Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2014, 20:07   #61
I am Banned

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Apparently, according to a reporter commenting on the trial this morning, he's got a new girlfriend too. She must want her head seeing to. A previous girlfriend has said he was a violent bully with her, women should be barred from going near him in my opinion.
Also pictures of him out nightclubbing... Hardly the broken man his shrink is portraying him as.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2014, 20:49   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Any reasonable person thats listened to the trial would say thats complete bullsh1t Eric
If there had have been a jury, and if I were on it, having listened to the evidence available, I would have voted "not guilty." You can't condemn a guy on circumstantial evidence and media speculations. There has to be hard evidence ... any "reasonable" person would require more proof than the prosecution offered ... and what they offered was speculative bs, nothing more.. That you might have preferred a guilty verdict is irrelevant. Even in South Africa, there is the presumption of innocence. The prosecution has to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that someone is guilty. They didn't do that.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 23:40   #63
Senior Member+

I am losing any interest I had in this case. The decision was reached that he was guilty of manslaughter and he's not guilty of murder or put another way he's alive and she is dead.

His 'negligence' with a firearm, mental issues lead to the death of that poor girl and I would have thought the very least that should happen with him is that he gets some time in jail, as I feel that would be justice for her parents regardless of any circumstances.

I had my doubts if he'd ever get jail though, maybe there are enough mitigating circumstances to keep him out of prison,there's not much putting him on any ankle bracelet/tag schemes either so "community service" it is.
Alan Varrechia likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 23:13   #64
God Member

we cant really have a go at another countries legal system when our own country is been ran by a gang of organised criminals that the majority of should be in prison but it does go to show that our country isnt the only country where the amount of money you have dictates what quality of law you get

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 06:10   #65
Beacon of light

Money doesn't just talk......it sings the whole of the Hallelujah Chorus!
It was always thus.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 09:30   #66
Full Member+

Oscar Pistorius has just got five years but may only serve 10 months, he may serve the rest under house arrest. I wouldn't call that justice for Reeva's family.
Old 21-10-2014, 10:09   #67

Justice failed them when he managed to get away with murder. I still can't see how the judge managed to decide it was culpable homicide (their version of manslaughter).

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 10:25   #68
Full Member+

Reeva's cousin has just been speaking to Philip Schofield on This Morning and said Pistorius showed no remorse and was out partying frequently after killing her. What a cold, arrogant creature. He should have got the full 15 years for her murder. I hope he has to watch his backside in prison with no special treatment, the creep.
Old 27-10-2014, 04:35   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Reeva's cousin has just been speaking to Philip Schofield on This Morning and said Pistorius showed no remorse and was out partying frequently after killing her. What a cold, arrogant creature. He should have got the full 15 years for her murder. I hope he has to watch his backside in prison with no special treatment, the creep.
once they kick his false legs off he will be the right hight to provide much pleasure to his inmates
westendlass likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-10-2014, 08:50   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
once they kick his false legs off he will be the right hight to provide much pleasure to his inmates
You could say he got community service

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 18:24   #71
Senior Member+

He had an argument with her and blew her away... why else would you shoot blindly into a toilet when your girlfriend was in the house with you - everybody first would shout out if it was your girlfriend in there, to find out if she was safe - before shooting! Fact is they had an argument and he decided to shoot into the bathroom regardless - that is what I see as happened...

Last edited by kestrelx; 30-10-2014 at 18:27.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 01:00   #72
God Member

when i was younger if i was in for a battering from my mother i would leg it upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom

if my little brother was in for a thump from me he would lock himself in the bathroom

when my youngest brother was in for a battering from my mother or the middle brother he would lock himself in the bathroom

this is because the only room in most houses with a lock is the bathroom and i am pretty sure this is why she was in the bathroom she was trying to get to a safe place away from oscar

did they ever mention the lock on the bathroom door ?

Old 31-10-2014, 09:10   #73
I am Banned

She had packed her bags and had her mobile in the bathroom too.

Oscar Pistorius trial: 'Reeva Steenkamp had packed bags to leave before she was shot' - Crime - News - London Evening Standard
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 11:29   #74
God Member

well if he ever competes again i hope the guy with the starter pistol shoots him

Old 31-10-2014, 12:42   #75
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
this is because the only room in most houses with a lock is the bathroom and i am pretty sure this is why she was in the bathroom she was trying to get to a safe place away from oscar

did they ever mention the lock on the bathroom door ?
That is a neat theory...except, I am sure she would have know of his past record with guns........surely she didn't think the bathroom door was bullet proof.
And despite what has been said, I am of the firm opinion that if someone cares about you, they make sure you are safe before they go and seek out any intruder.
I think it was a deliberate act and everything since then has been contrived to limit the damage to OP's image.
If he had been an ordinary Joe, or a coloured man he would have been going to jail for a very long time.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..