Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By cashman
  • 3 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2021, 17:45   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Piers Morgan

I just read an article in the Evening Standard saying that Piers Morgan has been approached by a close friend sent as a third party to ask him if he will return to Good Morning Britain as the ratings have plummeted since he was no longer yon,why does that not surprise me? most people i know have told me they stopped watching it, as i did. i sincerly hope he does not the fact they are losing money pleases me no end.
Old 29-05-2021, 18:38   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Piers Morgan

Same thing happened with the BBC & "Top Gear" when the binned Clarkson, Hammond & May. Speaks volumes if you ask me, seems the viewing populace want these "controversial" characters on their screens & not the sanitised, correct think, party line dross insisted upon by "The management" in their wokerist safe space enclaves.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-05-2021, 09:09   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Same thing happened with the BBC & "Top Gear" when the binned Clarkson, Hammond & May. Speaks volumes if you ask me, seems the viewing populace want these "controversial" characters on their screens & not the sanitised, correct think, party line dross insisted upon by "The management" in their wokerist safe space enclaves.
the thing is however hard they try there are still far more of us than there is of the do gooding woke brigade. quicker they realize that then things could get back to normal.
pallyman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2021, 10:27   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the thing is however hard they try there are still far more of us than there is of the do gooding woke brigade. quicker they realize that then things could get back to normal.
Realizing wont make any difference to clowns that are always right mate,
Less likes this.
Old 30-05-2021, 10:59   #5
Beacon of light

I am not fond of Piers Morgan....he struck me as being a pot stirrer(I sanitised that for a family forum)....a very confrontatinal man whose opinions changed like a chameleon...BUT,
I did not like the way he left GMB...it felt a bit like the cancelleation culture...al because he voiced his disbelief over what MM was spouting...and much of this has now proved that he was right to distrust he version of events.

so, Cashy...I also think that GMB should sinl without trace and take all its' woke cemmentators with it....and then the BBC should go down the same plughole too.
There is no place for biased and 'fiddled with' reportage.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2021, 14:51   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

oh i aint that keen on him myself, but when he got slagged for calling megan a liar i thought that was perfectly true.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-05-2021, 18:08   #7
Beacon of light

I hope that he signs up with the new News Channel and steals every single person from the audience of GMB.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:32   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh i aint that keen on him myself, but when he got slagged for calling megan a liar i thought that was perfectly true.
if the lefty owen jones had said the same his brigade would have been pronouncing him as the man of the people. at times its not what you say its who its about thats important for some. have a go at a lefty you are every IST on record. do the same to anyone on the right and you are a hero.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..