Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2015, 07:57   #211
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! It seems that MacDuffs are bang on target.

McDonald's to start BREATHALYSING customers to keep out drunken revellers | UK | News | Daily Express

Lets face it, in reality the times I've tended to enter its dread portals is after imbibing a few on an evening out. Getting an attack of the munchies & the only place open is a MacDuffs or a Burglar thing kind of limits your options if you don't want to burn the house down trying to cook something at daft o'clock in the morning.
Eric likes this.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:54   #212
Senior Member+

Personally, I wouldn't pee on muck Donald's if it was on fire,I never eat their poison (I know,they never really claim to be a healthy restaurant).But around 80% of its food is fake and full of chems.....Nasty
Gremlin likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:19   #213
Beacon of light

I have to say that on occasions I have been seen in McDonalds......some of the times I have sat and watched while himself has shovelled a Big Mac and fries down his gizzard......on the odd time I have eaten something of theirs it has been a chicken breast deli sandwich.......but this is not very often.
I think I would probably need to be intoxicated to eat any of their burgers.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:03   #214
Senior Member+

Only time I entered a McDonalds was in Cologne.
I got a bag of chips to take out.
It was lunch time and full of school kids, I took one look at the mess they were eating and decided there and then never to set foot in one of their slop bucket hovels again.
Old 02-05-2015, 13:38   #215
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The only time their food look's even remotely appetising is late at night after several glasses and with my spectacles in my pocket.

Do they suppose that after refusing a customer entry to their premises whilst drunk but not causing any problems, those same customers would, once sober, be inclined to ever cross their threshold ever again?

Surely, this would cause more problems than it could ever prevent? I pity the poor sod that has to attempt giving someone a breathalyser it would be like a red rag to a bull!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 15:19   #216
Senior Member+

I think the poor soul having to give some one the breathalyser would need iron trousers or risk the consequence of it being inserted in the wrong orafice.
Any establishment that wanted me to take a drink test would certainly not get my custom.
Police excepted.
Old 14-05-2015, 18:22   #217
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Have just seen this in the papers, the sign has been up for several years & all of a sudden, blow me! It's now deemed "offensive", admittedly only by a couple of gays in the village who've only just recently moved in, but still they expect it to be changed to soothe their offended sensibilities!

Welcome to Bangays Way: Gay couple demand road name is changed for being 'homophobic' | UK | News | Daily Express
Old 14-05-2015, 18:25   #218
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I'd tell em to go away wetly, seeing the real reason it was named that.
Old 14-05-2015, 18:34   #219
God Member

think they should leave the village if it upsets them that much

im sure they would be more happy living on cock lane

yes it does exist i have a picture of it but i dont think the lady leaning on it would like her picture posting up as well lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 11:15   #220
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
“Having got over the initial humour, we reflected that this street name was actually pretty offensive.
They had to think about it before deciding they were offended. Thats the problem in this Country, too many people walk around trying to be offended about anything they can
Old 15-05-2015, 11:23   #221
God Member

On the general topic of giving offence and being offended, has this caught on over on that side of the pond?

FHRITP cases could lead to charges, but unclear if they'd result in conviction - Canada - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 17:26   #222
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! It seems that MacDuffs are bang on target.

McDonald's to start BREATHALYSING customers to keep out drunken revellers | UK | News | Daily Express

Lets face it, in reality the times I've tended to enter its dread portals is after imbibing a few on an evening out. Getting an attack of the munchies & the only place open is a MacDuffs or a Burglar thing kind of limits your options if you don't want to burn the house down trying to cook something at daft o'clock in the morning.
Neither of them but the brattie stall at Spandau U-Bahn was a definite must - and that was on the way for a night out in Charlottenburg
Old 15-05-2015, 17:28   #223
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
think they should leave the village if it upsets them that much

im sure they would be more happy living on cock lane

yes it does exist i have a picture of it but i dont think the lady leaning on it would like her picture posting up as well lol
Go on - I dare you
Old 15-05-2015, 18:05   #224
Senior Member+

A lot of people used to end up on 'Queer Street' but I never knew where it was .
Bet they've had to change it's name as well.
monkey hanger likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 18:34   #225
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Neither of them but the brattie stall at Spandau U-Bahn was a definite must - and that was on the way for a night out in Charlottenburg
When I used to deliver round Berlin I'd stay overnight at the Toc-H, that being the case I'd usually amble down to Joe Divers place "Irish Pub" (always good for a free pint or 2 & a wee nip of Irish as I delivered there) in Spandau. Always on my bestest behaviour as it was the haunt of the local Plod squad (GCP) & my didn't those boys & girls enjoy a pint or several.

Next door but one was a Kebab shop which thrived on the clientèle from Joe's & yours truly when he was in town. The thing you'd get in there would to be chocked full of meat (not necessarily identified meat but meat none the less & lets face it, when you've had a few you're not particularly fussy ) oniogs & chillli-garlic sauce. What I didn't dribble down my front, share with stray animals or drop along my journey home would last long enough to get back to the Toccy & my scratcher for the night.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..