Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2006, 12:12   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry One Step Too Far

A recent report suggests that the Muslim community is making noises to have Islamic Holy days declared as Bank Holidays.

Pander to this suggestion at your peril.

This country is a Christian country and has been for centuries. I accept all comers and am quite prepared to share our land with them. What I am not prepared to do is let them take over.

It’s bad enough having what amounts to Muslim enclaves with mosques spring up as fast as churches get pulled down but having Muslim Holy days declared as Bank Holidays is one step far too far.
Old 18-08-2006, 12:19   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: One Step Too Far

Quite right.

If they want Muslim holidays to be Bank Holidays move to an Islamic country.

If Brits move to Spain they don't have Boxing Day as a holiday because it isn't part of their tradition. They put up with it or move back to Britain.

The Muslim spokesman that came up with this ludicrous suggestion also wanted parts of Britain to be under Sharia law. Over my dead body.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 12:20   #3
I am Banned

Yeh i agree JB, specially as they are taking over our British heritage & telling us that xmas should be banned, as piggy banks - sorry if they care that much to have all this then go & live in a muslim country THIS IS ENGLAND!

Besides why do they complain about xmas??? they make a mint during those hols as their shops are only ones open catering for all those xtra customers nipping in for last min foil, tape & gravy

B*ll*cks to the Sharia Law - bog off to where its already in place in your own religeous countries!!!

This is what being over the top on race equality - yeh they get treated as any english person & follows the laws & protocols of the country - not one rule for them & completely turn our English traditions/laws/etc on its head to just suit them!!!!

Last edited by accymel; 18-08-2006 at 12:25.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 12:31   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Quite right.

If they want Muslim holidays to be Bank Holidays move to an Islamic country.

If Brits move to Spain they don't have Boxing Day as a holiday because it isn't part of their tradition. They put up with it or move back to Britain.

The Muslim spokesman that came up with this ludicrous suggestion also wanted parts of Britain to be under Sharia law. Over my dead body.
If they get what they want, it may well be over your dead body, and a lot of other bodies also.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 12:38   #5
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: One Step Too Far

Someone tell me again that slowly but surely Islam is not pushing its way into the UK with a view to taking over.

Many towns and cities have Muslim enclaves that now just happen to be a local authority electoral ward or two. As such, quite legitimately, they have a Muslim Councillor and thus a voice in chambers even though the Councillor was elected as a member of a political party.

How long before there is a Muslim political party?

How soon before the Muslim enclaves declare a form of UDI and openly introduce Sharia Law in them?
Old 18-08-2006, 12:44   #6
God Member

Geesh, you get the chance of another few days off work and all you can do is winge

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 12:59   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
If they get what they want, it may well be over your dead body, and a lot of other bodies also.

I'll fight to the death first though...otherwise please place flowers at the base of the lampost I'll be swinging from.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 13:01   #8

Well.. I wont express my opinion on the whole Muslim Take-Over as I'll probably end up being shot.. but I will say I agree 100%.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 13:30   #9
Junior Member+

well i gess you no how the afgans the iraqies and all of the muslim land feels when bush and blair go to put damocracy there
makboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 13:30   #10
Beacon of light

When surveyed, a third of muslims in this country want to adopt Sharia law for family matters.......but I can't see how this could work in practice.....English Law is English Law. Are the muslims expecting us to have their Sharia law thrust upon us? or are they expecting Sharia Law to be observed only for muslims in this country?
I would suggest that if they want Sharia law then they move back to where it is practised. It sems like we are too soft in this country......we accept that other ethnic groups can follow their culture without let or hindrance.....and that is laudable, but forgive me if I object to our culture being adversely affected by the pervceived offence given to these people by me following my cultural preference.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 13:34   #11
Beacon of light

Makboom, the vast majority of people in this country did not give a mandate to Tony Blair.....and were certainly not in a position to give George Bush that mandate....to go into Iraq to take democracy or anything else there.
If you feel strongly about them doing that then I suggest you use your democratic rights next time there is an election and oust Tony Blair.
Old 18-08-2006, 13:38   #12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Makboom, the vast majority of people in this country did not give a mandate to Tony Blair.....and were certainly not in a position to give George Bush that mandate....to go into Iraq to take democracy or anything else there.
If you feel strongly about them doing that then I suggest you use your democratic rights next time there is an election and oust Tony Blair.
well i just said you no how they feel in the muslim land
makboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 13:56   #13

hmmm shariah law thrust upon us in this nation..... it reminds me of something.. a bit like the british thrust upon, well lets see... south africa-just loved that aparteid, india-cant beat the british imperilaism, or yeh iraq-well done u liberators, how 'dead' happy that country is now, you can see their smiling faces on the news..
jhonnyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 14:02   #14
Beacon of light

No Makboom, we can never EVER know how those people feel......we can only think we know....and I reiterate the point to both you and Jhonnyking....the British electorate demonstrated strongly against the invasion of Iraq.....Tony Blair did NOT have the support of the people who elected him....as for George Bush, well we can have no influence in the foreign policy of another country.

British Imperialism.....well, that's history and we can have no influence on that either!
Old 18-08-2006, 14:07   #15

"british imperialism- well thats history" a very british thing to say now, lets forget the past and learn from it- when its left those countries seriously undeveloped and in debt!
jhonnyking is offline   Reply With Quote

« Doh ! | Hedgehogs »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..