Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2012, 15:01   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

On A Happier Note

A fair bit is said about our youth not wanting jobs, avoiding work whenever possible, willing to put up with the dole rather than do anything.

I would like to take a chance to say well done, you prove that the above isn't true.

What the heck am I talking about?

Well the young lads and lasses that wander up and down outside ASDA and a few other places wearing billboards, perhaps you haven't noticed them?

They advertise a furniture warehouse, well done to them and well done to the company that employs them, they are probably on a minimum wage, but I admire the fact they are out there in public showing they are prepared to do what the majority of young folk would like to do, WORK.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2012, 15:31   #2
Senior Member+

Re: On A Happier Note

i too commend them, only my suspicious nature, i am always curious as to the reason they wear a mask, i like to think its to avoid the embarrassment of doing such a job, and getting unwarranted stick off their peers, but good on em for earning a few quid doing what ever it takes, for this they have my upmost regard, however the more cynical side thinks, its so the social dont know they are working and signing on, i hope i am wrong on this count and its the former.

its horrible always seeing the negative in things

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 15:40   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As they obviously don't provide the costume, makes it a no-no to me.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post

its horrible always seeing the negative in things
Yes it is, and in the second post as well in a thread praising our youth rather than slamming them, obviously you need to consider you're thoughts before applying them to the site.

What a shame could have been a nice friendly thread.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:45   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes it is, and in the second post as well in a thread praising our youth rather than slamming them, obviously you need to consider you're thoughts before applying them to the site.

What a shame could have been a nice friendly thread.
i do wish you would actually read my post rather than your usual knee jerk reaction, you may find that they are not always what they first appear.

as for my thought applied to the site, its an open forum, thats the idea, different peoples thoughts.

only you choose to just put people down for having an opinion, oh well same old

Old 16-11-2012, 15:49   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I read yer post n thought the cynicism was unwarranted, n possibly done fer n ulterior motive.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:50   #7
Senior Member+

and what ulterior motive could i possibly have?

for pointing out one of my own failings!

Old 16-11-2012, 15:51   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
i do wish you would actually read my post rather than your usual knee jerk reaction, you may find that they are not always what they first appear.

as for my thought applied to the site, its an open forum, thats the idea, different peoples thoughts.

only you choose to just put people down for having an opinion, oh well same old

Yes, I put down your negative thoughts in a positive thread, do you do it deliberately because I started it, or without thinking because you are just a nasty person with nasty ideas?
Old 16-11-2012, 15:52   #9
Resting In Peace

Would you like to have a go at me too - cos something similar had crossed my mind as ChurchFC posted.

Or perhaps let's put the big wooden spoons away, stop stirring and have a sensible discussion.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:54   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, I put down your negative thoughts in a positive thread, do you do it deliberately because I started it, or without thinking because you are just a nasty person with nasty ideas?
probably just a nasty person with nasty ideas, or a realist

dont flatter yerself that much less, would have posted exactly the same whover made the comment

i DID commend these yung people for doing anything they can too earn a few quid, wish there was more like em, i have done it as i am sure lots of others on here have to

but dont pretend that this sort of thing doesnt happen, where scrupulous employers pay way below minimum wage and cash in hand, nasty person or not it happens

Old 16-11-2012, 15:55   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As they obviously don't provide the costume, makes it a no-no to me.
Well as neither you susie nor church have responded to that thought/comment i'll stick wi what i think, thats sod all to do wi stirring its common sense.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:57   #12
Senior Member+

didnt respond because i didnt follow, wasnt clear enough for me to comment on, as for it being obvious that the employer provides the costume, how so?

Old 16-11-2012, 15:57   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well as neither you susie nor church have responded to that thought/comment i'll stick wi what i think, thats sod all to do wi stirring its common sense.
I'm sorry Cashy, I didn't understand your comment otherwise I might have been able to respond.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:58   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I'm sorry Cashy, I didn't understand your comment otherwise I might have been able to respond.
snap

Old 16-11-2012, 16:00   #15

Quote:
A fair bit is said about our youth not wanting jobs, avoiding work whenever possible, willing to put up with the dole rather than do anything.

I would like to take a chance to say well done, you prove that the above isn't true.

What the heck am I talking about?

Well the young lads and lasses that wander up and down outside ASDA and a few other places wearing billboards, perhaps you haven't noticed them?

They advertise a furniture warehouse, well done to them and well done to the company that employs them, they are probably on a minimum wage, but I admire the fact they are out there in public showing they are prepared to do what the majority of young folk would like to do, WORK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Would you like to have a go at me too - cos something similar had crossed my mind as ChurchFC posted.

Or perhaps let's put the big wooden spoons away, stop stirring and have a sensible discussion.
Where in my original post was I using wooden spoons? Why just because you find yourself as cynical as he am I wrong?

Surely both of you should just butt out and let folk with real feelings answer the thread?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..