Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40   #1
God Member

Oaklea Pub

Another 'un bites the dust.

Now where will certain well known members of Accy Web go for their pre-match drinks?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06   #2
God Member

Re: Oaklea Pub

kin ell, when did it close? it was turned into a really nice pub
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12   #3
God Member

Still open, I believe but whoever owns it has applied for planning permission to turn it into flats:

Case File
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38   #4
Senior Member+

I spoke to the owner on Tuesday.

The owner did the same thing 6 years ago. He has re-applied due to the fact that the existing application is about to expire. Also, HBC are shortly changing thier "Core Policy" on the planning application process. Thus, he wants to get his application in early.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49   #5
God Member

Blimey, the owner dont mess about, a bloody shame if its re-developed i was nearly born in that pub former WMC! Is the owner pushing for this development bit har har at the executive yuppy apartments ---in accy mmmmm.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Still open, I believe but whoever owns it has applied for planning permission to turn it into flats:

Case File
Wrong, Tealeaf, not flats, they're executive apartments whatever they are. Sound just right for Accy.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 13:09   #7
God Member

Is it the building across the road from the Post Office which used to be a Working men's club? If so, lovely old stone building -would make very nice flats. Shame another pub would be closing (though i don't remember it as a pub) -saw on the news yesterday about how country pubs are managing to survive by diversifying into shops.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 13:39   #8
Super Moderator

NOOOOO!

Must confer with Cashy and various other chaps urgently, as this will cause major disruption to our pre-match rituals.
Old 05-01-2012, 13:53   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Wrong, Tealeaf, not flats, they're executive apartments whatever they are. Sound just right for Accy.
Executive apartments are flats with an extra nought on the price to keep out the riff raff.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 13:56   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Executive apartments are flats with an extra nought on the price to keep out the riff raff.
In theory yeh, but some riff raff have pots of money.
Old 05-01-2012, 17:43   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Who'd want to live in a posh flat on the thoroughfare for the local footy club ? Every 2nd Saturday hoards of ageing Yobboes, Hooglians & away fans padding past your yard, widdling on your Perennials & nicking or abusing your garden gnomes. lunacy I tell you, lunacy.
Old 05-01-2012, 18:15   #12
Resting in Peace

If he already has PP on the building it runs out after 6 years so could just be renewing it just in case
Old 05-01-2012, 18:28   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Who'd want to live in a posh flat on the thoroughfare for the local footy club ? Every 2nd Saturday hoards of ageing Yobboes, Hooglians & away fans padding past your yard, widdling on your Perennials & nicking or abusing your garden gnomes. lunacy I tell you, lunacy.
Hooglians

Are they special to Accy or are they what you have in Germany?
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 18:32   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Hooligans don't widdle.......they slash.
Old 05-01-2012, 18:57   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Hooglians

Are they special to Accy or are they what you have in Germany?
Your more genteel & aged thugling (see Cashy, Wynn & the rest of the Clayton Ol' Contemptibles )

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hooligans don't widdle.......they slash.
“quod erat demonstrandum”. The Cashmeister has marvellously confirmed my point

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..