Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 18:06   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Observer plug for Accy Web.

You didn't answer the bit about the pound shops

Quote:
theres a lot of people to counter that whome don't respect others, and that can't be fixed by changing some physical aspect of their surroundings
So if we give them nothing to be proud of its easier to turn a blind eye and do nothing.
Are any of the current politicians in Accy actually from Accy and still remember what it was like, the main reason I ask is fter reading this thread they all want to score points off each other and don't really give a sh it if anythings done to make the town a better place to live.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2006, 18:06   #62

Whilst I appreciate what CYFR is trying to say, a lot of the problems in Hyndburn are due to absentee landlords, who don't care what happens to other people who live in areas they own houses. A lot of these people are hard working and have always looked after their houses and the neighbourhood - but now find that speculators (being polite as I am ), just want to make as much profit as they can and couldn't care less about who they have as tenants or how much mayhem they cause in the area. In fact, it is to the advantage of these rogue landlords to drive an area down, as then they can pick up more houses at a rock bottom price. We meed Peter Britcliffe at al to bring him controls over the standards of these rogue private landlords.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 18:07   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
As for me having a go over abuse of Peter Britcliffe, I think I have every right to redress the balance, when ever Jonesy comes on here he likes to try and score cheep political points and is abley abeted by quite a few more, including your good self.......

I have already told Graham about the abuse I have suffered at the hands of so called Labour supporters just for having an oppinion.
This forum is open to all members of the public, even Peter Britcliffe himself could redress the political balance if he so wishes and the vileness of the tirades don't offend his sensibility.

As for the abuse you suffered that is shameful but did it result in the prosecution of anybody at all connected with the Labour party, or is that just supposition on your part?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 18:18   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender
ok Jaysay -you say the letter was 'tongue in cheek' and sent to the Observer about 4 weeks ago. But can you please tell me where in the letter it is actually made plain that it was 'tongue in cheek'. You have said in an earlier post on this topic that is a person's politics you are attacking not them personally, but there have been several letters that you have written to the Observer over the years, which have been personal attacks.
Incidentally, you also mention an incident at the council AGM(which was jeld on 18 May), in the letter, by my reckoning that was only 3 weeks ago, so are you sure about the date you sent the leeter to the Observer.
Your right Claytonender, I've checked my data base and I wrote and sent the letter on 19th May, three weeks, just seemed longer. About Grahams properties, am I right in saying the Cllr. Jones owns two properties in Hyndburn, was the fact not reported in the Observer on the 19th May, is it not true that ever since the Cllr Jones as be squirming about regarding these said properties, The fact that I dubed him "Two Homes" was tongue in cheek, but it does not get away home the facts that he owns two properties, good luck to him, its not a crime, but please don't try and say that this is any form of abuse, it is 100% fact
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 18:19   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
BTW, I still don't agree with many of your thoughts. - - -
Wouldn't want you to.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 18:26   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Not true - in fact, I only posted the other week that I was missing the arguments that this site used to enjoy on a regular basis. Those arguments were balanced debates where people got to have their say.

I don't condone that at all. But if you choose to send aggressive letters to the papers and behave on this site in an aggressive way then it should be no surprise when people respond to you in the same way.
Aggressive, god have you lead a sheltered life if you think thats aggressive, I only tell it as it is, and if you don't like it tough. I'm now putting this to bed as the World Cup is under way and I have far more interest in Football these days than politics, but I'll still be watching with one eye:engsmil:
Old 09-06-2006, 18:28   #67
Resting in Peace

I've been trying to answer Claytonender and Gayle but the server is going bananas, I'm fed up so I'm of the watch the footy on Telly Bye
Old 09-06-2006, 18:32   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
So if we give them nothing to be proud of its easier to turn a blind eye and do nothing.
Are any of the current politicians in Accy actually from Accy and still remember what it was like, the main reason I ask is fter reading this thread they all want to score points off each other and don't really give a sh it if anythings done to make the town a better place to live.
Even if the people im talking about (select minority..for now) had something to be proud of, they would most likely wreak it because said people have no respect. Just take a look at the graffti everywhere, phone box windows put through, new plants uprooted. Lifting certain people out of deprivation will not improve their respect, for example, that guy who won the lottery, and spent all his money winding his neighbours up, he bought a load of cars and him and his friends race round his garden crashing in to each other.

I don't sit here knowing the answers, but I can see that solving money issues does not solve the problem.
Old 09-06-2006, 20:34   #69
Full Member+

Seeing as Accy Web was`nt mentioned by name, I wonder how many people logged onto Hyndburn-Lite and we`re sorely disappointed!
Old 09-06-2006, 20:42   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
I can see that solving money issues does not solve the problem.
Carry on thinking like that you'll be a raving red before Christmas!

Old 09-06-2006, 20:45   #71
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
Seeing as Accy Web was`nt mentioned by name, I wonder how many people logged onto Hyndburn-Lite and we`re sorely disappointed!
I know he could have at least given Accy Web's address.

Even Peter Britcliffe only mentioned a 'local internet forum' in his smoking column, when he said there was a price on his head for catching him red-handed with a fag.

Old 09-06-2006, 21:10   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Carry on thinking like that you'll be a raving red before Christmas!
*Aquires dulux blue paint*
Old 10-06-2006, 08:16   #73
Super Moderator

As an exile, I've followed all this with great interest. However, the obvious question which has yet to be answered, Jaysay, is why on earth doesn't Peter Britcliffe post on here? He could then defend or explain his policies and refute all these slurs that you say have been directed at him. The leader of the opposition, Councillor Britcliffe's opponent in the recent elections and the local MP all post on here, so why not him? Come on, Peter, let's be having you!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:22   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr

I don't sit here knowing the answers, but I can see that solving money issues does not solve the problem.
Sounds like typical Tory stuff for "market forces will sort it out" next it will be the "trickle down effect" (still got my tongue out waiting for the droplets)!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:28   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
When I joined this site I thought the Idea was to use pen names, I have never made any secret of my name, in fact an earlier post on this thread I told those who didn't already, what my name is, as I don't have a problem with people knowing my true identity. In some ways this has cost me dear over the last 24 years (thats how long I've been writing to the press). In that time I have had death threats, threats to burn down my home, windows broken, car tyres slashed, cars scraped with nails, threatening phone calls at all times of day and night, even dog dirt smeard of my front door, I bet that has never happened to you Graham. Even of late Peter Britcliffe has had the window in his front door smashed and a pint thrown over him in his local by a lout who just ran out the door, so please don't talk to me about abuse, I have had my share at the hands of so-called Labour supporters, just for having an oppinion. The only thing I will say Graham is this I will never heap personal abuse on who or any other political figure, the policies and beliefes yes thats fair game, but how can abuse you on a personal level as I don't even know you. I think every one in public life do things to make a differance, I'm sure that has always been your intention and I know its Peter's
Why do you assume these people must be labour supporters??
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..