Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 10:22   #1
Full Member+

Oscar Pistorius Trial.

I've been watching the Oscar Pistorius murder trial on tv on and off and now the prosecution have him its not looking too good. It's been coming out in court that his relationship with his girlfriend was turbulent. He can't remember very much today under questioning and seems to keep tripping himself up. Seems to me to be a spoiled little boy used to getting his own way with a large ego and temper to match.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:42   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Pretty accurate summary in my view.
kestrelx likes this.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:45   #3
JCB

I like courtroom dramas such as Kavanagh Q.C. , Judge John Deed and Silk .

But the Pistorius trial has left me feeling very grateful that we don't have televised trials in the UK .

I just switch the news off when parts of the trial come on , just as I do when Mr Cameron comes on spouting away .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:50   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Seems to me to be a spoiled little boy used to getting his own way with a large ego and temper to match.
Anyone who remembers or revisits his conduct way back when his blades were in question at the 2012 Paralympics arrives very quickly at that conclusion too westendlass.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:13   #5
Full Member+

He's been very emotional throughout the trial,sobbing, vomiting and howling, but I think it's all out of pity for the predicament he finds himself in. He comes across as a bully in court when details of his relationship with Reeva have come out. They were only together for a few months. I don't think her mother,who has sat stony faced in the courtroom, believes a word of his testimony.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:58   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I don't think her mother,who has sat stony faced in the courtroom, believes a word of his testimony.
Completely irrelevant ... it depends what the jury thinks. Nor does it matter that he seems to be an asshole ... that isn't a crime. If it were the streets would be empty and the jails would be full. And with a charge of this nature it all boils down to "reasonable doubt." Me, I just try to ignore the whole deal. I don't watch "reality" shows. Well, maybe "Finding Bigfoot."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:35   #7
Full Member+

There is no jury at all at this trial, the decision is made by the female judge and two assistants ( one male, one female )
I would have loved to be in a fly on the wall.
I'm also following Nigel Evans case .
I have made my mind up on the later , but will the jury think the same???????
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 13:05   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
There is no jury at all at this trial, the decision is made by the female judge and two assistants ( one male, one female )
Didn't realize that ... shows how closely I'm following the circus parade. Whenever I feel tempted to "convict" someone based on what appears in the media, I think of two words: "David Milgaard" ... and the temptation goes quietly away.
Old 10-04-2014, 14:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I'm also following Nigel Evans case .
I have made my mind up on the later , but will the jury think the same???????
Have you heard all the evidence? The jury have, and he has been found not guilty.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 14:37   #10
Beacon of light

It is not a great idea to televise trials. It is so easy to get into the dangerous situation of trial by media.
I have not really paid much attention to the Oscar Pistorius trial. It holds very little interest for me.
As for Nigel Evans, his doings are his own business.....but it is right that he has been investigated. A jury has deliberated and they have made their decision after the due process of the law.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 14:55   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
the due process of the law.
... which is there to protect us all, and give us a fair shake. And wherever one is in the "civilized" world it's all quite similar ... and it's, basically anyway, English, all the way back to Henry Beauclerc; so, it's gotta be damn good ... not perfect, but what is in this sublunary world. Sure the guilty go free sometimes, and the innocent get punished; but that doesn't mean that the system, in general, is flawed ... people are.
Old 10-04-2014, 14:58   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
... Sure the guilty go free sometimes, and the innocent get punished; but that doesn't mean that the system, in general, is flawed ... people are.
You speak fer yerself.
Eric likes this.
Old 10-04-2014, 15:39   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
You speak fer yerself.
Nah ... me, I'm perfect ... like all bottom-enders
Old 10-04-2014, 17:57   #14
God Member

im a bit behind on celebrity trials

hows O.J getting along ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 18:14   #15

If only Columbo had conducted the investigation Mr P. would have entered a guilty plea for sure.

PS. O J Simpson got away with murder but was convicted of serious offences connected "retrieving" memorabilia he believed was stolen from him. Hopefully he's still in jail.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..