Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2011, 18:39   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: One of the town's great business men - RAY LYNDON

think it was what used to be Gentleman John or Penny Wise.... was it not
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2011, 08:45   #17
Senior Member+

This one was actually before Gentleman John/Pennywise, it was across the road from there, if you are walking up Church Street from the Commercial Pub, its one of those shops on the next block past the entrance to the back of the pub. i think it could be the one which is a clothes shop now, cant recall exactly but definitely on that block!

Ray was seeing a Woman who lived on Royds Street at the time & i used to pop into this shop with her lad, who i think was called Keith Hesketh!...We used to be jealous of Keith because he got all the latest Toys via Ray, so it would have been in the late 60's actually!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 09:52   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
This one was actually before Gentleman John/Pennywise, it was across the road from there, if you are walking up Church Street from the Commercial Pub, its one of those shops on the next block past the entrance to the back of the pub. i think it could be the one which is a clothes shop now, cant recall exactly but definitely on that block!

Ray was seeing a Woman who lived on Royds Street at the time & i used to pop into this shop with her lad, who i think was called Keith Hesketh!...We used to be jealous of Keith because he got all the latest Toys via Ray, so it would have been in the late 60's actually!

Best Regards - Taggy
Think you find that he actually Married her Taggy she was called Pat, are you sure her son was called Kieth, I seem to think he was called Steve, because he took Rays name after they were wed, his Father was Nevil Hesketh, was a joiner, I work with Nev at Laings Shadsworth development, he actually came to my Stag Night back in 67
Old 20-09-2011, 14:15   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think you find that he actually Married her Taggy she was called Pat, are you sure her son was called Kieth, I seem to think he was called Steve, because he took Rays name after they were wed, his Father was Nevil Hesketh, was a joiner, I work with Nev at Laings Shadsworth development, he actually came to my Stag Night back in 67
As its a while back i could be mistaken on the lads name Jaysay, but i've always had the name Keith in the back of my mind when i thought of him. He was born with a hole in his heart, is that the same lad you think Jaysay? At the time they lived in the corner house right opposite Mary Capels shop on the bottom block of Royds Street! They did move out though after she had been with Ray for a while.

I've been in Town this morning & the Shop Ray had then was either what is Aleisha's, or the Clothes Shop or former carpet shop next to that, cant be more specific though, some of these fronts have altered a bit...as has my Mind!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 20-09-2011 at 14:19.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 18:25   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
As its a while back i could be mistaken on the lads name Jaysay, but i've always had the name Keith in the back of my mind when i thought of him. He was born with a hole in his heart, is that the same lad you think Jaysay? At the time they lived in the corner house right opposite Mary Capels shop on the bottom block of Royds Street! They did move out though after she had been with Ray for a while.

I've been in Town this morning & the Shop Ray had then was either what is Aleisha's, or the Clothes Shop or former carpet shop next to that, cant be more specific though, some of these fronts have altered a bit...as has my Mind!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Ya Taggy it was Steve, he had a sister too but I'm not sure of her name, there was also twins born when pat married Ray, Daz and Anthony, they'll both be in their 40s now. When I was working with Nev he still lived in that house on Royds Street I once called round for him one night, I haven't seen Nev for many years now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..