Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2014, 11:36   #16
Senior Member+

Re: One good turn deserves a smack in the mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the other week someone had thrown their trolly after using it into my car rather than take it away and asda refused to check the footage

are cars left at their own risk as i havnt seen any signs saying so or is it now a standard assumption that if you use asda carpark you do so at your own peril?
There is usually a sign somewhere that says "all cars parked at owners risk", and dont get me started about people who don't put their trolley back, I once found myself shouting at a bloke who just dumped his trolley blocking a parking space and he was 10 strides away from a trolley park. I had to stop it, as it was becoming an obsession.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2014, 11:39   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Is DiG in town.
No he's not! But the next time he is you're on the list mate! Blatant, unadulterated, Scouscism that!

I know the feeling Dave, some swipe had my trims away from the car outside our house (here in Germany I hasten to add!). Spoke to Ford here & I was looking at €40,00 per trim, it really is galling when stuff like that happens.
davemac and gpick24 like this.
Old 15-03-2014, 11:47   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
No he's not! But the next time he is you're on the list mate! Blatant, unadulterated, Scouscism that!
Aye but its another of them "Sad But True" things.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 15-03-2014, 13:30   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I had a slight problem at a cash register earlier this week, I purchased an Item for £19.99p and gave them a £20 note, The lady handed me my change and receipt.

It was only when I got out of the store and checked, she had given me £10.01p change.
I returned to the store and queued at the same till, when I got to her I said that she had given me the wrong change.
"Did you leave the store?" she asked in a very loud voice. (She knew I had her register is next to the door). "Well, yes", was my reply. A gleeful sort of smile crossed her face as in the same loud voice she firmly told me, "Sorry Sir, corrections cannot be made once you've left the store". "Well thank you", I replied in an equally loud and happy voice, "I reckon I can get about three pints out of the tenner you've so generously given me". I turned around and left the store.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 18:51   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

I know the feeling Dave, some swipe had my trims away from the car outside our house (here in Germany I hasten to add!). Spoke to Ford here & I was looking at €40,00 per trim, it really is galling when stuff like that happens.
Anyway he should have known it wasnt you, it was only half a job. A true scouser such as you Dave would have had the wheels as well
And to be serious Davemc ,he will get his some day somehow it will happen.

Last edited by walkinman221; 15-03-2014 at 18:54.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 22:30   #21
Senior Member+

Dave,
why dont you put cable ties around your trims and keep a pair of plyers in the boot incase you break down?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 05:25   #22
Senior Member+

Dav you missed Neils reply...

Well. That is quite an amazing story dave. A good deed often goes unrewarded. When I was 12 years old me and my friend found a TV and video player just sat there on electricity street. Being closer to his house we took them there and his parents called the police. The day after the owners came and picked them up as they had been burgled. Aparrently we never got any thanks and they was quite rude his mother had told me. That same year they went on holiday at Christmas and was burgled themselves
Old 23-03-2014, 10:45   #23
I am Banned

Maybe I should have started a nw thread entitled "A sandwich short of a buffet"

Saturday night in the Forts Arms in full swing, 60th birthday part in the back room and main bar lively celebrating one of the regulars 35th birhday.
9:30 and Linda West brings round from home a birthday buffet as she is wont to do. Great quiches, cheese pies and two massive trays of sarnies.
Me concentrating on what new real ales are on the bar engaged in conversation with landlord Darren... whoosh exit stage right from Darren and the hulabaloo goes up "two scrotes have nicked a tray of sandwiches"
I go out behind 4 or 5 lads who saw it happen and have given hot pursuit to see one of the miscreants pinned to the floor on Grange Street by 2 regulars and an off duty copper who just happened to be driving past. Lots of kicking and screaming from scrote #1 and attempts to bite the copper. Scrote #2 nowhere to be seen.
Now I don't know what is categorised as reasonable force but it looked OK to me with two 15 stone lads sitting on him until the paddy wagon arrived. He'll be flippin' sore this morning, I'm sure I heard his wrist crack during the melee as he tried to bite the PC.
Copper says they lock him up and kick him out of the cells early morning probably with out charge. Two Rishtoners evidently.
Dimship was heard to say "We only did it as a joke" Well the rats and early morning dogs out walking will have had a feast on Linda's butties because the scrotes had thrown them into the bushes alongside Mercer Park.
Ho Hum and fiddle de dee.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 10:54   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
[I]
Copper says they lock him up and kick him out of the cells early morning probably with out charge. Two Rishtoners evidently.
Par fer the course, Justice is a joke, No wonder many, including me have no respect fer the Law.
Old 23-03-2014, 12:11   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
There is usually a sign somewhere that says "all cars parked at owners risk"...
I seem to recall reading somewhere - possibly on uk.legal.noderated - that if a retailer provides parking for which an overstay charge is threatened, then they are obliged to take responsibility for what happens in that car park. I'll see if I can locate it...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..