Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 20:56   #61
K-P

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
If you don't get any joy go further up the ladder and get our MP involved, Greg won't stand for that kind of malarkey.
Greg pope whos office is on blackburn rd.. or has he moved?
Old 12-04-2009, 21:15   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Greg pope whos office is on blackburn rd.. or has he moved?
He used to be at the Church end of Blackburn Road though. maybe he never goes into Accy centre because the traffic is so bad with all the abandoned, sorry parked, cars everywhere.

Now he is at 50 Abbey Street, Accrington BB5 1EE, so maybe he comes into town the other way
Old 12-04-2009, 21:25   #63
God Member

The pictures Mick took are nearer the church end than the accy centre end arnt they Neil? I am with the towtruck method here, just tow them away, and scrap them!
Old 12-04-2009, 21:40   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yep its near the dentists at antley, i'm fer crushing em, pity no-one in authority has the balls.
Old 12-04-2009, 21:44   #65
God Member

Do you have a tow truck cashy? And do you need a co - pilot?
Old 13-04-2009, 09:07   #66
Resting in Peace

What amuses me is that none of these offenders have ever been clamped, its not long ago that I heard about a bloke having his car clamped on spare ground next to his home, he was actually doing the car up and was going to tax and insure it when it was again road worthy, it wasn't on the highway but he still got fleeced
Old 13-04-2009, 14:47   #67
God Member

I think I have mentioned this before.. but so what! In Bury, there used to be traffic wardens up and down the road all day, every day, except on Saturday morning, when the nearby mosque was busy, the parking was chaotic and idiotic, and not a traffic warden, or policeman to be seen, and before anybody fews this as remotely racist, I had many parking tickets for loading/unloading into my own shop, that is the gripe!
Old 13-04-2009, 16:17   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I think I have mentioned this before.. but so what! In Bury, there used to be traffic wardens up and down the road all day, every day, except on Saturday morning, when the nearby mosque was busy, the parking was chaotic and idiotic, and not a traffic warden, or policeman to be seen, and before anybody fews this as remotely racist, I had many parking tickets for loading/unloading into my own shop, that is the gripe!
Its not being racists derek, its telling it like it is, you can't be labeled for telling the truth, but like always there are two sets of rules, and we are saddled with the set that gives tickets for parking
Old 13-04-2009, 18:21   #69

There is a car parked wholly on the pavement at the Dill Hall end of First Avenue. It looked like it was being repaired. I never noticed if the tax disc was current but would it be classed as not being on a highway if the disc was out of date??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 21:47   #70

I'm away at the moment and hadn't seen this thread until AndrewB emailed me (hat tip, as our friend Guido Fawkes says!).

As quite a few hard working councillors post on here (as well as The Great Leader now - should he be known as TGL henceforth?) I dare say that this may get sorted. I'll add my bit with the Council next week.
Greg Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 23:14   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good on yer Greg, this is summat thats been ignored fer years, apart from a very short "Purge" a while ago. one day i fear there will be a nasty accident, soley through traffic violations on Blackburn Rd.
Old 13-04-2009, 23:21   #72
God Member

to be fair on teh council teh police need to work with teh council on this because i myself have witness traffic cops turn a blind eye to very serious parking offences along blackburn road such as abondoning their cars at red trafficlights so they can nip into teh shop to talk to their pals causing traffic jams or even parking side by side blocking teh road while they have a natter or going down 1 way streets teh wrong way because its quicker

i bet you my last pound as soon as a clampdown occurs it will be in teh papers that teh council and police only targeted the area because its a highly asian populated area and not because the area is teh worst in hyndburn for traffic offences

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 13-04-2009 at 23:24.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 05:16   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pope View Post
I'm away at the moment and hadn't seen this thread until AndrewB emailed me (hat tip, as our friend Guido Fawkes says!).

As quite a few hard working councillors post on here (as well as The Great Leader now - should he be known as TGL henceforth?) I dare say that this may get sorted. I'll add my bit with the Council next week.
Thank You i just hope something is done before someone (me) gets run over on the pavement while waiting for a bus.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 08:29   #74
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank You i just hope something is done before someone (me) gets run over on the pavement while waiting for a bus.
Don't worry mate, with all that anaesthetic inside you it won't hurt
Old 14-04-2009, 10:07   #75

It seems to me that if you stand in the area of the old college and watch the cars go by certain members of the car driving population are exempt from the laws relating to seat belts, ringing friends when driving, blue lights displayed on a non emergency vehicle etc etc
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..