Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 19:43   #46
God Member

Re: Northern Rock Nationalised!

Rant and rave? ... seems to me that any posts that are negative to the New Tory cause are regarded as "ranting"..and as for you my son..don't give it the big un.. you live in Spain you daft h'pence!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2008, 19:47   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The private sector offered to bail Northern Rock out. Instead Browns indecisiveness left no option open but to nationalise to save customers from losing their money as the bank would have collapsed. The huge burden of debt is now on the British taxpayer, who are already struggling. Its being managed by the state, no doubt with Gordon's famous tinkering, and losing more and more taxpayers money.

Its a shame we can't all just keep borrowing and spending, us mere mortals can't just borrow our way out of debt like the government thinks it can.
And so what is your alternative Andrew?..cuts and cuts?... cuts to the health service..cuts on public spending .. which involves cuts on staff and more on the dole? ..i'ts the same old kak!
Old 05-08-2008, 19:56   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Rant and rave? ... seems to me that any posts that are negative to the New Tory cause are regarded as "ranting"..and as for you my son..don't give it the big un.. you live in Spain you daft h'pence!
Yes I do live in Spain but I still have interest's in the UK and that thieving shower are still having a go at me.
My family live in the UK and I fear for them under the present regime.
As for being your son ( A term which you seem to use as an insult)
Anyone who calls you Dad must be very proud

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 20:25   #49
God Member

eh royboy .."my son" is a term I keep aside specially for you my son... if you continue posting kak.. you can rest assured it will always be held for you...my son!..oh just an edit... or would you rather me call you toryboy?

Last edited by Mancie; 05-08-2008 at 20:29.
Old 05-08-2008, 20:59   #50
God Member

Quote:
eh royboy .."my son" is a term I keep aside specially for you my son... if you continue posting kak.. you can rest assured it will always be held for you...my son!..oh just an edit... or would you rather me call you toryboy?
Call me what you want Gumshoe....but it won't alter my opinion of you.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:51   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Call me what you want Gumshoe....but it won't alter my opinion of you.
Take no notice Roy if you ignore him he'll just crawl back into bottm of the Whiskey Bottle and back to sleep
Old 06-08-2008, 11:57   #52
God Member

Quote:
It's obvious that you did not invest money/savings in Northern Rock bank...but you seem desperate to wreck the lives of people who do have thier money involved... is this a new Tory strategy?.. no.. i'ts the same old "the strong will survive" tactics..shame on you and your like!

Savings are protected(up to £35K so 'ordinary' people are unliekly to have more than that in one instituition) so you never had any worries there, those who chose to invest did so knowing full well "The value of shares can go down as well as up", it was as much a gamble as putting it on a nags head. particularly interesting was the clamour when it was in trouble, I will admit I considered investing when they dropped like a stone as I thought as many did that they would weather the storm, luckily for me I was too lazy to do anything about it!

If anything the weak are getting unfair protection over this, why should my taxes be propping up what was a private company? why should NR get better support than the other companies who go bust each year through poor business decisions which is what it came down to.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 17:12   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The private sector offered to bail Northern Rock out. Instead Browns indecisiveness left no option open but to nationalise to save customers from losing their money as the bank would have collapsed. The huge burden of debt is now on the British taxpayer, who are already struggling. Its being managed by the state, no doubt with Gordon's famous tinkering, and losing more and more taxpayers money every day.

Its a shame we can't all just keep borrowing and spending, us mere mortals can't just borrow our way out of debt like the government thinks it can.
Seems like you have bought into the myth that the private sector runs business more effectively than government ... this is so obviously not true that I'm surprised people will still swallow this bs. Take for example private medical care in the US .... it is far more inefficient than any govt. health care system .... the coporate welfare bums are for ever sucking on the govt tit. I think it is really sad that govts are bailing out the banks for making bad business decisions. The banking crisis, based on sub-prime ninja loans, is threatening the US and the UK economies .... and neo-con solutions wont work .... because they are the cause of the problem.

Thankfully, we are not facing that problem in Canada. Canadian lending institutions will not give mortgages unless the borrower puts out at least 5% of the value of the property as a deposit.

Business does not give a flying you-know-what about the public .... they are interested in nothing but profit, at any expense. There is no such thing as free enterprise; major corporations are not interested in competition, or giving the consumer the best deal, or making the national economy strong ... these are the enteties that out source jobs from your country to areas where wages are low, and workers are unprotected by legislation guaranteeing worker saftey etc is not in place.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..