Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2014, 16:41   #76

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I usually have my bag packed and ready the day before I go away too. The whole point about gong to bed early was because she had an engagement in Johannesburg the following day.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2014, 16:24   #77
Senior Member+

There was another similar case when a guy had a bad argument with his girlfriend he ended up strangling her and later hung himself - same as this case except he didn't hang himself. Point is a lot of people do it.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 16:50   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
There was another similar case when a guy had a bad argument with his girlfriend he ended up strangling her and later hung himself - same as this case except he didn't hang himself. Point is a lot of people do it.
Strangling someone and "shoot[ing] blindly into a toilet" are way different ... at least as far as law is concerned. The law is the law; it's written, in some ancient cases, in stone. It's not the kind of thing you can make up as you go along, depending on whether or not you like the accused, or, for that matter, despise the victim. The prosecution made a case based on pure circumstance. There was no clear motive (domestic disputes don't count ... if they did, everyone on the planet would have a motive for murder) ... no witnesses, other than defendant and the victim. No evidence that the murder was planned. The prosecution offered little more than they argued; Pistorius had issues and/or a passion for guns; he was potentially violent; etc. The "he must have known it was her in the bog" argument is more circumstance, implying a knowledge of the contents of his mind at the time. A verdict of "manslaughter" might not be to everyone's taste, but it is reasonable given the evidence. Lotsa folks would love assholes to be convicted of all kinds of shiite .... but the real world ain't hollywood; sometimes the bad guys win. Maybe our willing suspension of disbelief should be applied outside of theatre.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 17:54   #79
Beacon of light

He has to live with what he did every single day of his life...and if it was an accident, then his mind will torment him far more than prison ever could........and if it was murder......then his mind will torment him more than prison ever could. There will be no end to the sentence either.
Lucysgirl likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:26   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He has to live with what he did every single day of his life...and if it was an accident, then his mind will torment him far more than prison ever could........and if it was murder......then his mind will torment him more than prison ever could. There will be no end to the sentence either.
Of course, on the other hand, he could be feeling pretty positive about life, the universe, and everything. After all, he's 95 per cent sure of getting away with a mickey mouse sentence. I don't think there's much mental anguish going on. But all this is just idle speculation about his mental state ... Come to think of it, that's about 95 per cent of the prosecution's case.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:04   #81
Beacon of light

95%does seem to be a popular figure these days.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:25   #82
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
95%does seem to be a popular figure these days.
Popular, however after extensive research I find that figure to be only 95% accurate.
Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:26   #83
Beacon of light

That figures
Eric likes this.
Old 19-08-2015, 20:05   #84
Senior Member+

Good riddance,murdering weasel:-

Oscar Pistorius to stay in prison for foreseeable future after Justice Minister rejects early release - People - News - The Independent
cashman likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 05:32   #85
Full Member+

I'll bet he's still an arrogant git, in court he showed only concern for himself. Full of self pity. And there will be another blonde hanging off his arm as soon as he's out, some people have no sense of self preservation! he comes across as spoilt, petulant child with his bottom lip out, he should be left to rot in his cell. Riva never got the chance to fulfill her potential because of his vile temper.
Old 24-08-2015, 00:08   #86

I admit I was shocked to hear he would be out of prison after only a few months but as explained by a S.African lawyer it's a customary procedure for those found guilty of what we would call "manslaughter" and doesn't mean they're free to roam the streets. They are confined to their homes.

I'm sat on the fence on what sort of person the man is or isn't. I don't live in South Africa but from historic TV items I think it's quite a frightening place to live if you're white.

I've looked at the statistics and whilst the United Kingdom has one murder per 100,00o of the population, S.A. has 31 per 100,000 which is one of the highest in the world.:-

" Genocide Watch stated that the consequence is that white farmers and their families have been subjected to “murder, rape, mutilation and torture.” Although the current murder rate of South Africans is 31 per 100,000, one of the highest in the world, they said that the murder rate for white farmers is four times higher than that of the rest of the population.

Much of the friction they believe is a result of the ANC, the current ruling party of South Africa, referring to the white population as “settlers.” Whites have lived in South Africa for over 350 years, and were farming South Africa before “Newton discovered gravity.”

Currently, South Africa is the rape capital of the world with approximately 132 rapes per 100,000. Police were ordered to stop reporting crimes by race. According to Genocide Watch, a culture of corruption, rape and murder are normal."
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 07:34   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Which is nothing at all to do wi letting that arrogant murdering get outa prison,
Old 24-08-2015, 07:51   #88
Full Member+

He lives in a secure, gated multi million pound compound. I wouldn't have thought he would have been cacking himself all the time by the thought of someone breaking in! He was shown in court to have a fascination with guns and an explosive temper, not a good combination in my opinion. Poor Riva found out how explosive to her personal cost.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..