Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2003, 06:10   #1

Post PLEASE HELP!

i have a 2 year old daughter that thinks it is funny to get out of her cot in the early part of the morning and waking everybody up,has anybody got any ideas as to how i can stop her doing it(humanely)?

thanks

jason

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2003, 09:57   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: PLEASE HELP!

put her in bed with you and your partner, and she will  [smiley=sleep.gif] soundly.
Old 13-10-2003, 14:34   #3
Jo

Put her to bed later at night so she'll sleep longer in the mornings.  
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2003, 16:55   #4
God Member

Give her a few tots of whisky...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2003, 18:24   #5

There is no way she is sleeping with us,she goes to bed late enough and alcohol is bad for toddlers(especially whisky)lol.keep the ideas coming...............cheers

Old 14-10-2003, 07:45   #6

Its what two year olds do jason! ; mind you the hubby does the same thing  ;D
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 08:14   #7
Caz
God Member

Does she still have a sleep during the day Jason?

If so, the only thing I can suggest is cutting that out if possible. Try doing it gradually by letting her have shorter & shorter naps. Plus try & keep her as  active as possible during the day.

Started taking my youngest two (13 year old twins) for long walks during the day & basically keeping them as busy as possible.
They gradually slept longer at nights, though they still made a good stereo alarm clock! ;D

May just be though that your little girl is one of those who just don't need much sleep, like a lot of tots. My first was like that but eventually started nursery and adapted to a more normal sleep pattern.
(He's now 31 and can sleep for England, with or without alchohol! ;D ;D)

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 19:15   #8

she doesn't sleep during the day and never has done since she was born...........its just that she wont stay in her cot......and has come out of her bedroom as early as 5.30-6.00 am,i am scared that maybe one day she will fall down the stairs(yes i know about stair gates).i also have a 3 year old in the same room in a normal single bed and she doesn't get up until she is woken up.........lol.
i am pulling my hair out thinking what to do for the best(whats left of it....lol).

Old 14-10-2003, 19:39   #9

I think it's about time she went into a bed Jason, its proberbly the fun of climbing out that does it! Espec if big sis is in a bed, but set the ground rules that there's no getting out till your up. but make sure there's toys in the room that she can play with instead. We used to keep a box of books/toys that don't make noise by the bed for that reason.
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 19:59   #10

The bedroom is full of toys,if she was in a bed at this stage in her development i think she would be up every 5 mins like i used to do when i was a kid........(and my dad caught me every single time).
I'll consider it anyway!
cheers for your feedback

jason

Old 15-10-2003, 15:23   #11

has your daughter got a favourite toy? my daughter used to get up regulary during the night until she started to sleep with her favourite doll. i dont hear a peep from her now until the morning
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 16:34   #12
God Member

Tell her that if she does'nt beheave herself, you'll take all her toys away from her...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 17:53   #13

she's not really into toys.........prefers to play with my mobile phone or computer.
oh sod it i'll get a lock for the door!
bye

Old 15-10-2003, 19:40   #14

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1066025454;start=0#11 date=10/15/03 at 17:34:11]Tell her that if she does'nt beheave herself, you'll take all her toys away from her...[/quote]

BEWARE Jason if you take her toys away she may end up servierly disturbed like teabag! 8) [smiley=flamethrower.gif]  ;D

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 19:53   #15

oh god i dont want that to happen ....but she is a bit mad.............has she been talking to you tealeaf? [smiley=help.gif]

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..