Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07   #31
God Member

Re: Ossy Moor wind farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Every home should be made to have one of these to generate their own electricity and burn some calories at the same time !!!

does that come with a free slave or is it an optional extra

take the saddle off to ensure no slacking on the job

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2014, 09:20   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What do you think is the best method of making the stuff then?
Maybe if we didn't waste so much there wouldn't be such a problem.
But then again if we use less the electric company's profits will be down,so there would be a increase in prices (use less,pay more).
The best bet might be for us to get off grid altogether (but that's very long winded)

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:20   #33
Senior Member+

Ossy Moor wind farm

That looks ok, prefer a doggy treadmill though.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:40   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Wind farms are just another of the "Benefits" inflicted on the Country by that beloved entity the EU! The only ones benefiting from the whole thing are the producers of the equipment & the land owners who put up the land for farms. These people rake in the subsidies while Joe Public has to stump up the money in the form of taxes & costs, it's really only ever been about generating money for those involved & not a replacement "Green renewable" power for a Nation.

The first line of the following article tells you all you need to know as to how these companies view their product.

Wind farm plans in tatters after subsidy rethink - Telegraph
Old 02-03-2014, 10:48   #35
Beacon of light

I know here are some who think they are beautiful and majestic, but I hate them!
They are inefficient and stop us looking at other ways of producing energy....they make money only for those who make them, and those whose land they stand on...for the consumer they haven't reduced the price of energy......and really that is what the customer wants.
We have used less gas and electricty overall and yet my bill has gone up. How does that work for me...the answer is it doesn't...pay more get less. it is a joke...except I'm not laughing!
maxthecollie likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:02   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
But then again if we use less the electric company's profits will be down,so there would be a increase in prices (use less,pay more).
The best bet might be for us to get off grid altogether (but that's very long winded)
electric companies handed out energy saving bulbs etc and when they realised people wernt using as much power they doubled the price of the supply

we now use less power but companies get the same if not more proffit
Accyexplorer likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 02-03-2014, 11:03   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
One of the biggest wasters of electricity are the producers, they supply houses at any thing between 210v & 250v, this also has sumat to do with the EU standardisation, which is a load of barnyard confetti, most of the foriegn electrical goods we buy, are designed to run on the lower EU voltages, our levels in the 230 - 240 range actually cause them to run hotter than they should, giving them a shorter working life, there are voltage regulators that can be installed in houses, but the lecky comps don't want you to know, because your bills would be lower.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Last edited by Retlaw; 02-03-2014 at 11:10.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:30   #38
Senior Member+

£80,000 a year
I will make £80K a year from wind turbine, says landowner - Telegraph

Land owners have contracts with these wind companies and they lease them the land for a average of 20yrs,and they as land owners receive rent from the wind farm owners ( separate from their dividend).
They rake it in and couldn't give a flying if the wind turbines produce nothing as they get a fixed income for them 20yrs.
These payments come directly from Gov subsidies so the land owners are guaranteed their payments for the contracted term. They don't even care if the energy companies go bankcrpt as we (the taxpayer) are paying them.

password--Accyweb
Old 02-03-2014, 11:52   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Every home should be made to have one of these to generate their own electricity and burn some calories at the same time !!!

In the words of a old yellow pages advert "it'll be like sitting on a razor blade"

password--Accyweb
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54   #40
God Member

they dont like to brag about it but the only thing wind turbines are good for is making farmers and power companies money

we see sod all benefit from them apart from a few grand for comunity projects

ironic that they splash a minute amount of cash for improving local community projects yet desomate the countryside with these awfull things

dont work , never will work and we will definatley never see a reduction in our bills no matter how many of the things are put up

its also laughable that our windmills have to be shut down because of too much wind yet they manage to make windfarms that can withstand much more harsh conditions in america

then again america has lots of space for them and dosnt have a group of 20 or so they have groups of thousands of them at a time

Last edited by accyman; 02-03-2014 at 11:57.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36   #41
Beacon of light

If the government were really serious about green energy then they would be paying people to fit Solar panels - the ones that work off light....any light to householders....any excess generated would be fed back into the national grid.
Old 02-03-2014, 13:08   #42
Senior Member+

But don't they look ugly on rooftops?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 14:01   #43
Beacon of light

what Frank - the solar panels?

At least they don't deface our countryside...and I think they are a damn sight more efficient than the wind turbines...but they have to be the right sort of solar panels.
Old 02-03-2014, 14:48   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If the government were really serious about green energy then they would be paying people to fit Solar panels - the ones that work off light....any light to householders....any excess generated would be fed back into the national grid.
You know as well I as do it's all about money at the end of the day.
How long before being self sufficient is made illegal?
I believe in the states water from the sky is deemed state property,anyone know if it's the same here?
If it is have those effected by floods got a claim against the state?

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 02-03-2014 at 14:51.
Old 02-03-2014, 14:55   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
I believe in the states water from the sky is deemed state property,anyone know if it's the same here?
If it is have those effected by floods got a claim against the state?
On the contrary, they should be charged for having all that state property they haven't paid for.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..