Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2011, 20:09   #1

Petrol prices, fill up at your peril

Just done a quick survey around town and I am amazed at the huge variation in fuel prices, see below for diesel prices recorded tonight

Church Hall garage dill hall lane £1.39.9
Asda £1.33.9
BP garage opposite Mc donalds £1.41.9
Tesco express Abbey St £1.37.9
Shell Burnley Rd (Spar) £138.9

8p per Ltr = 36p per Gallon, that's about £4.00 a tank or £200 quid a year it pays to shop around
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2011, 20:51   #2
God Member

Re: Petrol prices, fill up at your peril

if only the asda station wasnt fussy about what cards it took

was in colne the other day and filled up at asda there as they have a cash attendant on their station and its also a penny cheaper than accy but not worth specificaly going out your way for

the petrol station as you come off the motorway for nelson is also a lot cheaper than accy but the shell station 400 yards further down the same road is 4p a litre more.

either way they are all going to rise further because cameron is using the uprisings in the middle east as an excuse to raise the price.The price of oil per barrell isnt teh problem the greedy amount of tax the government put on it is.Fuel has gone up 30p per litre since cameron took over and most of that was way before the trouble in the middle east and vat increase

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 16:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
Just done a quick survey around town and I am amazed at the huge variation in fuel prices, see below for diesel prices recorded tonight

Asda £1.33.9
8p per Ltr = 36p per Gallon, that's about £4.00 a tank or £200 quid a year it pays to shop around
Ive often wondered when passing how the BP garage is still open, with Asda a few hundered yards away charging considerably less. I bet a lot of people have felt stung after using them and then noticing Asda's price when on their merry way
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 23:35   #4
Senior Member+

wallop - not everyone has a credit card to pay wtih - alot of people just have debit cards and the most common one - visa electron isnt accepted so by default people go to the bp. especially late at night when abby street is closed too.

its just extortion at the moment the price of petrol. and its going to go up even more
Old 15-03-2011, 02:56   #5
God Member

whos betting cameron finds a way to use japans disaster as an excuse to raise petrol prices further?

if a cammel farts in the middle east it puts an extra 2p per litre on the price

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 15-03-2011, 06:15   #6
Common Sense Member

Japan is the world's third largest oil consumer and so in theory the temporary drop in demand should lower the price of oil.

In practice, however.....

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 06:57   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Japan is the world's third largest oil consumer and so in theory the temporary drop in demand should lower the price of oil.

In practice, however.....
Not so long ago there was a massive blockade of petrol output and dead lanes on motorways because of protests by the what we were then told were hard up haulage companies...but it was the countryside alliance who started the protest ..AKA the tory party.
Now then we have a tory government.. and there can be no such protests because the people who tried to hold this country to ransom by blockades and slow downs were all tories!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 08:51   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Not so long ago there was a massive blockade of petrol output and dead lanes on motorways because of protests by the what we were then told were hard up haulage companies...but it was the countryside alliance who started the protest ..AKA the tory party.
Now then we have a tory government.. and there can be no such protests because the people who tried to hold this country to ransom by blockades and slow downs were all tories!
Do you have to work at being a idiot or does it come naturally
Old 15-03-2011, 08:56   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Same old rubbish reply.. you always catch the bait
Old 15-03-2011, 09:10   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And while we are at it, is that the same sort of reply you gave to people and voters who took a different view from yours? all those doors you randomly knocked on to gain votes for your party?
Old 15-03-2011, 10:09   #11
God Member

the reson why there have been no more blockades manicie is because after tony blair got embarrassed and had to lower the cost of fuel and give in to the protesters he made it an act of terrorism to block refinaries.Im not one to defend torys pal but its tony blairs doing thats why when labour were in charge a couple of years ago we saw diesil rise to £1.35 a litre without the blockades going up again and now its back up to those levels i have no doubt cameron would use tony blairs laws to quash any protest involving the blockading of refinaries which is the only way you can realy successfully effect the whole country

Old 15-03-2011, 21:51   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post

Church Hall garage dill hall lane £1.39.9
Asda £1.33.9
Tesco express Abbey St £1.37.9
Shell Burnley Rd (Spar) £138.9

It's actually 131.9p at Burnley Rd Spar, or was when I filled up this evening. However, it is still extortionate.
Old 15-03-2011, 22:30   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysimon View Post
It's actually 131.9p at Burnley Rd Spar, or was when I filled up this evening. However, it is still extortionate.
Was that for diesel because that is good at the moment
Old 16-03-2011, 08:31   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Was that for diesel because that is good at the moment
Sorry, No, that was for unleaded. I misread the original post with it being so late at night. But then the original post is titled Petrol prices before going on about Diesel.

So it is
I will leave it so we can see if others read the whole thread before posting

Last edited by Neil; 16-03-2011 at 09:32.
accysimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 16:18   #15
God Member

diesil is 1.38.9 there.Well it was last night

cameron has now smashed labours 1.36.9 record for diesil and that was when we had a war going on and a legitimate excuse for sayingthere was a shortage of oil and not because of some unrest in egypt that is over and oil production not effected

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..