Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2006, 17:10   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Old versus new technologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
Just a quick question Rindy, have you thought of getting your signiture made into a stamp then when you need to sign you can just use the stamp alot easier when you have parkies!

A lady once used it to sign her things in the shop eg: cheque or bank transaction slip!

Just a thought for you. :-)
My bank, the Halifax, have been really helpful with similar ideas. Though with chip and pin, happily I hardly need to sign anything anymore.

Yes Mick, I'll try and end up in Blackburn Lancashire and not Blackburn Illinois....hopefully.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2011, 10:16   #47
Give, give, give member

Really lovely suprise this morning.

My old lecturer at Blackburn, who inspired my choice of degree course at art school, contacted me this morning.

This was her message...

'I remember you - and very fondly. I don't think anyone else ever saw the potential in making garments out of the print backing cloth! You were a total joy as a student. Intelligent, witty, hard- working and completely bonkers - the best combination of attributes.
I do have one piece and some photo's that I have always kept for sentimental reasons as well as for being great work. It's your "book project" work sheets and the photo's of you and other students in your (so 80's!) garments. I would love for you to have them.'

Had an awful week, health wise, and this has been a total tonic, and made me smile

Hopefully going to collect the work, and catch up with an amazing lecturer, very soon.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

Just wanted to share something that's made me happy.

Old 14-03-2011, 10:20   #48
Resting in Peace

Yes, and thanks for sharing ...xx
Feel better soon.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 11:19   #49
Beacon of light

Just PM'd you G....hope you will soon be feeling much better.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 16:30   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'I remember you - and very fondly. I don't think anyone else ever saw the potential in making garments out of the print backing cloth!

If you're still in to that sort of thing, I've got some 'owd odd socks you might be interested in making garments out of. I'll drop them off next time I'm up in Ossy.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 17:48   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Really lovely surprise this morning.

My old lecturer at Blackburn, who inspired my choice of degree course at art school, contacted me this morning.

This was her message...

'I remember you - and very fondly. I don't think anyone else ever saw the potential in making garments out of the print backing cloth! You were a total joy as a student. Intelligent, witty, hard- working and completely bonkers - the best combination of attributes.
I do have one piece and some photo's that I have always kept for sentimental reasons as well as for being great work. It's your "book project" work sheets and the photo's of you and other students in your (so 80's!) garments. I would love for you to have them.'

Had an awful week, health wise, and this has been a total tonic, and made me smile

Hopefully going to collect the work, and catch up with an amazing lecturer, very soon.

Just wanted to share something that's made me happy.

Very nice story G. and the lady surely had you weighed up when she said you were completely bonkers, spot on there mate
Old 14-03-2011, 18:20   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Very nice story G. and the lady surely had you weighed up when she said you were completely bonkers, spot on there mate
Bonkers made me laugh too.

This lecturer was one of a group who threatened to resign, after some of the drawing masters, there since the fifties, tried to get me thrown out for exhibiting an 'obscene' painting.

So bonkers was probably a very good description of me at seventeen...just as it is now.

Old 14-03-2011, 18:25   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Bonkers made me laugh too.

This lecturer was one of a group who threatened to resign, after some of the drawing masters, there since the fifties, tried to get me thrown out for exhibiting an 'obscene' painting.

So bonkers was probably a very good description of me at seventeen...just as it is now.

The only thing is G your older and wiser now, and still bonkers
Old 14-03-2011, 18:28   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The only thing is G your older and wiser now, and still bonkers
Wiser?

I'll beg to differ on that one.

Old 14-03-2011, 18:33   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I've got some 'owd odd socks you might be interested in making garments out of. I'll drop them off next time I'm up in Ossy.
Don't encourage him, he'll unravel 'em and have a go at this. BBC - Guerrilla knitting by 'yarn-archists' comes to Crewe

Mind you in Hyndburn he'd probably get public funding for it.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 18:37   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Wiser?

I'll beg to differ on that one.

Ya well it was probably me being a little over exuberant

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..