership of the EU. If he's committed to more localised decision making then bringing back powers from Brussels is a good start.
I would have thought the party with the largest majority in Parliment would be in the best position to get us a referendum.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2012, 21:29   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well your lots in power, They "CAN" do it, but they won't.
Beat me to it again!
Old 08-02-2012, 21:32   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I would have thought the party with the largest majority in Parliment would be in the best position to get us a referendum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well your lots in power, They "CAN" do it, but they won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right, he should, but Graham's party aren't in power. Perhaps those who ARE in power could focus their efforts on giving us an EU referendum?
Great minds, eh, lads?
Old 08-02-2012, 21:34   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Doesn't really matter who you point the finger at, there's none has got the big brassies to do it, regardless of leanings.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:37   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Doesn't really matter who you point the finger at, there's none has got the big brassies to do it, regardless of leanings.
Someone would if the likes of Jaysay.Cmon,n loads n loads of others made em.Cyfr seems to want a referendum so yeh can include him as well.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:37   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite right, Dave, however it ill becomes a paid-up Tory to come on here and start mouthing off about Labour not giving us a referendum. Cameron certainly hasn't got the bottle to do it!
Old 08-02-2012, 21:39   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quite right, Dave, however it ill becomes a paid-up Tory to come on here and start mouthing off about Labour not giving us a referendum. Cameron certainly hasn't got the bottle to do it!
NO n he aint the guts to say so.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:47   #38
God Member

the problem is they gave too much fiscal and economic power and created a monster.no way should they have let countries like greece especailly when the likes of portugal and spain were already struggling.i think we could be thinking of military coups in the likes of greece thats how serious its getting. last spring was the arrab spring,this summer could be what happened in the sixties riots in paris madrid etc with the likes of 20% unemployment rates in spain.like i said we aint seen nothing yet
Old 08-02-2012, 21:48   #39
God Member

Quote:
Quite right, he should, but Graham's party aren't in power. Perhaps those who ARE in power could focus their efforts on giving us an EU referendum?
Agreed. Very much in favour of an EU referendum no matter who's in office. Individual MPs, no matter which party, need to come out in favour of having one. Maybe Graham will come round to it? He could still vote with his conscience and stay cuddled up to the European Union if we did have a referendum.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:48   #40
Senior Member+

Cameron and his cronies will only do what is good for him and the rest of his millionaire pals, as usual.He and his like don't give a monkeys chuff for the likes of us plebs.We may get a referendum when it means no longer matters, just to appease the masses.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:50   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Cameron and his cronies will only do what is good for him and the rest of his millionaire pals, as usual.He his like don't give a monkeys chuff for the likes of us plebs.We may get a referendum when it means no longer matters, just to appease the masses.
Dont forget Brown selling off our gold cheap to help his pals!
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 22:22   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Dont forget Brown selling off our gold cheap to help his pals!
Which has what to do wi this matter? This Gold business has been mentioned many times on here n quite rightly this action got slagged.
Old 08-02-2012, 22:32   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Agreed. Very much in favour of an EU referendum no matter who's in office. Individual MPs, no matter which party, need to come out in favour of having one. Maybe Graham will come round to it? He could still vote with his conscience and stay cuddled up to the European Union if we did have a referendum.
Sounds great..how about MP's, no matter which party, voting with their conscience on destroying the the NHS..any chance of that from you?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:49   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm not a paid up member of the Tory Party and think exactly the same way as you on Europe, I may add the former MP Ken Hargreaves is no longer a member either.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm not a paid up member of the Tory Party and think exactly the same way as you on Europe, I may add the former MP Ken Hargreaves is no longer a member either.
I was talking about Andrew!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..