Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 16:58   #1

Pay As You Drive

Anyone on here use the pay as you drive insurance system? Ive just got a quote and it worked out to be 400 cheaper for me. I know what ill be doing in march come renewal time.
Old 03-11-2007, 17:01   #2
God Member

Re: Pay As You Drive

£400 CHEAPER!! - mine only costs me £150 a year (fully comp) Perhaps if I enquire about pay as you drive they may end up paying me

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:02   #3

Thats the advantage of being old i suppose.
Old 03-11-2007, 17:04   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Well there are some advantages

Old 03-11-2007, 17:24   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Or more experienced and accident free perhaps ? Cheeky young sprogg ..

Can you please split it down more for us Aleks please .. I don't drive as much afar these days, so could be helpful ..ta.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:26   #6
God Member

err, how can you work out how much it will be seeing that it is based on how much you drive? Drive a bit more and it goes up! You might have estimated and got it all wrong. what about time you are driving, doesn't that also have an effect? I don't really see how you can say what your premium will actually be as it is by definition based on a variable.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:29   #7
God Member

My car is 5 yrs old and I have less than 9000 on the clock.
My driving this year has been about 10 miles a month!
That Norwich Union site refused to quote me - I don't think they believed me - but you already know I never tell lies

Old 03-11-2007, 17:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
err, how can you work out how much it will be seeing that it is based on how much you drive? Drive a bit more and it goes up! You might have estimated and got it all wrong. what about time you are driving, doesn't that also have an effect? I don't really see how you can say what your premium will actually be as it is by definition based on a variable.
err...its very simple Ian all you do is get a quote from Norwich Union and they tell you how much your going to be looking at for the year. Im sure you can mahage that cant you without trying to come across all smug.
Old 03-11-2007, 17:47   #9
God Member

So hows this work then?
do you give them your estimated mileage?
whats the charges if you go over your estimate?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:48   #10
God Member

err,just how many miles do you think you will do... then you dcide to go on hols in teh car round scotland -add 2K, then you happen to be unlucky to need regular hospital treatment for a fortnight or you have to visist a sick elderly rel. add a few hundred here and there and you'd be surprised just how easily it can creep up by 5-6K wiping out any 'savings' and posssibly even costing you more. Its very hard to accurately judge your mileage if you are an atypical user as by definition you will use your car as and when you feel like it based on whats happening in your life at that point

I'm not even going to mention the possibility of teh black box reporting you for speeding, or anything.... and you never know just when teh gov will make it law for NU to have to make their data available!

Old 03-11-2007, 17:51   #11

I wont be going on holiday in Scotlad thats for sure lol. It can work off only what you tell it and ive took the mileage ive done from a busy week where i drove more than usual and its given me the price. If you see problems with it Ian maybe you can work out a new system?
Old 03-11-2007, 18:26   #12
God Member

so come on, give us your figures, how many miles a week do you reckon you'll do? Are you in the above or below 24 group? what was your previous 'best' quote?

Last time we spoke you had a volvo 440 (Street cred just flownj out window )

PS, I notice from the site that they don't quote for Audi A8's? so whats so special about them that say a porsche doesn't have

Old 03-11-2007, 18:43   #13

Think I’ll just stick to normal insurance for now. I don’t fancy any gizmos in the car reporting where I’ve been and how fast I got there. This stuff might become the norm but whilst I have a choice I’ll opt out
Old 03-11-2007, 18:58   #14

Im in the above section Ian and i drive a Astra doing 110 miles a week. I dont need you double checking and doing the form for me i know how to do it mate.
Old 03-11-2007, 19:28   #15
God Member

Just done a quote myself and it worked out about the same, possibly a couple of quid less at the most without digging my paperwork out to see exactly what i paid this year, think I'll keep the "spy out the cab" had enough of them :rolleyes
Wish I could save as much as you Aleks, be nice being paid by an insurance Co to drive my own car

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..