Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2011, 18:18   #211
Resting in Peace

Re: Parliamentary Boundary Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove has never voted in his life. He thinks his vote is'nt going to make a difference to the outcome, and if it did the winning party would be just as useless as the others. Groove is disillusioned with politics and life in general.
You mean you actually get a vote
Old 08-11-2011, 20:11   #212
Give, give, give member

H.B.C.'s Communities and Wellbeing Overview and Scrutiny Committee have looked at proposals from all three political parties, with their own plans for our constituency, following the Boundary Commission's report.

The cross-party committee have five proposals, after considering the various options put forward, which are due to be discussed at the Full Council meeting this Thursday, 10th November.

The meeting is open to the public and starts at 7 p.m., at Accrington Town Hall.

I think it would be good for supporters of the campaign to save our constituency, to attend if they can, to show the council we support the work they're doing to try and keep Hyndburn as a constituency, in it's own right.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:01   #213
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
H.B.C.'s Communities and Wellbeing Overview and Scrutiny Committee have looked at proposals from all three political parties, with their own plans for our constituency, following the Boundary Commission's report.

The cross-party committee have five proposals, after considering the various options put forward, which are due to be discussed at the Full Council meeting this Thursday, 10th November.

The meeting is open to the public and starts at 7 p.m., at Accrington Town Hall.

I think it would be good for supporters of the campaign to save our constituency, to attend if they can, to show the council we support the work they're doing to try and keep Hyndburn as a constituency, in it's own right.
And thus keeping our own MP who supports local people
Old 09-11-2011, 07:06   #214
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And thus keeping our own MP who supports local people
I'm not going to cut my nose off, to spite my face.

I'm fighting to keep 'our' constitueny.

Whoever we have decided to represent that constituency, at the moment, is irrelevant.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:15   #215
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm not going to cut my nose off, to spite my face.

I'm fighting to keep 'our' constitueny.

Whoever we have decided to represent that constituency, at the moment, is irrelevant.

You could have substituted Whoever with, the person

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..