Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2018, 10:36   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Passports

But you have to be brown, male have a hairy face and tell them,when found, that you are only 14.
Sorry to be so cynical, but I have run out of my usual pills.
KiTChener and Gremlin like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2018, 13:14   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Apparently the French company is state owned so does'nt need to make a profit to survive.
So the British company needs to make a few bob on each passport they produce & then of course the government will want their pound of flesh to boot! So all the people saying it's not right to produce our passport outside of UK are all going to be willing to dig deeper into their pockets & not be griping about the price hikes? Really ... ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/54559...ch-cost-renew/

I agree the passport should be produced by a UK firm & I have no choice but to bite my tongue & accept the charges they demand. Because as a Brit living outside of the UK I "must" have a valid passport on hand to present to all & sundry who require me to do so as I go about my daily doings. At least within the confines of the UK Joe Public has the option of not having to purchase said document (just as long as they're prepared to stay within the bondaries of our green & pleasant lands).
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 25-03-2018, 19:09   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here you go people, if your convictions are so strong you can have your say here, (see article below) but as with all these things it'll no doubt not have any bearing on the politicoes attitudes, but what the hey! At least the peasantry can blow off a little steam at least ....

Mail petition: Give the contract for the UK's new blue passport to a British firm | Daily Mail Online
Old 26-03-2018, 22:00   #19

you didn't need a passport until about 1921 I think. Until then they were reserved for diplomats. Prior to that you got a letter from the Home Office certifying you as British. doesn't quite match the little blue book though!
Old 29-03-2018, 09:33   #20
God Member

was the paper used by the home office made in britain joe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..