Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 19:16   #31
God Member

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
They could pass it onto the parking wardens who might do more patrols etc in this area... '
As long as I have a hole in my a rse that won't happen
Old 20-03-2009, 09:29   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
She has a better source than Google for such info - her son works in the realm of Transport Planning
Ha, I see Margaret, looks like you'll keep the crown after all
Old 20-03-2009, 09:35   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As long as I have a hole in my a rse that won't happen
Correct dave, but what annoys me is that if this happened in any other part of town, tickets would be in full flow, when all's said and don't the police know exactly whats going on, but choose not to do anything, they turn a blind I and do a Nelson "I See No Cars"
Old 20-03-2009, 11:23   #34
God Member

im think at the bottom of willows lane they have removed the yellow no entry box unless your exit is clear just before the lights heading into accy

probably realised it was a waste of paint re-painting them lol

im pretty sur eits notthere anymore anyway but i may be wrong

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:34   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
im think at the bottom of willows lane they have removed the yellow no entry box unless your exit is clear just before the lights heading into accy

Nope, your right, they haven't repainted it, many a time ive been sat behind the box and drivers from the side road have stopped in it waiting for the traffic to move, think it was a waste of paint anyway
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:06   #36
Resting in Peace

Just an update
Not had a thing back over it
but its still going on as you can see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PARKING1.jpg (33.4 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by Mick; 08-04-2009 at 06:10.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13   #37
God Member

after people not indicating my second biggest gripe is people who park too close to junctions . especialy in great big whopping vans

as i have said before UK traffic laws do not apply down blackburn road at all, i know other areas can be bad but that whole area takes it to the limit

driving along blackburn road is like enetering the wakey races,if you can get from church to accy center with both yuor wing mirors still intact you win

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:27   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
after people not indicating my second biggest gripe is people who park too close to junctions . especialy in great big whopping vans

as i have said before UK traffic laws do not apply down blackburn road at all, i know other areas can be bad but that whole area takes it to the limit

driving along blackburn road is like enetering the wakey races,if you can get from church to acy center with both yuor wing mirors still intact you win
The only time I've been given a parking ticket accyman was for parking to close to a road junction. It was in Carlisle back in 1974 and I'd parked up over night near our digs, the van was 13 feet from the junction. The thing is the ticket cost me just £2 in those days
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18   #39

Quote:

No good repainting it when the newly laid road surface is breaking up - Again. Who ever employed these people to do this resurfacing needs to get the money back and get a decent company to do it. Just shows that you get crap when you go for the cheapest.
Puffing Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:22   #40

I hope you can get somthing done a bout it but i have seen this happen over the year,s when i was working on the road as a road sweeper and i think they will only do something when some one get,s hurt.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 16:55   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
I hope you can get somthing done a bout it but i have seen this happen over the year,s when i was working on the road as a road sweeper and i think they will only do something when some one get,s hurt.
yer too optimistic mate, they won't do owt even then.
Old 08-04-2009, 16:57   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer too optimistic mate, they won't do owt even then.
Post 31 in this thread still stands
Old 08-04-2009, 17:28   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
LOL Dave ..well, just keep bunging 'em in Mick (no reference to #31) might get one yet !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:35   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You avatar says it all dave
Old 10-04-2009, 07:15   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just an update
Not had a thing back over it
but its still going on as you can see
Surely you didn't expect him to park in the area marked as the Bus stop Mick - he'd be impeding traffic flow and parking illegally then!!

There was a 4x4 parked near the bottom of Willows Lane about 4pm yesterday and it was so far onto the pavement you'd have had to edge past sideways!! Yet another who didn't want to impede the traffic!

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..