Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2014, 13:18   #46
Full Member+

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

And, if I heard right, the community service suggested was for 16 hours per month! Sounds neither here nor there to me, what sort of punishment is that? If it was a black member of the public who shot his girlfriend like that I'm sure the outcome would have been very different in South Africa.
Old 14-10-2014, 14:15   #47
Beacon of light

Call me cynical, but what's the betting that his 'ruined life' will not be the subject of a book he writes about his experiences?

His life is nowhere near as ruined as that of Reeva Steenkamp and the nightmare that her parents have had to live through.
This man has a total disrespect for guns........he is the author of his own fate....there have been many reported incidents involving him and he has learned nothing from any of them.
Whatever happens to him he will have got off lightly - well, that is unless they decide to hang him...I can't see that happening.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 14:33   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

My moneys on no nick.
Old 14-10-2014, 14:46   #49
Beacon of light

And mine too.
But I really think this man is going to come to a sticky end.
Old 14-10-2014, 15:29   #50
Senior Member+

I couldn't care less
Old 14-10-2014, 15:32   #51
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
And, if I heard right, the community service suggested was for 16 hours per month! Sounds neither here nor there to me, what sort of punishment is that? If it was a black member of the public who shot his girlfriend like that I'm sure the outcome would have been very different in South Africa.
Extract from:
Oscar Pistorius murder trial Judge Thokozile Masipa has tough job

Critics of Judge Masipa’s decision held up the example of popular black hip hop artist Molemo ‘Jub Jub’ Maarohanye who was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment after ploughing into a group of children while drag racing in Soweto. His defence lawyers had argued diminished responsibly as the singer had taken drugs and did not mean to kill.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 16:05   #52
God Member

I'm surprised that nobody seems to be considering that Pistorius may indeed be "not guilty" of the charge ... whatever else he may be guilty of is irrelevant. There is obviously "reasonable doubt." One of the problems which crops up when the prosecution elects to try someone for a crime which carries the death penalty ... good ol' USA ... or life imprisonment, is that juries are ruled by "reasonable doubt" and will not convict on the basis of circumstantial evidence, however convincing that might be. All we hear of the trial is filtered thru media which have often proved untrustworthy and inaccurate. Trials such as this are glamorized and sensationalized in order to increase circulation and sell advertising. What happened that night; what the "true" facts are, nobody will ever know ... and therein lies the reasonable doubt.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 16:23   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What happened that night; what the "true" facts are, nobody will ever know ... and therein lies the reasonable doubt.
Pistorious knows Eric.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 16:26   #54
Beacon of light

While some of what you say is true......the trial has been televised......so it has been possible to hear the evidence as it was given.
This is different from some trials where the media report what has gone on.

A girl is dead, her family have been robbed of the joy of seeing her marry, have children.....etc.
The only person who really knows what happened that night is OP.....he has to live with this for the rest of his life. This event will follow him for the rest of his life.....he will be known for it, remembered for it....possibly long after his celebrity as a sportsman is forgotten.

I don't get why a man would go into a bathroom and fire a series of shots without first making sure the girl in his life was safe.....telling her to hide if he thought that there were intruders on the premises.

I cannot see how you could fire so many shots and not think that it would kill whoever was behind the door.... So there was intent to kill whoever was behind the door.

I do not envy the judge her job, but I think if the person in the dock had not been a sporting star then the outcome and the sentence would be different......and that isn't justice.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-10-2014 at 16:30.
Old 14-10-2014, 16:32   #55
Beacon of light

I also distrust his truthfulness.
It appeared at one point as if he was trying to get off on psychiatric grounds.......that to me smacks of guilt rather than an accidental shooting.
Old 14-10-2014, 16:58   #56
Senior Member+

Let's link hands and sing......after me, 'kumbaya my Lord'.....

.....The defence claims Oscar Pistorius would be 'vulnerable' in prison,hygiene issues about cleaning his stumps and also if prisoners took his legs he wouldn't be able to make a stand and would probably be raped....should of thought about that before becoming trigger happy and killing his Mrs

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 17:10   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Any reasonable person thats listened to the trial would say thats complete bullsh1t Eric, Handy not having a jury yon. especially if yer a multi millionaire white fellow.
Old 14-10-2014, 17:22   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Extract from:
Oscar Pistorius murder trial Judge Thokozile Masipa has tough job

Critics of Judge Masipa’s decision held up the example of popular black hip hop artist Molemo ‘Jub Jub’ Maarohanye who was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment after ploughing into a group of children while drag racing in Soweto. His defence lawyers had argued diminished responsibly as the singer had taken drugs and did not mean to kill.
Thought as much!
Old 14-10-2014, 17:29   #59
Full Member+

Apparently, according to a reporter commenting on the trial this morning, he's got a new girlfriend too. She must want her head seeing to. A previous girlfriend has said he was a violent bully with her, women should be barred from going near him in my opinion.
Old 14-10-2014, 17:39   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Any reasonable person thats listened to the trial would say thats complete bullsh1t Eric, Handy not having a jury yon. especially if yer a multi millionaire white fellow.
Well if any of us had shot someone in cold blood I bet we would be in jail long before now,the only reason it's lasted this long is so it looks legitimate when he walks/hops.
It does seem money in Africa can get you a long way,even more so than the likes of the uk.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..