Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 10:03   #346
Senior Member+

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

You never know John, maybe like many more who park there he got his licence by mail order.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:27   #347
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
You never know John, maybe like many more who park there he got his licence by mail order.
This video might explain how some get a licence

Old 02-07-2012, 14:02   #348
God Member

as ludricous as it seems its quite true that in some countries all you have to do is drive in a straight line for a few feet and you pass your test.The even more ludricous part is that despite knowing this our government recognises the licences and allows them to be used in the UK

there is also an issue of fake polish and other EU countries licences that could be bought on ebay for around £20.Because our licence database dont link up with other EU countries and vice versa there is no way of checking the legality of the licence and this is also why our roads have unqualified HGV drivers from EU countries racing up and down our motorways sometimes ending with horriffic results.

things may have changed recently but thats how things stood 2 years ago when there was an investigation on it on one of those BBC undercover shows and its a pretty safe bet neither government will do anyting to change things because they wont want to uspet folk

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 02-07-2012 at 14:06.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 17:14   #349
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Or his mate took his test for him
Old 19-08-2013, 16:04   #350
Resting in Peace

Still on this subject
here is another that cant park in the right place
looking at the load I am not sure what she was washing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg park where i want.jpg (100.8 KB, 79 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 17:49   #351
Full Member+

Just depends who you are when parking. The laws a joke for ordinary folk. I think I might take to the open road and declare myself a traveller, I could spend the rest of my life doing what the hell I want, when I want and for free too! As a law abiding citizen I have to make sure I tow the line at all times at risk of invoking the wrath of the full force of the law if I get it wrong.
Old 22-01-2014, 07:55   #352
Resting in Peace

Sorry to bring this thread back up but these people that like parking in the wrong place are still at it on Blackburn road
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parking van.jpg (162.5 KB, 78 views)
Old 22-01-2014, 08:58   #353
Senior Member+

I noticed that illegally parked van yesterday as well. They will probebly park with 4 wheels on the footpath when the bus lanes are built.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 16:42   #354
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I can't believe they are still wasting money doing bus lanes. Anyone know if Manchester have finished the trials yet where they allowed all vehicles to use bus lanes?
Old 25-01-2014, 20:10   #355
Senior Member+

liverpool have suspended theirs, it has helped with congestion.

Local bus company arriva who charge passengers £2.20 if your going 1 stop or 20 stops dont like it.
Im glad they dont, its their own fault for being to expensive.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 06:34   #356
Resting in Peace

Still no parking spaces on Blackburn road
but plenty on the pavement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg park.jpg (125.5 KB, 52 views)
Less, cashman and maxthecollie like this.
Old 18-04-2014, 11:52   #357
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Typical, neither the Police nor the Council have the gonads to deal wi this problem, i'm sure they would if it was your van Mick. That is not conjecture it is FACT.
Old 18-04-2014, 19:19   #358
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

By the way,this thread was started just oer 5 yrs ago, which was long after this issue was problem, The Police n Council are an UTTER DISGRACE. IMHO.
Old 19-04-2014, 00:39   #359
God Member

HBC and the police should grow a set of balls and send a fleet of tow trucks down there and just drag them away regardless if anyone is in them or not

im sure it will be breaking some kind of health and safety rule or something but what about the health and safety of those using teh pavement or trying to drive out of side streets with tehir view obscured

eveything is geared up to protect the people who commit the problem

also red light jumping is getting worse its getting so bad theres no point in having traffic lights round here any more and its not just the asian areas its all over

its not a matte rof lack of police iv seen traffic officers witness red light jumping and done sod all about it

lazy bas**ds need to start doing tehir bloody jobs or quit and go play cop at mothercare on security

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-04-2014 at 00:42.
Old 19-04-2014, 00:52   #360
God Member

sory for multiple posts but as an example of how lazy our traffic cops are i have been driving around now for 10 years without wearing a seatbelt and have only been pulled over once for it and that was in west yorkshire

in fairness though they did eventaully notice i wasnt wearing a seatbelt when they pulled me over because apparantly its unusual for someone to be driving near a hospital at 1 am at my age which at the time was 41 years of age

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..