Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 12:59   #1
Full Member+

Paris Shootings.

Terrible footage coming through on the news channels of the shootings at the offices of a satirical magazine. Nowhere is safe from extremist lunatics anymore, what terrible times we live in. Makes you really feel for the next generation.
Eric likes this.
Old 07-01-2015, 13:18   #2
God Member

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Terrible footage coming through on the news channels of the shootings at the offices of a satirical magazine. Nowhere is safe from extremist lunatics anymore, what terrible times we live in. Makes you really feel for the next generation.
You missed out a word: "muslims."
accyman and westendlass like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 13:19   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You missed out a word: "muslims."
You missed out a word "extremist"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 14:06   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
You missed out a word "extremist"
Damn ... forgot about that ... how could I do that when there are only millions of them. Even those muslims who are "moderate" appear unwilling to make little more than token condemnations of "extremists," probably funded by the Saudis, our buddies with all the oil.

And here's another danger:

10,000 People Protest Against Islam in the German City of Dresden

There is probably an ultra-right ... ok, let's call them NAZIs ... core to the movement; but ordinary Germans are supporting it because main-stream politicians are unwilling to address the problem ... or even admit that there is a problem. No matter how far the West bends, and in whatever direction, tolerance, reconciliation, dialogue ... all those neat things that work with reasonable people ... are not going to work. If the right, the center, and the left don't sort out the obvious problem, then the ordinary joe will drift towards the lunatic fringe. One can't debate with a devout muslim ... or, for that matter, with a fundamentalist Christian, because one will run headfirst into that brick wall: The "Book" ... the word of God, or Allan. It's fine to argue against the Big Bang; but don't question the authority of the Prime Mover.
jelly baby, cashman and steve2qec like this.
Old 07-01-2015, 14:18   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think yeh nailed yon Eric!!, They said it must never happen again, well it sodding well may do.
Old 07-01-2015, 15:29   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I think it will do. Maybe not in my lifetime but definitely in my childrens if it isn't dealt with soon
Old 07-01-2015, 15:31   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think it will do. Maybe not in my lifetime but definitely in my childrens if it isn't dealt with soon
Possibly in yours Neil, yeh aint n owd fart like me.
Old 07-01-2015, 15:39   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Possibly in yours Neil, yeh aint n owd fart like me.
I'm 45 so yes it is very possible.
Old 07-01-2015, 15:48   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
probably funded by the Saudis,

The "Book" ... the word of God, or Allan.
Not for much longer if they carry on

Islamic State: Terror group make 'first attack' against Saudi Arabia | World | News | Daily Express

And this Allan Geezer? New one on me, where'd he come from then?
Old 07-01-2015, 16:35   #10

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Helluva good quote from Salman Rushdie after this senseless attack:-

"Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms.
"This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today.
"I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity.
"'Respect for religion' has become a code phrase meaning 'fear of religion.' Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect."

Je Suis Charlie

Last edited by Guinness; 07-01-2015 at 16:38.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 16:45   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

It's a new predictive google app, if you type anything that could even slightly be considered as offensive to a minority terrorist group, it's removes you from danger of retalliation by changing the word to something that makes no sense.

As you can tell by the way it has corrupted the above paragraph it is well worth having just for peace of mind and to save checking under your car every morning.
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 17:42   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Actually comes from an episode of "Little Mosque on the Prairies" ... (Not the other spinoff: "Little Scouse with the Herpes."
Less and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 07-01-2015, 17:51   #13
God Member

Watching this stuff on CBC ... there was an interview with a Quebec journalist ... (from the French part of Canada, eh) ... turns out that CBC is not showing the cartoons because it may offend muslims ... like who gives a flying [deleted] ... However, the cartoons are being shown on Radio Canada (say that with a French accent), which is, strangely, the CBC in Quebec. In my opinion, "respect for the sensitivities of Muslims" has become a kind of euphemism for "fear of violent retaliation."

Oh ... almost forgot: "Vive le Quebec."

On a related story: Canada has agreed to take another 10,000 Syrian refugees.
Old 07-01-2015, 21:15   #14

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Speaks volumes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jesuischarlie.jpg (41.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 13:47   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Feel really sorry fer the French, They got these evil gits cornered in a building it seems, But its a no-win situation, With em having a hostage, the likelyhood is they will top him n die fighting the police, seen as how the thick gets regard death as honourable. I hope that aint the case, but think its likely.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..