Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2015, 16:44   #421
God Member

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

would be nice if someone saw their car that they lent their kid or partner etc been driven like this

i know i wouldnt be happy with anyone i let drive my car doing this in it and it ended up on the internet

pitty i cant make out the numberplate i guess i need glasses or a new monitor

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 26-04-2015 at 16:47.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2015, 17:39   #422
Senior Member+

The number has been sent to you accyman.
I'm not going to post it here but its very clear at the start of the video clip.

The car has no nearside brake light either.

Last edited by Gremlin; 26-04-2015 at 17:42.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 16:16   #423
Senior Member+

I've just seen that megane, turned off Union road Ossy at tinkerbrook garage, went down towards the caravans.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 16:32   #424
God Member

surely not heading towards them people who like to drag race transit vans down Harvey street ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-06-2015, 06:01   #425
Resting in Peace

some never learn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new car park.jpg (455.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg nowhere else to park.jpg (454.0 KB, 68 views)
Gremlin likes this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 06:58   #426
Senior Member+

Those people will never learn Mick, they get away with it because nobody in authority cares or they are afraid of the racist chant.
Old 20-06-2015, 15:46   #427
God Member

in town today one bloke with what i think was a very good suntan wearing his jimjams parked on the actual roundabout in town center to drop his boyfriend off then proceeded to drive through the bus only signs past the town hall and then past the market hall and headed up church street..

all of this will have been caught on CCTV but have no doubt what so ever nothing will be done at all

unless the white blob of painted tarmac isnt a roundabout but a landing pad of course

Old 20-06-2015, 15:48   #428
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
some never learn
i suppose it could have been worse the arse could have had the caravan on the back as well

Old 25-10-2015, 20:31   #429
Senior Member+

Today on Blackburn road the traffic was at a standstill.
On our return two hours later it was even worse. An ambulance was parked with its rear end on the crossing as well as blocking other traffic. I looked in the take away as we were struggling to get through and the ambulance men were waiting to get served.
I was sat in the passengers seat of a friends car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.JPG (340.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 112.JPG (343.6 KB, 67 views)
maxthecollie and Accyexplorer like this.

Last edited by Neil; 25-10-2015 at 21:16. Reason: Turned images round
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 11:46   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Today on Blackburn road the traffic was at a standstill.
On our return two hours later it was even worse. An ambulance was parked with its rear end on the crossing as well as blocking other traffic. I looked in the take away as we were struggling to get through and the ambulance men were waiting to get served.
I was sat in the passengers seat of a friends car.
Can these pics not be sent to whoever's in charge of traffic/highways at the council. I know complaints have been made before but if we keep complaining eventually some one will hear.....the screaming child always gets fed first!

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 11:57   #431
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is the likelyhood is they will speak to the ambulance folk n say sod all to those who do it daily.
Old 13-11-2015, 19:49   #432

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Saw a guy run out of the barbers where the railway bridge is. He appeared to have half a haircut, (then again who can tell what constitutes a haircut nowadays), as he rushed towards his bright yellow customised vehicle, which was parked two wheels on the kerb......because.....

A traffic warden was there!!!!

I was alone and driving so can't prove this with a photo, nor do I know if he wrote a ticket....but honest guv'...I did see this today so I've ticked Blackburn Road off in my I-Spy Traffic Warden book..
Barrie Yates and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 12-01-2016, 14:59   #433
Senior Member+

20160112-145257.jpg
How's this for parking on Accrington Road Blackburn
Gremlin likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 17:19   #434
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I admit, this isn't so much parking on B'burn road more like cock up on B'burn road, for some reason over the last few weeks someone somewhere decided there are a number of blind or poor sighted people in this area and of course we must care for them.

This has resulted in bumpy pavement being fitted at every junction.

It could be one of the last grants from the EU and LCC are rushing to get the work done before the money runs out, I honestly don't know. However leading a blind person straight into a post and a stone wall if they follow their feet along the left should be a health and safety issue, (lets get the inquiry going before the UK has to pay for it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumpy path.jpg (445.6 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Less; 19-09-2017 at 17:23.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 16:59   #435
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It would seem a major accident has happened on this road, everything blocked off, police, ambulance & fire brigade attending.
I don't know the full details but from what I hear someone set off in their car from the pavement & made a mistake then went through some pedestrians.
Blackburn road closed, I'm sat in pub nearby will let you know if I learn what's happening.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..