Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2006, 15:39   #136
God Member

Re: One Step Too Far

Dosnt bother me Bank Holidays its just another working day at flat rate for me.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2006, 21:01   #137
God Member

You have to have a religion in a country, or replace that religion with a set of guidelines, there are too many things in a country that follow religion schools, holidays, christmas ,easter, education in schools, they are all based on religion, mainly C of E but some are more open to christian religions of all faiths.

As for ireland, I'm sure you wouldn't mind some one knocking your door rindy and using your telephone to call an ambulance for ten minutes time then get a give you a choice of physically smashing your knee caps or gun. The ambulance usally turned up early and either went round the block or waited out side for knee capping to finish. Usually the gun is chosen it may do more damage but it's over quicker. But that wouldn't sway your descision would it ?
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 22:09   #138
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
As for ireland, I'm sure you wouldn't mind some one knocking your door rindy and using your telephone to call an ambulance for ten minutes time then get a give you a choice of physically smashing your knee caps or gun. The ambulance usally turned up early and either went round the block or waited out side for knee capping to finish. Usually the gun is chosen it may do more damage but it's over quicker. But that wouldn't sway your descision would it ?
I don't really understand your point.

I made the statement in this thread that acts of terrorism have been committed against the English by Irish people, all supposedly in the name of religious freedom, also by people I presume who thought of themselves as freedom fighters.

I don't know why any Irish person would want to use my phone...unless it was to check if it was a Bank Holiday, and they should be on double pay.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 22:56   #139
God Member

I am sure that there are places in the world that think the British are terrorists.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 24-08-2006, 23:15   #140
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
I am sure that there are places in the world that think the British are terrorists.

There is, Iraq, as most Muslims will tell you, and why we have problems.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 00:57   #141
Junior Member+

i rekon that this should be taken to parliment
sledden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 11:54   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
There is, Iraq, as most Muslims will tell you, and why we have problems.
"most"
???????????????

I think the Muslim Council of Britain would take issue with you there!
CusCus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 12:15   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CusCus
"most"
???????????????

I think the Muslim Council of Britain would take issue with you there!
I was under the impression they were in hiding at the moment to avoid tough questions.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 25-08-2006, 15:38   #144
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: One Step Too Far

One tough question that I would put to the Muslim Council of Britain is:
“Will you unequivocally condemn the terrorist actions of the Islamic fundamentalists and others who take part in terrorist activities?”

Time to hold my breath. Er! Better not!
Old 25-08-2006, 15:49   #145

This might put you straight then! Or did you just decide to be negative without having a look around first?

I havn't copied the entire press release, I'll let you!

http://www.mcb.org.uk/media/presstext.php?ann_id=150

07 Jul 2005

British Muslims Utterly Condemn Acts of Terror

The Muslim Council of Britain utterly condemns today's indiscriminate acts of terror in London. These evil deeds make victims of us all. It is our humanity that must bring us shoulder to shoulder to condemn, to oppose and to overcome those who would spread fear, hatred and death.

Old 25-08-2006, 16:01   #146
Apprentice Geriatric

Much obliged for the pointer CusCus but the condemnation is only for London and that leaves it short for what I would like to hear.

What about all the hundreds being killed by suicide bombers in Iraq?

Is that positive enough for you?
Old 25-08-2006, 16:26   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
Much obliged for the pointer CusCus but the condemnation is only for London and that leaves it short for what I would like to hear.

What about all the hundreds being killed by suicide bombers in Iraq?

Is that positive enough for you?
Yes! oh, honestly, some people are never satisfied

Well, this one took me two minutes to find. I bit longer (but hey, friday eve, sun shining....) A bit more effort and who knows what's there.....

LOSS OF INNOCENT CIVILIAN LIFE CONDEMNED
Thursday 01 May 2003
MCB Secretary General Iqbal Sacranie has condemned the suicide attack in Israel, stating: "We can not condone the loss of any civilian life whether it be Palestinian or Israeli. However, the Palestinian tragedy of occupation and oppression has been going on for so long with no positive result".

Last edited by CusCus; 25-08-2006 at 16:30.
Old 25-08-2006, 20:42   #148
Apprentice Geriatric

Yes honestly CusCus! But why should I make the effort when I know that you will do it for me.

However once again the spokesman for the MCB limits his condemnation to two countries thus leaving it open for an unspoken tacit approval for other theatres, like Iraq.

Can I remind you what the question was? Better not because you will want to ferret it out for yourself.

So toddle off and do some more ferreting to try and find an answer to my question.
Old 29-08-2006, 12:53   #149

CAn't be bothered mate. I'll leave you to your rampant bigotry

« Doh ! | Hedgehogs »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..