Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2017, 19:27   #271
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And isn't that a very, very sad thing?
It is, but i reckon its true.
Old 17-10-2017, 14:07   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And this weeks winner of the "Whaaat the!!" awards is :-

Britain's first gender fluid family where son is raised as gender neutral | UK | News | Express.co.uk

He-she, She-He, it & ..... Star-Cloud???? Is it just me, or are there other folk out there who can't get their heads around our "Modern world"?
Well there will be something to entertain this offspring:-

UN called to make Thomas the Tank Engine GENDER NEUTRAL - fans furious | UK | News | Express.co.uk

The strange thing is that I know several drivers of steam engines and they always refer to the engines as 'she'.
Less, bernie94 and DaveinGermany like this.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 17:28   #273
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Well there will be something to entertain this offspring:-

UN called to make Thomas the Tank Engine GENDER NEUTRAL - fans furious | UK | News | Express.co.uk

The strange thing is that I know several drivers of steam engines and they always refer to the engines as 'she'.
Quite right, no machine be it a train, a ship, or a car should be called she, that suggests SHE is a bitch to work with and let's be honest most of us can get on better without the tantrums, mechanical failure is so much simpler.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 18:15   #274
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
No surprise really, constantly hissing, seething & steaming, lets not forget the constant attention they need to try & keep them happily ticking along!
Old 17-10-2017, 18:59   #275
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Quite right, no machine be it a train, a ship, or a car should be called she, that suggests SHE is a bitch to work with and let's be honest most of us can get on better without the tantrums, mechanical failure is so much simpler.
Terribly sorry, I forgot to add,

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 21:13   #276
Beacon of light

And so you should be Less.(I know you didn't make the comment about steaming and hissing...but it seemed that you agree with it)
Some women might steam and hiss...but there are some(and I consider myself in this category)are helpful, low maintenance, and useful...my other half and I have been hitched for 51 years.
I feel sure that if I had been painful to live with, or be around he would have scarpered long ago.
This is not to say we always see eye to eye...but a little bit of friction makes life interesting.

You might have been unfortunate enough to have had a steamer, a hisses, a nagger...but we don't all fit into that mould.
Less, AccyMad, dotti34 and 1 others like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 05:25   #277
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
And so you should be Less.(I know you didn't make the comment about steaming and hissing...but it seemed that you agree with it)
No yer Lady Honourshipness, I did! You can't really believe I meant those things I wrote do you? You've read of my varying exploits in life (through various blogs & suchlike), so surely you're aware of my odd humour added to that I did put a "winky" smiley on the end of the comment.

Furthermore the witchitty one would string me up if she thought I was serious!!!
Old 18-10-2017, 06:11   #278
Beacon of light

Son my comment was tongue in cheek.
Old 18-10-2017, 09:40   #279

Quote:
Son my comment was tongue in cheek.
A female of the species with a tongue small enough to be kept in her cheek !
Must be an evolving new lifeform.

stay happy Marge, Your's Taddy.
Less likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 10:38   #280
Beacon of light

Taddy I hope to...stay happy, that is.

As for my tongue...it is big enough to be effective,can be sharpened to a fine point when the need arises, can also be heated when necessary(as in hot tongue and cold shoulder) and is definitely small enough to get in my cheek...also small enough to be held
taddy likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-10-2017 at 10:41.
Old 19-10-2017, 08:12   #281
God Member

never had names for any car i have owned apart from words i cannot post on here. always remember going back years to the car sticker era where there was an image of a tramp saying i bought british and look at me now. owned a rover once and hadn,t a grey hair in my had when i bought it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 12:43   #282
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And elsewhere in the tabloids "Lefty numpties screwed by their own bigoted hatred!". Couldn't happen to nicer people, must admit to having a somewhat indulgent smug grin on me chops while reading.

Channel 4 Islamophobia Documentary Sparks Racism Row over 'Blackface'
Old 21-10-2017, 13:09   #283
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Seems the UN have really lost the plot now .....

UN Agency Makes Mugabe 'Goodwill Ambassador' One Month After He Endorsed Killers of White Farmers

Think it's time they were disbanded, failing that, totally ignored as their attitudes are definitely irreparably skewed!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-10-2017, 11:22   #284
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Seems the UN have really lost the plot now .....

UN Agency Makes Mugabe 'Goodwill Ambassador' One Month After He Endorsed Killers of White Farmers

Think it's time they were disbanded, failing that, totally ignored as their attitudes are definitely irreparably skewed!
as sensible a move than giving dracula the keys to the blood bank.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 12:55   #285
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I prefer the expression "Giving the Monkey the keys to the Banana plantation!", far more earthy & fluffy don't you think? Wouldn't want the sjw's & the whiny liberal leftist wetting themselves over perceived nastiness now would we.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..