Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 21:26   #31
God Member

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
For the record, not all Muslims are extremists,you get extremists in all religions.

I've just been ripped off in the local newsagents (£15 for a paper and 10fags)......no wonder folk call him the profit Mohammad.
Yes ... but muslim extremists come in millions ... extremists in other religions shoot the occasional gynecologist, threaten to burn the Koran, and rip off gullible citizens. Don't hear of too many Jews flying planes into buildings, or Quakers blowing up London Buses and subway trains ... and Buddhists are not renowned for strapping explosives to themselves and blowing up stuff ... in fact, they just burn themselves peacefully in the middle of town.

And you were ripped off ... I got a deck of smokes (25) and a paper for $8.50.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2015, 21:26   #32

You poor man, Accyexplorer, I really feel for you being ripped off like that. By the way, did you know that four of the people taken hostage in Paris were killed before the gunman was shot down. They'll never be able to pay £15 for a paper and 10 fags.

Get real!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 21:43   #33

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
For the record, not all Muslims are extremists,you get extremists in all religions.

I've just been ripped off in the local newsagents (£15 for a paper and 10fags)......no wonder folk call him the profit Mohammad.
Strangely enough in a thread about satirical cartoonists being assassinated by fanatics..

It's wonderfully satirical to make a statement defending a religion only to follow with a 40+ year old Beano joke ridiculing its followers?

Although I kinda doubt that this was the intention
Old 09-01-2015, 22:31   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yeh really are a sandwich short of a picnic!!
Old 10-01-2015, 00:02   #35
God Member

well the first two that got shot today had earlier said they wanted to go free ,This was after killing already so i guess the only freedom was in death and now they have it in abundance

it is sad that hostages lost their lives in teh rescue but i think the french got it right in handling the scumbags

the muslim woman involved is on the run and i hope the french are into equality between the sexes when they catch her

good job the burkah is banned in france at least she cant hide behind one which should make puttinga bullet in her head easier
cashman likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 00:44   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
For the record, not all Muslims are extremists
Of course we all know this! I imagine most Muslims are just like anybody else they just want to get on with their lives
Old 10-01-2015, 08:28   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I think many people in this country and others forget what we are doing abroad. They forget about the drone strikes and planes bombing, they forget the innocent people who are classes as collateral damage or acceptable losses in these strikes. They forget we are at war. The forget that the only way those we are at war with can retaliate is by random attacks. We call them terror attacks, they class it as collateral damage and acceptable losses.
We sit in our nice warm homes wanting all this extremist oppression to end in other countries, do we seriously expect no backlash on us in our own countries?
We are at war and in war horrible things happen.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:11   #38
Beacon of light

Neil, which war is this?
Are our uniformed soldiers deployed?
We, the people, the ordinary people of this country did not sanction a war.......I don't recall any newspaper headlines which told us we were at war.

How do we know the enemy, when the enemy does not abide by the rules of engagement, by the Geneva convention??

If this is war then are we to fear every muslim that we see on our streets?
How are we to recognise the enemy?

I understand your post, and the points you make....but I do not agree that ruling by terror is just, that beheading hostages(or would they be prisoners of war)on camera is lawful according to the rules of war.

Divide and rule......and the rule by fear is always an uneasy one.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:32   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think many people in this country and others forget what we are doing abroad. They forget about the drone strikes and planes bombing, they forget the innocent people who are classes as collateral damage or acceptable losses in these strikes. They forget we are at war. The forget that the only way those we are at war with can retaliate is by random attacks. We call them terror attacks, they class it as collateral damage and acceptable losses.
We sit in our nice warm homes wanting all this extremist oppression to end in other countries, do we seriously expect no backlash on us in our own countries?
You seem to be somewhat confused as to what constitutes collateral damage.
Collateral damage is when someone/something other than the actual target is taken out and applies to both people and structures.
Guinness and cashman like this.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:43   #40

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Terrorism is not war..and it is never justified.... wiping out athletes in Munich, crashing planes into buildings full of people or murdering some cartoonists in a Paris suburb is not acceptable and it is not collateral damage by any stretch of the imagination...... unless your imagination is unbalanced!

This was 'French radicals' killing 'French cartoonists'....is there another french revolution occuring that only you know about..or is it just a bunch of barbaric religious nutjobs taking exception to some ink on paper.

Does your nice warm home have a padded cell by any chance?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:55   #41
Beacon of light

and if this is a war of Muslims against the western oppressor....why do these people come to countries they so clearly despise for the freedoms that they(the western countries) offer?
If these freedoms offend them so much why do they not go back to the countries which have the seventh century rules and laws, that they would like impose on everyone?
Why do they take money for their cost of living from the people they despise so much?

And if it is a war against non Muslims, then why did ISIS hound the Yazidi tribe and give them 12 hours to convert to their brand of Islam or be massacred.

This terrorism is men who wish to be powerful, hijacking Islam/religion to perpetrate barbaric attacks against people who do not follow their twisted ideology.
The attack on a Jewish supermarket is targeted on the Jews because of their religion......and for no other reason. They cannot be considered as collateral damage......they were the target.
They want to institute theocratic rule....Now if you support that then your comments are justified...if you do not, then they are just an apologist excuse(or a stirring the pot post).
Old 10-01-2015, 10:55   #42

I suppose flying planes into the Twin Towers was collateral damage too.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:58   #43
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I suppose flying planes into the Twin Towers was collateral damage too.
I was under the impression that the twin towers were the target.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:11   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was under the impression that the twin towers were the target.
Guinness has already answered that above.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:16   #45
Beacon of light

missed that one....!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..