Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2011, 09:14   #1

Osborne and the Oil exec.

A poem by a good friend of mine. Hope you enjoy as much as i did.

I’ve got a great plan… said the Rip-Them-Off Man. We’ll increase the duty on fuels!
Three pence on a litre for the VAT eater; from Britain’s great motoring fools!
But they won’t be happy! Said the Oil-Exec Chappy “Beca...use I’m putting seven pence on!
Relax my rich friend. I’ll get them to bend! I have already set-up the con.

Lets sit back and smile as with every mile they fill up our coffers with gold.
I love robbing good folk. It’s my favourite joke! And it just never seems to get old?
They’ll whine and they’ll curse, but they’ll do nothing worse. The British are easy to rob!
They won’t riot or strike; you can do what you like. They only protest with the gob.

So it’s ten pence we’ll add and though they’ll think it’s bad. They’ll give us the cash just the same.
As the gold fills our vault, I’ll say it’s not our fault. It’s those greedy mad Arabs to blame!
From now ‘till the budget, see how high we can nudge it. We can do it, ‘cause we’ve got the knack.
Then, on budget day, my great con I shall lay. When I give them just one penny back!

They’ll say he’s trying his best, he’s not as bad as the rest, don’t forget that our country’s in debt!
Then we’ll spin them a tale in The Sun and The Mail that this budget’s the greatest one yet!
So the Oil Exec Chappy and the Rip-Them-Off Man are happy to know that they’ve done what they can.
They have bolstered the rich at the cost of the poor and although they know that they could have done more, they both know it’s just part of the plan.

Though some folk will moan, and others will groan, one fact remains very plain.
Let the anger subside, just go along for the ride and next year they can do it again!

Professor Pierre O’Bollox.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2011, 11:34   #2
God Member

Re: Osborne and the Oil exec.

glad somone else spotted the con with fuel prices too.There is absolutely no excuse for letting the price raise over 40p litre since coming into power apart from greed.

increasing aid to countries that dont need our money like russia,china and india by %30 rising to %50 over 3 years and bloiwing millions each day bombing libya and ripping us off to fund his little war to make his mark in history.How about stopping all overseas aid and getting our country back on its feet before sorting other peoples mess out ?

china has the strongest and richest economey in the world but they refuse to help out their poor and it is somehow our responsability to ensure their poorer areas get education programs and shelter ?

india is funding a space program for gods sake and again sorting out thier poor is some how our job?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-03-2011 at 11:37.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 12:35   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
How about stopping all overseas aid and getting our country back on its feet before sorting other peoples mess out ?
I quite agree, but it is ever the case no matter who's been in the seat of power. The bitterness against overseas aid is a constant gripe to many but the politicians ignore the annoyance to improve their parties & their individual standing in the eyes of others in the World it seems & showing very little regard to what's happening in their own backyards to the detriment of their own populace.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 12:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I quite agree, but it is ever the case no matter who's been in the seat of power. The bitterness against overseas aid is a constant gripe to many but the politicians ignore the annoyance to improve their parties & their individual standing in the eyes of others in the World it seems & showing very little regard to what's happening in their own backyards to the detriment of their own populace.

yup

cuts to the nhs,cuts to defence,cuts to jobs,cuts for almost everything regarding UK citizens but increase money to forigners in other countries that dont need it.With the way fuel prices and tobbacco prices have risen lately im beggining to think if no one drove or smoked the world would fall to its knees

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..