Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 13:40   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Northern Parliament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Incidentally, Jay, if you think exactly the way I do on Europe, wouldn't it make sense to register a protest vote by voting UKIP at the next election?
Thoughts are the same Wyn. I definely will not be voting for our present representative so UKIP is a possible alternative.
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2012, 21:31   #62
Give, give, give member

Global warming.

Soon the north is the only dry place where there'll be any government.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:33   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Thoughts are the same Wyn. I definely will not be voting for our present representative so UKIP is a possible alternative.

UKIP if you want to, I'd rather not.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:46   #64
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
UKIP if you want to, I'd rather not.
Close, but no cigar.

'UKIP if you want to.'

'The ToffeeGuy's not for kipping.'

Much better.

Old 10-02-2012, 22:55   #65
JFT96

Seeing there will be a lack of credible candidates, maybe Karen Buckley could come back?
I will be edging towards UKIP as well

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:59   #66
God Member

Was there any UKIP candidate at the last election in Hyndburn?..if so could not have done to good.
It's all very well people voting for any candidate who states he/she would press for a referendum on the EU no matter the party they represent, but in a constituency where it is very tight between the two major parties, it could mean your vote contributes to the party who you would least like to have govern the country.

Last edited by Mancie; 10-02-2012 at 23:01.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:05   #67
JFT96

Mancie mate, I understand your point, I have always voted for a mainstream party. But thanks to some of the policies introduced by the last Labour Government, that had a major impact on my father and mother, among thousands of others in his industry, I cannot and will not ever vote Labour again.

This leaves me with the Conservatives, I am right wing, I am a capitalist, but in our ward I don't believe they have ever fielded a candidate that I feel good about voting for, therefore I have never voted for them, since I moved here.

I won't not vote as I disagree with that, so I am stuck.

Old 10-02-2012, 23:17   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Mancie mate, I understand your point, I have always voted for a mainstream party. But thanks to some of the policies introduced by the last Labour Government, that had a major impact on my father and mother, among thousands of others in his industry, I cannot and will not ever vote Labour again.

This leaves me with the Conservatives, I am right wing, I am a capitalist, but in our ward I don't believe they have ever fielded a candidate that I feel good about voting for, therefore I have never voted for them, since I moved here.

I won't not vote as I disagree with that, so I am stuck.
Ok if people vote in a general election who would usually vote tory but vote on one issue they feel strongly about.. lets say immigration, they may vote BNP..the BNP vote goes up a few percent but then the labour candidate wins on a slim majority .
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:26   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Was there any UKIP candidate at the last election in Hyndburn?..if so could not have done to good.
It's all very well people voting for any candidate who states he/she would press for a referendum on the EU no matter the party they represent, but in a constituency where it is very tight between the two major parties, it could mean your vote contributes to the party who you would least like to have govern the country.

Whether Hyndburn remains as a constituency or not, there will be a UKIP candidate(s) in this area.

I've been in contact with them.

Though they already knew there's a great deal of disillusionment with mainstream political parties in this area, and people locally do want a say, about what our future is with the EU.

Hyndburn's ripe for the taking

...and the vote a' splittin'.

Old 10-02-2012, 23:32   #70
Give, give, give member

Nearly every person I know are sick of New Labour, and are unimpressed with the Tory led coalition.

Most are planning to vote UKIP.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:58   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Most are planning to vote UKIP.
Some of us voted UKIP last time. Here's G G G G G Granvillle, the 2010 candidate:
Granville Barker, UK Independence Party, Hyndburn

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:31   #72
God Member

There's a campaign called People's Pledge running local referendums asking people if they want an in/out referendum on the EU. They are designed to highlight just how important the issue is to people and to pressure the MP or candidates into backing the Pledge to support an in/out referendum.

In many areas the number of people that have signed the pledge outnumber the MP's majority.

I've signed the pledge, I hope you can too. Maybe we'll get one in Hyndburn. Peoples Pledge - EU Referendum Campaign
Old 12-02-2012, 18:34   #73
Senior Member+

Let's come out off the common market and stop bailing other countries out.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:50   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
There's a campaign called People's Pledge running local referendums asking people if they want an in/out referendum on the EU. They are designed to highlight just how important the issue is to people and to pressure the MP or candidates into backing the Pledge to support an in/out referendum.

In many areas the number of people that have signed the pledge outnumber the MP's majority.

I've signed the pledge, I hope you can too. Maybe we'll get one in Hyndburn. Peoples Pledge - EU Referendum Campaign
Signed, and spread the word, that others should too.

Old 12-02-2012, 20:04   #75
JFT96

Same here, well done Andrew

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..