Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 18:31   #16

Re: Oak House Dentist

My son has had wonderful treatment at Oak House. They also take a lot of care
with people with special needs. I have nothing but praise for them.
Mariam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-06-2010, 20:30   #17

I've got a broken tooth and no dentist so will be giving them a ring on Monday
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 20:47   #18
Beacon of light

You may not get on Sue......I don't think they are taking patients at present...but they will do emergency treatments, but I think you might have to go through NHS Direct.
I'm sure if you ring them they will tell you what to do.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 23:18   #19

well i went tonight...and was fine till i walked through the door and burst into tears sad i know lol but the guy i saw wasnt english but by god he was fantastic made me feel really at ease it turned out i had an infection but the tooth has to come out but he woulsnt do it there and then as it would still have been painfull even though i would have had the injection..i would deffo reccommend oak house if ur nervous or not
bluerose33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 23:20   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You may not get on Sue......I don't think they are taking patients at present...but they will do emergency treatments, but I think you might have to go through NHS Direct.
I'm sure if you ring them they will tell you what to do.
no there not because i asked if i could go there all time and they said it was just for emergancies only
bluerose33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31   #21

Hi all sorry to bump a month oldish thread but does anyone know how to find out how long I and my family have got left to wait so we can have a regular dentist, you see I had tooth ache back in november 2008 and put my family's name down at that dentist, its nearly 2 years later and well we are on their allocation list, we have phoned up several times to find out that they all say "oh you shouldn't be on the list that long" but nothing gets done.

We phoned NHS direct today to get the same response but the lady there doesn't know where we are on the list and how much longer we have to wait.

I am getting more concerned now as my 6yr old is getting his 2nd set f teeth and he has never been to a dentist for a checkup.

I am considering going to oak leigh as we have family at that dentist, but I really don't want to have to wait another 2 years plus before we get seen.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 13:39   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Hi all sorry to bump a month oldish thread but does anyone know how to find out how long I and my family have got left to wait so we can have a regular dentist, you see I had tooth ache back in november 2008 and put my family's name down at that dentist, its nearly 2 years later and well we are on their allocation list, we have phoned up several times to find out that they all say "oh you shouldn't be on the list that long" but nothing gets done.

We phoned NHS direct today to get the same response but the lady there doesn't know where we are on the list and how much longer we have to wait.

I am getting more concerned now as my 6yr old is getting his 2nd set f teeth and he has never been to a dentist for a checkup.

I am considering going to oak leigh as we have family at that dentist, but I really don't want to have to wait another 2 years plus before we get seen.
It took me about 2 years to get taken on my my NHS dentist after Antley Villa went private, so looks about par for the course!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 13:53   #23
Beacon of light

I would phone Oak House and see if they can give you an update...and if they can't, ask them who you can ring to find out when you will be allocated a dentist.

I cannot fault Oak House...they are brilliant.......and if faced with a wait or choosing another practice, I would choose to wait.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 13:57   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
It took me about 2 years to get taken on my my NHS dentist after Antley Villa went private, so looks about par for the course!

Best Regards - Taggy
I was referred as an urgent case from the max fax at the Royal back in March and in fact the dentist from Oak House has just this minute left my home after carrying out a filling for me, I have problems with dental treatment because of some of my medication and the ability to get to a normal dental surgery, but they've been excellent with me
Old 03-08-2010, 15:13   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I was referred as an urgent case from the max fax at the Royal back in March and in fact the dentist from Oak House has just this minute left my home after carrying out a filling for me, I have problems with dental treatment because of some of my medication and the ability to get to a normal dental surgery, but they've been excellent with me
Oh yes i can certainly vouch for Oak House, thats who i go to, i was up at Accy Vic before they shifted there!...Is it David Heeley you see Jaysay? He's my dentist and really good... i wouldn't use anyone else now!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 03-08-2010, 17:52   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh yes i can certainly vouch for Oak House, thats who i go to, i was up at Accy Vic before they shifted there!...Is it David Heeley you see Jaysay? He's my dentist and really good... i wouldn't use anyone else now!

Best Regards - Taggy
No Taggy, I was lucky and got a young lady and a pretty nurse to boot
Old 03-08-2010, 18:02   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
No Taggy, I was lucky and got a young lady and a pretty nurse to boot
Your are lucky Jaysay,the first Dental Nurse i got there was a Dingle!!!....Davids a Rovers Fan btw!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 03-08-2010, 18:12   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Your are lucky Jaysay,the first Dental Nurse i got there was a Dingle!!!....Davids a Rovers Fan btw!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Dingle nurses are okay Taggy its the Dingle dentists you need to be wary of especially if your wearing a Rovers shirt
Old 03-08-2010, 19:17   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I would phone Oak House and see if they can give you an update...and if they can't, ask them who you can ring to find out when you will be allocated a dentist.

I cannot fault Oak House...they are brilliant.......and if faced with a wait or choosing another practice, I would choose to wait.
well my wife first spoke to nhs direct who said they know we are on the allocation list but dont know how long till we get a dentist, and then she spoke to oak house who said ring nhs direct tomorrow as you might get a more help full person lol

I cant fault oak house really, that is the best practice I have ever been too
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 13:13   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dingle nurses are okay Taggy its the Dingle dentists you need to be wary of especially if your wearing a Rovers shirt
Luckily i've not had a Dingle Dentist yet Jaysay...however i did once have A vegetarian Dentist and Dental Nurse who fell about laughing when they found out i'd broke my tooth on a Bacon Sarnie!!!

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..