Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2006, 19:58   #46
God Member

Re: One Step Too Far

Hatter you been sniffing socks that have been worn for a week?

There will always be people of all creeds colour country age sex that will form bonds with religion wether old or new. We have the choice of wether to follow or not.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2006, 20:06   #47
Beacon of light

Yes Spuggie, whatever MH is on, I wonder if her could send me 2oz through the post , that's if it is legal!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 20:14   #48
God Member

Doubt its legal and posting it might be taking it to far. Two ounce would be expensive as well.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-08-2006, 20:17   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty

Islam may well be the fastest growing religion but that is because of the fact that it is the sworn duty of every Muslim to promote Islam. .

And because their families are very large!!!!!!!!!!!

come on people you know you thought it too

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 20:24   #50
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Doubt its legal and posting it might be taking it to far. Two ounce would be expensive as well.
I suppose it isn't chewing tobacco then!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 20:26   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I suppose it isn't chewing tobacco then!
Dont know anyone that does. Though in some religions drugs are common so maybe it can. Will ask around.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-08-2006, 20:29   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
And because their families are very large!!!!!!!!!!!

come on people you know you thought it too
Yes but so were ours a centuary ago. It might even out sooner or later as even they cannot hope to maintain large families even if religion decrees it. Look at the problems India and China have.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-08-2006, 22:25   #53
God Member

The drug I'm on is logic. ever heard of putting the fear of god into someone? they havent got a choice but to follow their religion. That religion was started for a reason, to keep a group of people together and behaving, fearing god.
If I get one more russian girl email asking for a good god fearing man grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The government starts giving in on these people and that fear will overide everything and they'll just do what thier religion tells them, or what they think its telling them. The only thing stopping them at the moment is that there's laws telling them they can't that they fear enough to take notice of.

And I don't smoke. it gives people cancer and kills them .
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 22:36   #54

Quote:
they havent got a choice but to follow their religion
I do have a choice and that choice is to follow Islam. the law isn't the main thing in my life stopping me from doing things, its Islam.

eg drinking alcohol is legal and pubs can be open 24hrs and thankfully Islam prohibits alcohol. I also dont believe in sex before marriage. drugs and fags are also off the list for me, all thanks to Islam.

i wonder if any of you have actually sat down and had a good conversation with a 'practising' muslim and see what they have to say.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 22:48   #55
God Member

yes, I'm on about other than your religion, my main point saying that your religion is in fact like a law, so that is controling you. The only thing other that and your own logic is the law here.
I do not believe you have a choice, you couldn't do anything other than follow islam, I don't think you'd have what it takes to not follow it and to turn your back on religion.
anyone and everyone can be a god, no one person is in charge of your destiny, not god not you not anyone, because everyone and anyone can affect your life and my life. I have yet to see any of these gods do anything powerfull.
You all just believe cos you do, cos your told to, god save our queen, in god we trust.
Like we all believe in santa claus, think about it, we all do believe in santa claus. you do because you want to even though you know...
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 00:37   #56
Junior Member+

To comment on the original topic of the thread:

1) I object to people who originate from the Indian sub continent being referred to as ,"Asians". It's as though they should be differentiated as a special group of people, when in fact they are they are in fact British citizens and we should refer to them as Muslims, Hindus or Sikhs, etc.

2) As one of my friends in Belfast would comment about the IRA, "They want the King's shilling but don't want the King's shilling". In other words they wanted the benefits of living in the UK, but were not fully prepared to integrate themselves and play their part in a democratic society. I can see a parallel here.

3) Living now in Blackburn, I have seen whole areas of the town turned into ethnic ghettos. This I think will lead to an eventual backlash by the currently silent indigenous population.

4) Finally I would like to repeat a reader's letter I read in the Daily Mail of Thursday last.

"Picture the scene; with my family and friends I emigrate to a Muslim country. Upon arrival we prefer not to integrate ourselves into the local community, learn the language, or be educated in the cultural ways of our new country.

Instead, after time, we demand our own church, that our children are educated in English by English speaking teachers and that Christmas and Easter replace the festivals celebrated in our new country.

Of course we’d also require a say in the country’s foreign policy where we perceive there to be persecution of non-Muslims anywhere in the world.”

All I can say is that having spent a part of my life in both India and West/East Pakistan I have little doubt that this would not be allowed. When what was formerly East Pakistan was seeking to go it alone and be called Bangladesh, there was great play of the high number of citizens, estimated to be 3,000,000 murdered by the Muslim army from West Pakistan. However what is not widely reported is that 80% of these were either Hindu, Christian or other non Muslim religions and this is why they were killed.
deantwerpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 00:58   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

would agree wholeheartedly with that statement deantwerpen, the only thing i,m not getting is the term asian i fail to see how it is derogatry? and dont forget some of these people are christian also so by using sikh hindu muslim you would be differentiating against those. plus how could you tell a muslim from a christian? asian is no differant to british or european,surely.
Old 20-08-2006, 06:42   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
Someone tell me again that slowly but surely Islam is not pushing its way into the UK with a view to taking over.

Many towns and cities have Muslim enclaves that now just happen to be a local authority electoral ward or two. As such, quite legitimately, they have a Muslim Councillor and thus a voice in chambers even though the Councillor was elected as a member of a political party.

How long before there is a Muslim political party?

How soon before the Muslim enclaves declare a form of UDI and openly introduce Sharia Law in them?
Its only a matter of time befor :engsmil: England :engsmil: will become a muslim
country hope im dead and gone by then cant see any way of stopping it now
Old 20-08-2006, 09:45   #59
Junior Member+

Hello Cashman

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean that the term,"Asian", is derogatory. What I meant was that by referring to peoples who originate from the Indian sub-continent as Asian, IMHO gives the impression of a group of peoples separate from the rest of us in the UK. Surely it is their religion which differentiates them from other citizens of the UK, who were also born here.

I think that a start to integration would be if they thought of themselves as primarily British and not a group who are different to the rest of us. Our whole indiginous population is a mix of many people from different countries. Indeed my own ancestors were from Norway, but I think of myself as British, not Norwegian or Norwegian British.

Watching televison recently an American reporter was commenting on the recent bomb attempts in the UK and drew the parallel between the integration of peoples originating from the Indian sub-continent in the US and here. He felt that those in the US, by the time it came to the second generation had integrated much better.

A final comment. The Moslem peoples should stand up and accept their responsibility for their terrorists. To hear their leaders whining that the UK's foreign policy is responsible is a total cop out. If every dis-affected group in the UK started to commit acts of violence it would result in total anarchy. I don't agree with our presence in Afghanistan or Iraq, but it doesn't make me want to blow up my fellow countrymen and women. I would rather change things by democratic means.

Thanks
deantwerpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 11:17   #60

Quite a varied reponse to an interesting topic,but how many others of us feel unable to say what we really think due to various laws in place?

Was it Harold Macmillian who stated a 'Wind of Change.........'lately it's been a bloody hurricane!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote

« Doh ! | Hedgehogs »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..