Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 20:08   #31
God Member

Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
And then we'd be contracting 'mad person' disase, that would be bad for you. We could have nervous breakdowns worrying about what these 'experts' on nothing keep firing at us. My advice for what it's worth,is, If you like it and you'r fit and well doing it eat it, if you like a fag smoke and be happy. The only difference is ten years in a gereatric ward.
We already have "mad person's disease"; it's called PMS.

Eat healthy, exercise, die anyway. I like to remember Jim Fixx (I hope I remembered it correctly), the guru of jogging ... he died of a massive heart attack at the age of 52 (I think) after, you guessed it, his daily jog.

I eat healthy (or almost) because I had 4 hours of surgery last year to deal with clogged arteries, and I don't want to go thro' it again. I'm down to one cig a day ... I refuse to quit, so this token allows me to still call myself a smoker, silly I know, but what the hell ... I walk rather than drive ... healthy and green. I'm happy with it for now, and I still have my beer and tokes. But bacon sandwiches sounds sooo good ... and fried bread with HP all over it. Maybe when I get the munchies tonite .........
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2007, 22:41   #32
Accy Goddess

We will be made to eat an handful of pills everyday at this rate.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 23:35   #33
God Member

anything in moderation is the key...

damn why don't I live by that???????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:20   #34
Resting in Peace

Well they've stopped the smoke filled pubs and clubs (passive smoking for the non-smokers).

They harp on about alcohol related incidents

Why shouldn't they then start on food stuff will be back to the salmanilyai (sp) eggs............................

Like Eric I too have gone under the knife for a de-clog but I still love my FULL ENGLISH hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and after my blood test is taken today (been working AND fasting!!!!) gonna have me a well earned breakfast BACON (grilled) EGG (scrambled) BEANS SAUSAGE (grilled) MUSHROOMS (fried) 2 slices of toast with butter and a big pot of TEA (1 sugar)

Soon off for an AI holiday so guess a bit of weight will be added after that LOL
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54   #35
white rabbits

Question Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post

Like Eric I too have gone under the knife for a de-clog but I still love my FULL ENGLISH hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and after my blood test is taken today (been working AND fasting!!!!) gonna have me a well earned breakfast BACON (grilled) EGG (scrambled) BEANS SAUSAGE (grilled) MUSHROOMS (fried) 2 slices of toast with butter and a big pot of TEA (1 sugar)

good on ya ,,,,,,,i hope it is delicious,,,,, enjoy
Old 08-11-2007, 07:06   #36
God Member

Yet more conflicting advice in news today
Now doctors say it's <u>good</u> to be fat - Independent Online Edition > Health
A bit of excess flab may save your life.
Now this one I can believe. Two years ago when I lost a stone in a week due to flu, I was glad that I had had it there to lose.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:36   #37

I love bacon!!

BRBRBRBRB!!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:40   #38

i dont think ill be giving up my bacon sarnies.
Old 08-11-2007, 17:22   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
I think that there is something in the Koran about the pig being a dirty animal and therefore they are not permitted to eat it.

A bit like Hindus can't eat beef because the cow is sacred to them.
My asians friends from college says its the same for keeping pet dogs aswell, another dirty animal and they tend to avoid them. She told me this as I commented that alot of asians used to come into the pet shop I worked at to buy kittens, and I said its strangely popular amongst them, compared to the amount of other people that bought them.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 17:35   #40
Resting in peace

Talking Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
;487483]We already have "mad person's disease"; it's called PMS.

Eat healthy, exercise, die anyway. I like to remember Jim Fixx (I hope I remembered it correctly), the guru of jogging ... he died of a massive heart attack at the age of 52 (I think) after, you guessed it, his daily jog.

I eat healthy (or almost) because I had 4 hours of surgery last year to deal with clogged arteries, and I don't want to go thro' it again. I'm down to one cig a day ... I refuse to quit, so this token allows me to still call myself a smoker, silly I know, but what the hell ... I walk rather than drive ... healthy and green. I'm happy with it for now, and I still have my beer and tokes. But bacon sandwiches sounds sooo good ... and fried bread with HP all over it. Maybe when I get the munchies tonite .........
iI've been suffering from Cancer for nerarly 20 years, and with luck see another 20, the only thing Ive noticed is I've slowed down. but after al ll Im 65 in December so what do I blame that on.
Thwaites Bitter

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 08-11-2007 at 17:38.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 17:43   #41
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
My asians friends from college says its the same for keeping pet dogs aswell, another dirty animal and they tend to avoid them. She told me this as I commented that alot of asians used to come into the pet shop I worked at to buy kittens, and I said its strangely popular amongst them, compared to the amount of other people that bought them.
My ex wife moved over to India there when I told her that. Asians avoid dogs because of the risk of catching Rabies, most dogs are cleaner than prople, if you teach them correctly

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 08-11-2007 at 17:45.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 18:42   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
iI've been suffering from Cancer for nerarly 20 years, and with luck see another 20, the only thing Ive noticed is I've slowed down. but after al ll Im 65 in December so what do I blame that on.
Thwaites Bitter
Can't get Thwaites Bitter Closest things are John Smith's ... can get that on tap at a couple of pubs in town ... Boddington's (cans) Courage (cans). But what are you blaming Thwaites for? Your longevity or your slowing down. I notice that I slow down after draining a few, and my balance gets a little iffy.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 20:24   #43
Junior Member+

i wont be giving up the bacon sarnies i love them too much yummmm
Old 09-11-2007, 06:38   #44

Totally agree with you Ianto.....no way am I giving up bacon or my dog...........I find them both very clean.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:50   #45

A bit off subject, but did you know a dogs tongue is cleaner than the average Tea towel.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..