Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2017, 16:17   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Organ Donation

I think it's unethical to burn or leave to rot perfectly good organs that could save lives
Old 14-12-2017, 16:32   #32
Beacon of light

Because you think it is unethical does not make it true Neil.

Donating organs after death should be a positive informed choice...and not an opt out sort of decision.
That sort of ploy is used by companies that give you two weeks free trial of something, but take your credit card details knowing full well that they will capture the unwary by inertia.

It won't be long before blood is taken at birth to determine your HLA so that they can determine which organs will be suitable for harvesting...I distrust the state.

If you are OK with implied consent, then you have no problems.(or at least, none that you can recognise)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 17:12   #33
Beacon of light

Neil, I am sure that in the time I have been on this forum, it has been recognised that I am a cynical old baggage.
Being female as well, I am perverse, contrary. If someone tells me that I cannot do something I will do my utmost to prove them wrong...equally if someone tells me I HAVE to do something I will do my best not to do it...employing whatever means are necessary.

That is just the way I am. My sense of esteem does not rely on what anyone else thinks of me. I am past all that. If I please myself I know that at least one person(the most important one) is happy.
And frequently what I am saying is what others out there are thinking, it is just that you are not one of them!
KiTChener, hilleluk and ferret man like this.
Old 14-12-2017, 17:15   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Take no notice Neil is always right.
Old 14-12-2017, 23:04   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, I am sure that in the time I have been on this forum, it has been recognised that I am a cynical old baggage.
Being female as well, I am perverse, contrary. If someone tells me that I cannot do something I will do my utmost to prove them wrong...equally if someone tells me I HAVE to do something I will do my best not to do it...employing whatever means are necessary.

That is just the way I am. My sense of esteem does not rely on what anyone else thinks of me. I am past all that. If I please myself I know that at least one person(the most important one) is happy.
And frequently what I am saying is what others out there are thinking, it is just that you are not one of them!
Margaret, once again you've said it as it is, looks like we think the same things. I'm a cynical owd git, and as contarary as its possible to be, when I was in the Fire Brigade my attitude earned me a title by the officers, S.U.I.B. Scruffy Untidy, Insubordinate, Bastard.
And I don't give a dam what people think of me either.
Lurch.
S.U.I.B.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 07:01   #36
Beacon of light

Retlaw, like you, I am one of a kind.
Marmite is what I am, there are some who like me, there are others who do not.
I work by my own moral compass. I would never knowingly harm someone or something, I try to live by what were once considered to be Christian principles(is that a rude word now).
That said, I still have the power of critical thought. I do NOT always swallow what the establishment would have me believe as I realise that the establishment has its own agenda...and this may be far different to my own.
I respect the opinions of others, but they do not colour my own opinions.

It is a very emotive subject so there is bound to be a range of thought....sometimes you do the wrong thing for the right reason(l believe that organ donation is good, BUT only when done freely with obtained(rather than assumed) consent

There, I have said it all in the best way that I can.
I have no more to add to this discussion, so having started it, I am going to leave it there.
Old 15-12-2017, 07:18   #37
Full Member+

I will be making a positive choice not to opt out, that is my decision not that of the state.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 16:54   #38
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I will be making a positive choice not to opt out, that is my decision not that of the state.
Quite right, well done, it is a positive response, if even only one person is given a second chance because of what you or I can do after death, then our lives haven't been in vain.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 16:56   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I have no more to add to this discussion, so having started it, I am going to leave it there.
Heard that before somewhere!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..