Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 21:19   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Pilky Buses

i just think theyre not maintained, the buses are ok just need maintaining.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2004, 21:23   #17
God Member

Quote:
The open door thing does seem a bit petty
its not, everything is to do with safety and if a bus was being driven with no back window in it would not be safe for the passengers, especially children. I say back window because this is the emergency exit on some buses and this is the warning system they are talking about.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 21:32   #18
Senior Member+

hope we dont get cranberry coachways lol
Old 12-06-2004, 21:32   #19
Resident Waffler

Ah now that DOES make sense. It sounded as though it referred to the door people use to get on and off the bus.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 08:50   #20
Junior Member+

Try Going Up Or Down Avenue Parade When A Pilky Bus Is On But Make Sure You Are In A Tank First.pilky Drivers Must Have Blinkers On [horse Type]. If They Opened The Side Window You Would See All The Birds Fly Out[ No Guessing Where They Have Come From]
Old 13-06-2004, 11:01   #21

I suppose its there own fault, but i liked pilky buses as they are cheaper than others. Who will be running buses now to all the other parts of accrington? m&m?
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 11:16   #22
Senior Member+

theyre worse lol, i was once on an m&m when the back seat detched (well the bit you sit on) and the driver said hed just stick it back on again
Old 13-06-2004, 11:45   #23
Resident Waffler

How are they usually fixed? I've never looked. Bolted on?

Old 13-06-2004, 18:15   #24

before i got i job i was thinking set up my own bus servierve with the prince tust about 10 yeay go
how far i got was to nearily on the way to apply for licnice put i got job offer instead
iam 28 male put now ithinkibg shall i run service if got the money from bank put what
iam worried if i go bancurt or not what do you think
i would get proper maiten and good bus
put stagecoach object at th time
new accy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 16:01   #25

Well it's nice to hear some of the narrow minded views of some of our local residents and I am not going to deny that some buses are faulty.As a driver I do a physical check of my bus to ensure their are no major problems with it.The fact still remains that about 30 drivers with mortgages and families to provide for will soon be out of work and this is not our fault.The company has let us down and the public,even some of the other drivers are to blame but as I walk into the jobcentre at the end of July my conscience will be clear having the knowledge that everytime I set off to Bacup on the 464 my bus has been checked for major faults(although I am not a mechanic.)
As for 14 year olds fixing the buses,they simply just wash them.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 16:06   #26
Resident Waffler

Hi PilkyBusDriver. I've been told by an experienced bus driver that a lot of things that buses are "failed" for are not serious mechanical faults but things like a sign which isn't worded correctly (or has been semi obliterated by vandals).

It was way back in October by all accounts that the buses didn't pass and if they had been dangerous then I have no doubt they'd all have been whipped off the roads pretty sharpish. The fact that they weren't and that we've still been travelling in them and come to no harm surely proves that none were death traps.

The drivers all have my sympathy for the situation they are now in. I've always found Pilky bus drivers to be kind, courteous and very helpful.

Old 28-06-2004, 16:14   #27
Senior Member+

same i hate lancs united drivers, always trying to rip ya off
Old 28-06-2004, 16:25   #28
God Member

Its right, they are very strict with buses, the tester even goes round with a stick and bangs the seats, if a lot of dust comes off he will fail it, rightly said about the signs too- all have to be readible and in the correct places. As for loose wheel nuts and faulty brakes there is no excuse, and a decent fitter will not have a 81% MOT failure rate, I once got to October without a failure and was gutted cause I was aiming for a 12 month 100% pass record

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 16:40   #29
Resting in Peace

The only thing i have against a lot of bus drivers is they will let people stand at the front of the bus talking to them while the bus is moving
i allways thought this was against the bus company policy and a lot of companys have a notice up saying not to talk to the driver while its moving
i have missed my stop on more than 1 occasion becouse they did not here the bell
please note i did not say ALL bus drivers just a few of them
other wise they do a great service
with the roads and the amount of trafic on the roads
i would not do there job for a big clock
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 16:41   #30
God Member

Not been on a bus in years.. Was suprised to find they are private. I thought they where corporation buses.

I would guess bus drivers are like wagon drivers. should be responsible for checking the bus every day and if not up to scratch then get it sorted and not drive it. OK in theory, but you wouldn't keep your job long if you refused to take your bus out every other day. I am talking tiny none safety threatening problems...

Like the man said.. probably a lot of safety concious good drivers now out of work... hardly fair

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..