Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2009, 10:19   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
It seems to me that if you stand in the area of the old college and watch the cars go by certain members of the car driving population are exempt from the laws relating to seat belts, ringing friends when driving, blue lights displayed on a non emergency vehicle etc etc
You don't just have to stand there wadey, anywhere will do mate, same applies
Old 14-04-2009, 10:28   #77
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
blue lights displayed on a non emergency vehicle etc etc
That is a pet hate of mine as well.
Old 14-04-2009, 10:37   #78
God Member

i think if i recall correctly your allowed blue lights but it depends where they are fitted and how

it would be a lot simpler to ban any car except emergency vehicles from having blue lights , even a doctor on call has a green flashing light and not blue light so why a piza delivery car or a clapped out bmw needs blue lights i have no idea but bare in mind a lot of boy racers make these kind of modifications when they attempt to make their 1.2 corsa look like somthing out of need 4 speed or teh fast and teh furious lol

dont want to stray too far off topic but if a rapist put blue led's in his grill for example a somone at night could easily be tricked into pulling over and stopping

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 10:56   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think if i recall correctly your allowed blue lights but it depends where they are fitted and how

it would be a lot simpler to ban any car except emergency vehicles from having blue lights , even a doctor on call has a green flashing light and not blue light so why a piza delivery car or a clapped out bmw needs blue lights i have no idea but bare in mind a lot of boy racers make these kind of modifications when they attempt to make their 1.2 corsa look like somthing out of need 4 speed or teh fast and teh furious lol

dont want to stray too far off topic but if a rapist put blue led's in his grill for example a somone at night could easily be tricked into pulling over and stopping
Am going back a number of years (around 10 or so) when this kind of thing started becoming popular my ex had green side light bulbs. When spotted by the police he was pulled over and asked if he was a dr, member of the medical profession etc, which obviously he wasnt so he was given a producer and had to return to the police station in either a week or two weeks to prove that he had replaced the green bulbs with clear white ones. They were illegal to have back then unless you were an emergency vehicle of some description. Am not sure but it seems like this law has either been changed or they no longer bother enforcing it anymore. He did also get stopped for driving with his fog lights on when it wasnt foggy and the officer had a firm word in his ear about driving with fog lights on when there is no need, think this is something else that they no longer bother about, or so it seems. I was told many back then that the coloured side lights, under car lighting etc was fine for show purposes but illegal to use on the roads. Now it seems to be the norm for many cars

And as for the rapist scenario, i was told by my driving instructor that if i was unsure about stopping (being flashed to pull over at night etc and was travelling alone) then to make my way to the police station or somewhere safe and stop there where i felt safer to do so. Am sure that most police officers would understand if someone did this if they were unsure of what was happening (although on the other hand guess that they could class it as refusing to stop)

Last edited by emzy; 14-04-2009 at 10:59.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 10:59   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Am going back a number of years (around 10 or so) when this kind of thing started becoming popular my ex had green side light bulbs. When spotted by the police he was pulled over and asked if he was a dr, member of the medical profession etc, which obviously he wasnt so he was given a producer and had to return to the police station in either a week or two weeks to prove that he had replaced the green bulbs with clear white ones. They were illegal to have back then unless you were an emergency vehicle of some description. Am not sure but it seems like this law has either been changed or they no longer bother enforcing it anymore. He did also get stopped for driving with his fog lights on when it wasnt foggy and the officer had a firm word in his ear about driving with fog lights on when there is no need, think this is something else that they no longer bother about, or so it seems. I was told many back then that the coloured side lights, under car lighting etc was fine for show purposes but illegal to use on the roads. Now it seems to be the norm for many cars
No don't think the laws been changed emzy its just that its not enforced with certain sections of the community
Old 14-04-2009, 11:03   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No don't think the laws been changed emzy its just that its not enforced with certain sections of the community
Ahhh, so they just dont seem to bother enforcing it any more then
Old 14-04-2009, 11:10   #82
God Member

Who/which are these certain sections of the community that people keep referring to?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 11:16   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Who/which are these certain sections of the community that people keep referring to?
The same as those who seem to be immune to parking tickets on Blackburn Road, whoever they are
Old 14-04-2009, 11:17   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Ahhh, so they just dont seem to bother enforcing it any more then
Don't you try it emzy
Old 14-04-2009, 11:20   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
The same as those who seem to be immune to parking tickets on Blackburn Road, whoever they are
Are they related to the Blackburn motorists who share the same privileges on Audley Range and Whalley Range?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 13:06   #86

Reg 16, The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989
Restrictions on fitting blue warning beacons, special warning lamps and similar devices
16. No vehicle, other than an emergency vehicle, shall be fitted with-

(a) a blue warning beacon or special warning lamp, or

(b) a device which resembles a blue warning beacon or a special warning lamp, whether the same is in working order or not.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 13:08   #87

if i was unsure about stopping (being flashed to pull over at night etc and was travelling alone) then to make my way to the police station or somewhere safe and stop there where i felt safer to do so."
I agree but as most Police Stations are shut at night a well lit garage with CCTV is a good option
Old 14-04-2009, 13:11   #88

* According to Regulation 11 of the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations only red light may be shown from the rear of a vehicle. There are a very few exceptions to this, including amber from indicators.
* Red light must never be shown at the front of a vehicle
* Blue should be avoided, since it is strongly associated with emergency vehicles.
* The law covers lamps at the front and sides, and not light coming from the underside of vehicles. Neon systems aren't lamps, but they do create light that's easily seen. The wisest course is to abide by the colour regulations outlined: red at the rear, amber at the side, and white in front.
Old 14-04-2009, 13:25   #89
God Member

i had a sabaru impreza behind me a few months ago in yorkshire with very bright lights driving very close to me so i altered my mirror and made the international jesture for i think your a masterbator to show my displeasure at been blinded

big gulp when it decided to overtake me as it was a police car and it must have been checking my numberplate , tax and details etc but i thought it was a boy racer acting stupid

luckily i wasnt pulled over

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 13:46   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i had a sabaru impreza behind me a few months ago in yorkshire with very bright lights driving very close to me so i altered my mirror and made the international jesture for i think your a masterbator to show my displeasure at been blinded

big gulp when it decided to overtake me as it was a police car and it must have been checking my numberplate , tax and details etc but i thought it was a boy racer acting stupid

luckily i wasnt pulled over
Oooopsie, that could have got you in a little bit of trouble lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..