Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 17:53   #1
Senior Member+

Post parasites

Is it just me or do any other dissabled people keep geting pestered when walking on broadway, by these (have you had an accident in the last three years) people. I am sick to death of it, what will we have next ? funeral homes chaseing ambulance's. it is getting more like america every day. can the council do nothing about these PARASITES.some people may say that they are only doing there job but believe me you do get sick of allways being singled out because of a disability.
Old 10-09-2003, 19:38   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: parasites

Had a funny experience with one of these people a couple of years ago. Walking through town with a plaster cast on my arm, I was asked if I had had an accident, I replied, 'no, I always walk round looking like this,'
He asked what had happened as I might be able to claim compensation. I told him I'd fallen off my shoes, so could I sue myself for being clumsy, or Winfields for selling me the shoes, or the council as I was on one of their pavements at the time? and walked away ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 19:49   #3
Accrington Web Mascot

It's even dafter that if a friend has an accident at your house - they can sue you! (They wouldn't be friends for much longer if they did).  And what if you get burgled and they hurt themselves - you could be liable for that too!  The world has gone crazy. :
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 20:25   #4
Accy Goddess

So fed up of these people.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 21:08   #5
Senior Member+

And when you really have had an accident there is nobody there as usual
Old 10-09-2003, 21:49   #6
Resting in Peace

IF in winter you sweep the snow away on the front and someone slips YOU can be sued but if you leave all the snow there and someone slips they can sue the council
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 22:26   #7
Resting in Peace

So this in the paper HEAD LINE The law is a ass

This guy was up in court for assult and was fined £50 and costs
Another guy was up in a different court in the same building for dropping
litter fined £100 and costs
the by line
its cheaper to ram you bus ticket down someones throat.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:24   #8
Senior Member+

nice one mick. ;D
Old 11-09-2003, 07:35   #9

they even have been knocking on doors asking if people have had an accident in my area, should not be allowed! >
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:16   #10
Resting in Peace

[quote author=tracey link=board=general;num=1063216423;start=0#8 date=09/11/03 at 08:35:23]they even have been knocking on doors asking if people have had an accident in my area, should not be allowed! >[/quote]
we get this at least once a week
its very anoying
Old 11-09-2003, 11:12   #11

[quote author=mick link=board=general;num=1063216423;start=0#5 date=09/10/03 at 22:49:54]IF in winter you sweep the snow away on the front and someone slips YOU can be sued but if you leave all the snow there and someone slips they can sue the council
[/quote]
Thats just a myth Mick
Droo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:20   #12
Caz
God Member

Quote:
myth Mick
get yer tongue in a knot saying that Droo?

;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:25   #13

Can I just say that I have my own company doing personal injury management/ legal services, a small ,local, family company (just me & my daughter), and that I agree that people stopping you in the street and knocking on your door is totally out of order. However, this is not how my company works, we just advertise and let people contact us if they feel that they want persue any compensation, we are NOT ambulance chasers. I think the Accident Group and the people who pester you in town and at your door gave the industry a bad name, but, there are some good companies out there that dont need to be tarred by the same brush  ie Parasites. Everyone needs to make a living, but theres a right way and a wrong way.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:26   #14

[quote author=cazzer link=board=general;num=1063216423;start=0#11 date=09/11/03 at 12:20:09]

get yer tongue in a knot saying that Droo?

;D[/quote]
Nice one Cazzer!! hee hee!  ;D
Old 13-09-2003, 21:30   #15
Senior Member+

droo, I have'nt anything against what you do for a living it is keep being approached when out and about, i object to. It's like the mormons or jehova witness's knocking on your door if your interested you would approach them, but there again religion is a different subject.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..