Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2016, 13:50   #1
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Once upon a time .....

Oh deary, deary, me, reading todays tabloids it appears that what I (and I presume many others) took for a harmless fairytale & fantasy escapism rendered to generations via Disney animation, is in actual fact, vile, pernicious sexism! Not only that, it panders to us evil males by subliminally reinforcing stereotypical genderism & the subservience of females to abusive relationships!

Beauty And The Beast is a 'sexist' fairytale according to a new teaching plan | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Daily Express

Bü88er me! How very foolish I've been over my past 51 going on 52 years to not grasp this blatantly obvious discrimination. Apparently this disgusting anomaly was raised a few years back, but was seemingly brushed off & tucked into some dark & forgotten grubby cubby ..... until now. Due mainly in part to "Beauty & the Beast" being remade for re-release by Disney in March 2017. Starring one Mr.Dan Stevens (whoever he maybe) & the rather well known feminist & womens liberist, Mz.Emma Thompson (so how does this fit with her Femimorales?).

Now then, due to my selfish chauvinistic nature (for making my Wife, grand-daughter & niece at some point watch the film & that I personally think their foolish persecution projection on what is just a bit of harmless fantasy is just a load of Bolliks!) I'm no doubt due to an unholy outpouring of wrath & rabid frothing from the crazed Feminazis out there for my insensitive "man views" & as such should be publicly lambasted & thrashed for the greater good & to make the "Sisterhood" feel smugly righteous!

Anyone else believe we've come to far in allowing illiberal liberals of all stripes & persuasions a free hand to spout their senseless drivel?
Old 20-11-2016, 15:19   #2

Re: Once upon a time .....

It's not a good report from the Express (no surprises there). It doesn't give the source of the Teaching Plan or who wrote it. Is it American, English or what? No quotes from teachers to elaborate on the story.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 15:20   #3

I am with you dave
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 15:36   #4
Beacon of light

Yes we have Son... We should see this for the fairy story that it is. Nothing more, nothing less.
I really think that the people who come out with this bilge need to be doing an arduous job....one which leaves them so tired they do not have time to dream up these fanciful notions.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-11-2016 at 15:39.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 16:14   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
It's not a good report from the Express (no surprises there). It doesn't give the source of the Teaching Plan or who wrote it. Is it American, English or what? No quotes from teachers to elaborate on the story.
Michael, Michael, Michael, tsk! How very negative of you my dear fellow, it's from the "Express" so of course it's to be disdained is it not? Such a right leaning, Farage praising, Brexit lauding, EU eschewing publication surely can't be relied on can it? I mean, it don't support lefty narrative so lets' ignore it eh?

So to appease your denial, I had a couple of minutes skegging on goggle & lo ... several other dailies have at last picked up on the story, somewhat late, but still, they're now reporting it, a few examples below, but please don't feel obliged to read, they're merely for reference.

Beauty and the Beast 'promotes domestic abuse,' claims controversial school lesson plan | The Independent

School tells children Beauty and the Beast promotes domestic abuse | Metro News

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ist-fairytales

There you go my fine fellow (despite my misogynistic, sexist, racist, knuckle dragging Express & Breitbart London reading prediliction I've even included articles from the Indie & Grauniad as far from the right as should be comfortable for the left leaning ) As to from whence this irrationality comes, that I've also sourced for you, mighty decent don't you agree?

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...disney-6161443
Old 20-11-2016, 16:57   #6

Thanks for the links, Dave. At least they expand on the story, unlike the rather sketchy report in the Express. Who, where, when, why, who, how - most missed by the Express reporter. Now if you had written it, I'm sure you would have given us all the salient facts.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 20-11-2016, 17:08   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Now if you had written it, I'm sure you would have given us all the salient facts.
Ah, you silver tongued flatterer you!

Old 20-11-2016, 17:28   #8

Quote:
Who, where, when, why, who, how - most missed by the Express reporter.
Oops! I won't make a good reporter either. Too many whos! I should have checked my copy before submitting it to the editor.
Old 20-11-2016, 18:23   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
a free hand to spout their senseless drivel?
You are going to upset the anatomists as well Dave, they would tell you that it isn't their hand from which these idiots spout their prejudice.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 18:42   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You are going to upset the anatomists as well Dave
Fine, that's another "ist" add it to the list.

And anther thing, if they're wetting their knickers over this, they'll be apoplectic about "Snow White & the 7 Dwarves" how many cardinal sins in that badger?

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 20-11-2016 at 18:46.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 20:00   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
"Snow White & the 7 Dwarves" how many cardinal sins in that badger?
Giving this one a little more consideration, it seems the Feminazies are going to be well screwed (Too much overtly mannish ignorance using screwed? Meh ... grow a pair, oh dear another one )

Anyways I digress, getting back to Miss Snowy, poor girl forced into domestic drudgery & servitude to a gang of white males, well obviously sexist, degrading & all men are B'stards is the cry. Outrageous

Unfortunately for the serially offended & the siw's these 7 white males are Dwarves .... so to rail against them must surely be construed as "Dwarfist"? See the problems developing here?

Now if we rebalance the inequality, say Miss Snowy is of a darker shade (racism box ticked), then we make these beardy, funny clothes wearing, vertically challenged individuals of a similar colour (we're doing well on the race card aren't we) & the final discrepancy of say, lets see, religion, yeah religion, instead of being overbearingly Christiian, lets call them, oh I don't know, followers of the "Religion of pieces" Bingo, we've now totally changed the poor girls situation & brought equality & diversity to the story ...... haven't we?

The sjw's, snowflakes & hard of thinking should now be in their element surely as in their world view isn't that how things are meant to be? Oh, silly me, nearly forgot "And they all lived happily ever after ... right?"

dotti34 likes this.
Old 20-11-2016, 20:46   #12

How about Hansel and gretel then?

Cruel parents and abandonment,

ruining the environment by littering with breadcrumbs,

vandalising a pensioners cottage, eating the roof.

An old lady with cannibalistic tendencies.

Deranged twins celebrate by putting old woman in oven and roasting her to death.

Now that, seems to be the stuff a whole T.V. forensics team could analyse through two or three series.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 20-11-2016, 20:54   #13

I suspect that of the above the P.C.ers would find

ruining the environment by littering with breadcrumbs

To be the most heinous of these crimes.
Old 21-11-2016, 13:13   #14
Full Member+

I suppose the PC brigade could make a case for most fairy tales. They were written for children and should be seen through the eyes of a child not interpreted in today's twisted way of thinking. A couple of years ago there was an uproar about Noddy and Big Ears living together and Andy Pandy and Looby Lou getting into a wicker basket together. For goodness sake have these people nothing better to do. Let children be children and have their fairy stories because they grow up far too soon these days as it is.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 13:17   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats the trouble these days Rowlf, far too many stupid do-gooders, that for me, do more harm than good.
Jim Procter, dotti34 and Rowlf like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..