Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2008, 12:03   #1

Old lady attacked

Just had a phone call from a friend who lives on Wellington Court. A neighbour of hers (in her 80's) forgot to lock her front door last night and woke up during the night with a young bloke on top of her, don't know if she has been raped but he touched her where he shouldn't have, he didn't take anything so looks like he was there for one reason only. She has been taken to Blackburn hospital. Don't know any more but will update when I hear how she is. Evil little git.
Old 26-08-2008, 12:15   #2
God Member

Re: Old lady attacked

Oh god!
Hope the lady recovers ok

And hope he gets what he deserves
Old 26-08-2008, 12:18   #3
God Member

dirty bastard most probably knows her as i cant see somone randomly checking front doors

either way i hope the idiot has previous and left behind fingerprints or somthing catch him out

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 12:46   #4

There has been someone going round for the last few months knocking on doors early hours in the morning, might be the same one.......as you say hope he's left some DNA behind and they catch him quick.
Old 26-08-2008, 12:47   #5
God Member

Where abouts is Wellington Court?
Old 26-08-2008, 13:56   #6
God Member

Got it, it aint too far from police station, around royd st and nutall st
Old 26-08-2008, 14:00   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Where abouts is Wellington Court?
On Wellington St opposite Pop club (I think)
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 14:05   #8
Senior Member+

not far from me then!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 14:17   #9
God Member

Here's hoping that everyone locks their door anyway, but it's a message to take extra precaution
Old 26-08-2008, 15:34   #10

in a perfect world they would have their dangly bits cut off.
watched pierrpoint last night, thats just the sort of job i could do, no probs. i wouldnt lose any sleep over them. but we live in a PC world and it aint gonna happen.
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 16:07   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Here's hoping that everyone locks their door anyway, but it's a message to take extra precaution
Its surprising how many old people occasionaly forget to lock their doors, I'm only 62 and I forgot to lock my door last week, but this is a despicable act by a callous coward who needs his nuts chopping off
Old 26-08-2008, 16:10   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its surprising how many old people occasionaly forget to lock their doors, I'm only 62 and I forgot to lock my door last week, but this is a despicable act by a callous coward who needs his nuts chopping off
Yeah I can imagine there are a fair few unfortunately, not just forget but are still too trusting, hopefully, not in a bad way of course, this should never have happened to anyone, but hopefully people will get a message from this, the world is a horrible place and will no doubt get worse
Old 26-08-2008, 16:11   #13
Senior Member+

It's not just old people that overlook locking their doors, I have forgotten from time to time, am sure we all have at some point

It makes me sick that there are people like this walking the street, if caught then they should have there bits cut off, they deserve to be punished
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 16:26   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
It's not just old people that overlook locking their doors, I have forgotten from time to time, am sure we all have at some point

It makes me sick that there are people like this walking the street, if caught then they should have there bits cut off, they deserve to be punished
very occasionally i have forgot to lock up, think its more forgetfullness than trusting, hope the old lass gets over it, though i doubt that, if they catch the pervert,what has he got to fear? NOWT, the doogooders are near as much to blame in my book.
Old 26-08-2008, 16:38   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
very occasionally i have forgot to lock up, think its more forgetfullness than trusting, hope the old lass gets over it, though i doubt that, if they catch the pervert,what has he got to fear? NOWT, the doogooders are near as much to blame in my book.
Well your right again cashy, the dogooders have a lot to answer for, why is it that these puritanicle twits dictate how we live and what we have to put up with, it started in schools back in the seventies and its now in every facet of our society. Whenthey did away with fox hunting they could have replaced it with a weekly dogooder hunt, but with pitbulls

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..