Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2014, 17:32   #391
Senior Member+

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

When are our Councillors and MP going to take note of what is being posted on this thread - or are they also bound by Political Sensitivity?
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2014, 18:11   #392
Senior Member+

Well I saw Ken Moss was this thread but so far-no comment.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 19:37   #393

Looks like our police and parking enforcement have the same attitute to illegal asian parking as rotherham council and thier lack of action against paedofiles
we dont want to be seen to target these people just in case they play the race card do we !!!! Same old story one rule for us and one for them
pallyman likes this.
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 22:22   #394
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well I saw Ken Moss was this thread but so far-no comment.
Not holding my breath Gordon - when ever have you known a politician answer a question directly?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:06   #395
God Member

parking on zigzags is a 3 points on your licence offence but what good is it when traffic wardens cant give penalty points and the police no longer consider parking violations their job.Once it hits 6pm the traffic wardens finish work for the day so for teh rest of the evening and niight no one is enforcing the law regarding parking violations.

iv seen a traffic cop pull up behind two cars at the platts social club lights that were blocing teh road while they chatted car window to car window despite the lights changing to green and wait patiently for them to finish talking.One of them at one point got out of his car to shake hands with someone in the back of the opposite car and still the copper waited patiently as blackburn road and willows lane was brought to a standstill.

the most laughable and farceacle excuse i have ever heard in my life came from our very own lancashire county council when i enquired as to why we dont have red light jumper cameras like they do in places like huddersfield..

they wont install them in accrington because they have had to disable them in preston and heres teh reason why ..

when someone jumps a red light the flash from the camera was distracting them and making them brake hard which resulted in the car behind going into the back of them..

my question is what is the car behind a red light jumper doing going through a red light ?

someone asked why our local MP and councilors wont do anything about this and the answer is simple you cant get a photo op kicking the police and council up their arses to do their damn jobs the same way you can cleaning a canal bank or planting a tree and it certainly dosnt provide the same amount of media coverage as MP in talks with UN in gazza or MP battles malaria.

if it aint gonna get good coverage or be a vote earner it aint gonna get fixed

i wouldnt mind but there would be thousands of pounds made in revenue if they enforced the law theres a lot of money been missed out on here lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-09-2014 at 11:10.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 19:38   #396
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Maybe, just maybe, you need to start a thread like this.

Britain's worst drivers named and shamed on Facebook in popular 'Parking Like A T***' page | UK | News | Daily Express
Old 04-12-2014, 22:09   #397
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I don't think so, parking like a T*** is just something the ignorant do, T***ting up free flow on B'burn Rd happens because people with brown voices know (notice know, not ignorance), they can get away with it in this area, so long as they stick to illegal parking the rest of us will be safe, though there have been a few cases of mob violence in the area as well. Fortunately, up until now, these incidents only seemed to involve one ethnic race attacking members of their own ethnic race.
Could parking be the thin edge of the wedge? Should our authorities clamp down on the minor offence to prevent having to wear riot gear whilst dealing with a more dangerous offence?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 22:20   #398
Senior Member+

Driving along Blackburn Rd today whilst evading all the illegally parked vehicles I saw that we - or at least the Council, are again displaying Religious Insensitivity - Christmas Lights in an largely Muslim area really is going against British standards of Racial and Religious tolerance.
I do wonder how much this display actually cost this year? But in all fairness I must commend whoever is responsible for further wasting tax payers money on such a pathetic display.
Old 04-12-2014, 22:34   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Driving along Blackburn Rd today whilst evading all the illegally parked vehicles I saw that we - or at least the Council, are again displaying Religious Insensitivity - Christmas Lights in an largely Muslim area really is going against British standards of Racial and Religious tolerance.
I do wonder how much this display actually cost this year? But in all fairness I must commend whoever is responsible for further wasting tax payers money on such a pathetic display.
Hey, the display doesn't go all the way along B'burn Rd. and for your information the area isn't largely Muslim, it just appears largely Muslim because the rest of us can't buy a pork pie or bacon butty along the full length of that road.

We still have a couple of Churches along that Rd. Must admit though, the chances of folk like me going to them are as remote as folk like me going to a Mosque!

Old 05-12-2014, 05:28   #400
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Blackburn road is one of the main routes into town and where you would expect to have Christmas lights. Please don't give us the religious insensitivity nonsense, this is a mainly Christian country, don't like it, don't live here, it's as simple as that
Old 05-12-2014, 05:53   #401
Resting in Peace

Christmas lights has nothing to do with bad parking
if you want to chat about the Christmas lights please start a new thread ta
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 21:35   #402

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Blackburn road is one of the main routes into town and where you would expect to have Christmas lights.
Maybe on a main route into town that isn't covered from end to toe in either illegally parked vehicles, double parked vehicles, potholes or taxis driven by half wits for a start...and yeah..I drove in to Accrington from Church today and saw all of the above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Christmas lights has nothing to do with bad parking
Yes it does (although its obvious Barrie was being a bit tongue in cheek)..it points out the fact that our council (and our road safety conscious MP) blindly ignore the parking issues in favour of attempting to 'pretty up' the area in a vain attempt to entice the shoppers of Blackburn, who have big name shops and a number of bargain satellite retail parks to a town using an advertising agency (which posts on this forum...SDA), probably paid for using revenue from you, to extol the virtues of a market hall shopper.

i.e. Road safety, the highway code and pure common sense are irrelevant if they get bums on seats to spend in the town
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 05-12-2014, 21:55   #403
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Maybe on a main route into town that isn't covered from end to toe in either illegally parked vehicles, double parked vehicles, potholes or taxis driven by half wits for a start...and yeah..I drove in to Accrington from Church today and saw all of the above!
I did also twas a nightmare, so i decided to come back oer Charter St, to avoid, was getting near the bottom end n one of those half wits yeh mention, shot straight outa Exchange St, causing me to slam on or hit the pillock.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36   #404
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Yes it does (although its obvious Barrie was being a bit tongue in cheek)..it points out the fact that our council (and our road safety conscious MP) blindly ignore the parking issues in favour of attempting to 'pretty up' the area in a vain attempt to entice the shoppers of Blackburn, who have big name shops and a number of bargain satellite retail parks to a town using an advertising agency (which posts on this forum...SDA), probably paid for using revenue from you, to extol the virtues of a market hall shopper.

i.e. Road safety, the highway code and pure common sense are irrelevant if they get bums on seats to spend in the town
Glad you saw my post for what it was G, thank you - my 2 word response to the subsequent sense of humour failure post seems to have been deleted ??????
My apologies to Mick for not starting a separate thred
Old 02-01-2015, 18:38   #405

Parking on Blackburn road

How's this for parking?
Just now, couldn't get the police car that ignored it into the picture unfortunately.
maxthecollie likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..