Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2016, 16:26   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Once upon a time .....

children do not read into these stories what adults do...mainly because children are innocent and see only the good guy against tha baddie.
Most fairy tales have a very dark side...if that is what you are looking for.
Witches, wicked step mothers, ugly sisters,poisoned apples etc.
The PC brigade like to come along and spoil everything..if we let them.

There are NO really innocent fairy stories...not one if you have the mind of a politically correct feminazi.
Less, cashman and dotti34 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2016, 16:49   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats the trouble these days Rowlf, far too many stupid do-gooders, that for me, do more harm than good.

Unfortunately they are too busy doing what they think is good, they tend to ignore what is really bad for children, usually deviant adults.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 17:28   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You are going to upset the anatomists as well Dave, they would tell you that it isn't their hand from which these idiots spout their prejudice.

So that's what you look like - I always wondered, thanks for clearing it up!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 18:29   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
So that's what you look like - I always wondered, thanks for clearing it up!
Still bitchin' instead of thinking eh?
Old 22-11-2016, 14:58   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And now poor little "Cinders" comes in for a dose of leftie liberal lunacy! And from one of Accringtons very own to boot ......

BBC criticised after writer encourages children to rewrite Cinderella | UK | News | Daily Express
Old 22-11-2016, 15:31   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And now poor little "Cinders" comes in for a dose of leftie liberal lunacy! And from one of Accringtons very own to boot ......

BBC criticised after writer encourages children to rewrite Cinderella | UK | News | Daily Express
There are several discussions out there that originally cinders wore squirrel fur slippers and that a mistake in translation changed it to glass.

Quote:
The standard explanation for Cinderella's famous footwear is that it is the result of a mistranslation, someone having mistaken pantoufle de vair, fur slipper, for pantoufle de verre, glass slipper, Cinderella when making an English version of Charles Perrault's Histoires ou contes du temps passé avec des moralités (1697). (The title of Perrault's collection — in English, Stories or Tales of Olden Times with Morals — also is known as Tales of My Mother Goose, after a line that appears on the frontispiece of the original, Contes de ma mère l'oye.)
Taken from :-

Glass Slippers Mistranslations : snopes.com

Which also mentions she was helped by her mother not a fairy-godmother, so...

If it has already been corrupted from it's original should this woman really be encouraging even further corruption of a popular Fairytale?

Last edited by Less; 22-11-2016 at 15:34.
Old 22-11-2016, 17:59   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There are several discussions out there that originally cinders wore squirrel fur slippers and that a mistake in translation changed it to glass.
Damn it! That's PETA & the Animal rights mobs getting a she-ity on too!

Quandary time again for the great unwashed sjws!
Less likes this.
Old 24-11-2016, 09:29   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Damn it! That's PETA & the Animal rights mobs getting a she-ity on too!

Quandary time again for the great unwashed sjws!
I know it can be dangerous, but, I've been thinking.

We didn't used to get any of this P.C. nonsense before the 1970's up until then men had been happily killing each other through the centuries and women would announce that they will obey in their wedding vows, then a female liberation caused them to rise up and add to global warming by burning their bras.*
All that seemed to do was increase the productivity of Asian sweatshops when within a few months the same liberated ladies found tripping over breasts that hung down to their ankles was uncomfortable, so they bought some more.
With female emancipation should have come female responsibility however, instead of making sensible changes to life they created the P.C. brigade, some say it was revenge and meant to just upset the men that had kept them chained to the kitchen sink for millennia, what they didn't realise was that once introduced it would be forced onto all genders of all walks of life by lefty lesbian killjoys.
So now we do have equality, all of us have to suffer the stupidity of these people.

It might be noticed however, that things aren't completely cocked up, modern technology has moved forward in leaps and bounds thanks to this revolution, I think the change in female attitudes has forced more men to hide in their sheds for a bit of peace and quiet. This is all well and good but no-one can stay in the shed forever so when they come out they had to prove to their boss, (sorry I think I meant loving partner) their time had been productive, resulting in the advance of computers, digital cameras and mobile phones, etc.

On considering the situation I would give up the advances gladly if we could get back to a situation where I can call a spade a spade and Little Red Riding Hood can be read to children at bedtime so that they drift happily off to sleep rather than have them lying there worrying about the four hour lecture that came after the story telling them how unfair life is and how the wolf somehow represents the oppression of men on the fairer sex.

*Please note, women didn't know they were adding to global warming it is a profitable industry that hadn't been invented back then.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.

Last edited by Less; 24-11-2016 at 09:37.
Old 24-11-2016, 12:13   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Alright it's from the American chat show host Jimmy Kimmel & yes it's a pish take of the outraged sjws & snowflakes over there in the good Ol' US of A, locally themed but still ...... transplant it anywhere round Europe (or other civilised parts of the world were muppets have gained the upperhand) take a suitable local tale & "Bobs' your Uncle" (or not, if we're going to be non gender assignment specific! )

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..