Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2015, 10:22   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think many people in this country and others forget what we are doing abroad. They forget about the drone strikes and planes bombing, they forget the innocent people who are classes as collateral damage or acceptable losses in these strikes. They forget we are at war. The forget that the only way those we are at war with can retaliate is by random attacks. We call them terror attacks, they class it as collateral damage and acceptable losses.
We sit in our nice warm homes wanting all this extremist oppression to end in other countries, do we seriously expect no backlash on us in our own countries?
We are at war and in war horrible things happen.
Look back at yer post and who agrees wi yeh!!! Never dreamed you were that stupid.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:20   #47
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, which war is this?
Are our uniformed soldiers deployed?
We, the people, the ordinary people of this country did not sanction a war.......I don't recall any newspaper headlines which told us we were at war.
What do you call bombing and killing people if it's not war? We do have uniformed soldiers deployed yes, here is the first link I found showing that ISIS: SAS troops riding quad bikes and armed with sniper rifles kill eight jihadis a day - Mirror Online

Quote:
How do we know the enemy, when the enemy does not abide by the rules of engagement, by the Geneva convention??
The first sentence from wikipedia about the Geneva Convention is

Quote:
The Geneva Conventions comprise four treaties, and three additional protocols, that establish the standards of international law for the humanitarian treatment of war.
Do you honestly think you can have a humane war?
We chose to pick a fight with people who don't believe in the Geneva Convention and don't follow our way of doing things. In many countries they think nothing of killing women and children, children grow up into fighters and woman make more children. I can see the logic even if I don't think it is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Look back at yer post and who agrees wi yeh!!! Never dreamed you were that stupid.
I'm not looking for people to agree with me. Just saying it as I see it. Does that make me stupid, maybe. What about those who can't see the backlash from our foreign policies won't come back to our shores in this way, I think they are the naive ones.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:22   #48
God Member

the terrorists use drone attacks etc as excuses for their vile actions and i reakon very few if any at all terrorists have been inirectly or directly effected by drone strikes or any aspect of what our troops do.Well our troops my have put a bullet into one of their terrorist scumbag friends but thats probabbly about it.

all these terrorists want is to force their will and their bullcrap gods will onto the world and what i find worrying is there arnt too many of tehir fellow kind condeming them for their actions yet millions of them unite world wide when a cartoon of their prophet got printed in a news paper claiming it was an insult to their prophet.It does make you wonder if they think beheading innocent people , slamming planes into buildings and blowing buss's up is complimentary to their prophet because they dont seem to object quite as much as they do when something that isnt in their favour or liking happens

infact most terrorists and hate preechers describe their activities as a holy war so its about allah not drones as far as they are concerned

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 10-01-2015 at 11:28.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26   #49
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I found this quite interesting

Old 10-01-2015, 11:30   #50
God Member

iv seen that video before and one of teh guys in the front row dosnt seem to be sure if he is a muslim or not and has too look around to check lol

they do get a good attendance though you cant deny that

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:48   #51
Senior Member+

'Are the politicians going to say we're all extreme Muslims?'

Well it certainly sounds like it.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:53   #52
Beacon of light

To answer your questions.....War can never be truly humane.......but the beheading of hostages on camera for propaganda purposes is barbaric...as is the massacre of Muslims, including women and children, purely because they practice a different form of Islam.
Isis massacred the Yadzidi tribe and they have killed those jihadis who were disenchanted with the fighting...so that they could not return to the country they were from and influence others negatively

Your link to the story in the daily mirror shows that elite forces are on the ground to combat ISIS......but not in great numbers.(so I don't think this constitutes a war footing)

As to our foreign policy, well if you asked many people what our foreign policy is, they would not be able to tell you......apart from perhaps the vast amounts of money which goes out of the country in foreign aid...but that is not the foreign policy to which you refer.
The majority of the electorate will never ask questions about foreign policy. If and when they are doorstepped by a prospective candidate.......and even if they did ask it would be a fair bet that the candidate would have not a clue how to answer this question.

So, despite being a democratic country the electorate has very little input to foreign policy affairs...and what politicians tell us is not necessarily the truth, but more what they think we want to hear or what they think we should know...which basically is 'nowt'.
You know what they say, ' If you can't blind them with science/statistics/whatever...baffle them with bulldust'.

Your views are yours...and you are entitled to them...they just (on this subject) do not align with my views.
Terrorism is not war.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-01-2015 at 11:56.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:11   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv seen that video before and one of teh guys in the front row dosnt seem to be sure if he is a muslim or not and has too look around to check lol

they do get a good attendance though you cant deny that
I was laughing at him as well
Old 10-01-2015, 12:49   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Just saying it as I see it. Does that make me stupid, maybe. What about those who can't see the backlash from our foreign policies won't come back to our shores in this way, I think they are the naive ones.
'Islamic,Muslim,extremist Terror' has to be kept fresh in the mind of the "sheeple"/"naive ones", they enjoy receiving their dose of free brainwashing BS via the MSM.

It's pointless arguing with them as I hear they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience
Alan Varrechia likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:59   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
To answer your questions.....War can never be truly humane.......but the beheading of hostages on camera for propaganda purposes is barbaric...
Yes it is barbaric but it is their way, that is what we have to accept if we wish to fight them.

Quote:
...they have killed those jihadis who were disenchanted with the fighting...so that they could not return to the country they were from and influence others negatively
Have a read of this, is it not the same?
The National Archives | Exhibitions & Learning online | First World War | Service records

Quote:
Your link to the story in the daily mirror shows that elite forces are on the ground to combat ISIS......but not in great numbers.(so I don't think this constitutes a war footing)
If it's not war what is it? Murder of foreign nationals on there own soil? I don't understand how you are justifying this to yourself.
Old 10-01-2015, 13:12   #56
Beacon of light

Neil, it isn't War...it is trying to control a regime that believes in the killing of non Muslims to further the cause of an Islamic Caliphate.....And also does not stop at murdering their own people because they are a different shade of Islam.
A form of fascism which threatens the whole world....not just those nations who Isis see as antagonistic towards them.....like GB, France, USA.

How do you justify the fact that a number of innocent people lost their lives while going about their daily activities.
Are you saying that the journalists who were killed were at fault because they believe in freedom of expression?
Are you saying that those shoppers who were preparing for their own holy day were at fault and that they deserved to die at the hands of fanatics( good Muslims who had been convicted of a number of offences, some of them which included drug taking and dealing-both fine Muslim pursuits)?
Old 10-01-2015, 13:15   #57
Beacon of light

The terrorists justify their actions on religious grounds....Religion has NOTHING to do with terrorism.....it is about men distorting a religion for their own agenda...that agenda is to seize power by instilling fear into people.....to form a world Islamic Caliphate.
Old 10-01-2015, 13:30   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
The terrorists justify their actions on religious grounds....Religion has NOTHING to do with terrorism.....it is about men distorting a religion for their own agenda...that agenda is to seize power by instilling fear into people.....to form a world Islamic Caliphate.
90% correct M.

How I believe it should read:-

'These particular' terrorists justify their actions on religious grounds.....religion has NOTHING to do with terrorism 'this time'.......it is about men distorting religion for their own agenda.....and that agenda is to seize power by installing fear into people.....to form a "new world order".

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 13:31   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
'Islamic,Muslim,extremist Terror' has to be kept fresh in the mind of the "sheeple"/"naive ones", they enjoy receiving their dose of free brainwashing BS via the MSM.

It's pointless arguing with them as I hear they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience
See yeh actually woke up again. But awake or asleep yeh never change.
Old 10-01-2015, 13:35   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

So the PM doesn't say we are at war in this newspaper

Britain goes to war against Isil - Telegraph

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..