Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 04:13   #46
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's been reported in most papers Dave.. I chose to post the mail because if I'd posted the guardian, I would have had that tory bloke on here saying it was all left wing rubbish!
But it's the propaganda oracle of the enemy classes ! If you carry on reading that folk will start to think .... DAH..DAH..DA ! You're a closet TORY !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2010, 09:38   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's been reported in most papers Dave.. I chose to post the mail because if I'd posted the guardian, I would have had that tory bloke on here saying it was all left wing rubbish!
You know that Tory bloke too well Mancie
Old 03-11-2010, 09:39   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
But it's the propaganda oracle of the enemy classes ! If you carry on reading that folk will start to think .... DAH..DAH..DA ! You're a closet TORY !
Well Dave me can be a closet Dave but never a Tory
Old 03-11-2010, 19:13   #49
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well Dave me can be a closet Dave but never a Tory
Eh ? Pass ! Next question please.
Old 04-11-2010, 00:17   #50
God Member

Just one of Jaysay's "out here" posts
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 11:22   #51
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

An old thread I know, but after reading this particular little gem today. Do I really need to say anything here ?

London 2012 Olympics: torch relay police officers 'to get counselling' - Telegraph

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 21-04-2012 at 11:25.
Old 21-04-2012, 12:11   #52
God Member

That just about takes the biscuit - am going home myself tomorrow after 3 weeks away. Will suggest counselling for the family as they get used to my being back, my presence might upset any new equilibrium!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 13:14   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
An old thread I know, but after reading this particular little gem today. Do I really need to say anything here ?

London 2012 Olympics: torch relay police officers 'to get counselling' - Telegraph
No think the headline says it all DIG
Old 22-04-2012, 17:51   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Security firms paid £23m to guard police stations | Mail Online
This is when the old statement "you couldn't make it up" comes into play,
doesn't say much for law and order if they can't even look after their own establishment
thought some1 like yourself would welcome more men in costumes or is that grinda?
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 18:04   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris View Post
thought some1 like yourself would welcome more men in costumes or is that grinda?
Crawl back under your stone
Old 23-04-2012, 08:52   #56
I am Banned

As the title says it's a funny old world
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 04:00   #57
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Regularly it's with new amazement that I find out my idea of the pressing problems that face the Country are challenged. Happily I now know it's not the crises with the Euro or Euro zone, gawd no, not even the lack of jobs & unemployment, a mere inconvenience, the economy & recession, housing, even immigration is just a piffling diversion, how foolish I've been, no the real problem is kids, well babies to be more precise, so that's it then, Dave & chums have come up with the answer ? UK's problems will soon be solved ?

No 10 guide to changing nappies and baby talk - Telegraph
Old 18-05-2012, 07:50   #58
Beacon of light

A monumental waste of money. This smacks of 'Blair' type window dressing.
It will not be accessed by the people who truly NEED skills in parenting...(well not unless the vouchers can be sold on to buy something that these feckless parents see as more interesting)....and where is the money coming from...what services are being dispensed with, in order to pay for this smoke and mirrors ploy.

PS........I do hope Mancie is reading this. It might dispel the myth that I support this government.

There is so much in the country that needs urgent attention, but the government just tinker around the edges with stuff that has little relevance to the real problems.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 08:19   #59
Resting in Peace

Well in our day its was the kind of skills you learned from your parents, not some government gimmick, I do wonder sometimes just what goes on in the minds of politicians. Even animals know how to bring up their young its called instinct, and humans are supposed to be far more superior, the mind really does boggle
Old 18-05-2012, 09:02   #60
Senior Member+

Does Mr Cameron have parenting skills or are "ones" children looked after by "ones" nanny?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..