Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 18:06   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Please Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I see yer drowning in it.
stop it off will ya
Old 07-09-2012, 18:08   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I'm feeling brave today
As opposed to the times when you're occasionally, vile about those no longer alive to defend themselves, offensive, bitchy, and homophobic?

Replacing the more usual, thought provoking, considered, well researched, or even humerous posts.

You really do need to invest in a new kettle, and a pot scrubber.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 18:11   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by less View Post

nice long speech but is there any need for it?

"unfortunately there are also new members that demand we change"

did i miss something..who is demanding this change?

"strange as it may seem, i love everyone of you, and couldn't live without you."

Sounds like a line from some hippy love song...creep!..
:d
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 18:23   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I see you're drinking at the Well of Loneliness.
Is that your attempt at being nasty?

Must try harder.

Not everyone here is as intelligent as you.

As you are fond of reminding anyone who'll listen.

Never minimise your audience, by showing off.

Something to say, or a mouthdul of bile?

There's only one sensible thing to do.

Spit it out...you silly little goose.

P.S. If you're sticking around here long-term, referencing avatars is never wise, if they're oft changed. It makes your posts look more unhinged than ever, to any future viewer.

Old 07-09-2012, 18:46   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Although your woeful attemp at nastiness must be applauded, for at least being more accurate them some guff.

I am happy being the lone wolf.

I've always had the self-assurance that meant I never needed to find comfort with a little pack of fellow runts, defending themselves en masse.

Yes, a pint of dry sherry at the Well Inn suits me fine.

Besides, the karaoke at The Old Clique Inn gets on my tits something rotten.

Old 07-09-2012, 18:49   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
More poetic than nasty.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 18:53   #22
Senior Member+

I agree with a lot less has said here. But the whole point I was making before is you cannot be hard on newbies. Forums don't work that way. RULES are the only thing that should be hard on newbies BUT more important long term members should set the example.
Old 07-09-2012, 18:53   #23
God Member

The responses so far clearly show who is the nastiest- the one who can't even be civil when discussing 'nastiness'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 19:03   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Is that your attempt at being nasty? a mouthdul of bile?

P.S. If you're sticking around here long-term, referencing avatars is never wise, if they're oft changed. It makes your posts look more unhinged than ever, to any future viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Although your woeful attemp at nastiness must be applauded, for at least being more accurate them some guff.
No Garinda, I don't do nastiness, or bile or venom. Nastiness is in the eye of the beholder.

You know of course to what I am referring, and others if they wish may look it up, or find it hilarious without knowing what I really mean, as some have done. I was merely congratulating you on a more tasteful avatar than usual, and yes I know it will be gone soon enough, but then so will this thread if it continues like others have done recently.

Last edited by susie123; 07-09-2012 at 19:05.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 19:06   #25
Senior Member+

I look at it this way if your willing to state your opinion on here you have to be willing to take the flack / nastiness that may come back. Its only words, having said that i do have skin like a rhino.Life is to short to worry about a few words typed by someone with a different view to yours even if you may think its nasty, as my rugby coach used to say "get a grip mary anne".
Old 07-09-2012, 19:14   #26

I must say that when I first joined Accyweb about twelve months ago I had a lot of nasty comments about what I had to say, and got quite upset about it. It was the first time I had ever posted anything anywhere and wasn't really sure what to do, and didn't expect the response I got. But after that I must say everyone has been fine and I really enjoy seeing what everyone has to say and responding if I have something to say. (I remember my tutor at uni telling me I was a bigot and I've tried to mend my ways over the last couple of decades!) Perhaps it's worth remembering that new members aren't always experienced in the etiquette of internet posting and grant them a bit of slack when they start posting, unless they're completely offensive?
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 19:27   #27
Senior Member+

A very good point. I applaud and Green Coloured K will follow(prob in 24 hours time)

But more so for long term members to school them in the rules rather than ridicule them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I Perhaps it's worth remembering that new members aren't always experienced in the etiquette of internet posting and grant them a bit of slack when they start posting, unless they're completely offensive?
Old 07-09-2012, 19:31   #28
God Member

I always think of a forum like this as going to the pub. Would you walk up to a group of strangers and start rambling or would you get to know who's who first ?
Old 07-09-2012, 19:36   #29
Give, give, give member

I post this, knowing some may disagree with me, but I think it needs saying, so I will.

No one, as far as I know, is forced to either read, nor publish anything on the worldwide web.

People are free to have whatever thoughts and beliefs they wish.

However, and this is where a few struggle, if someone feels a need to share their thoughts publicly with others, they should be prepared for the fact that others may offer counterviews to their own.

Once the few realise this, there'll be no more teary tantrums, or need for collective wound licking.

Being an optimist, and a bit of a softy, I hope the day comes when this realisation takes place, and the miserable few find some sort of peace in their lives.

Old 07-09-2012, 19:45   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I always think of a forum like this as going to the pub. Would you walk up to a group of strangers and start rambling or would you get to know who's who first ?
Maybe a good scenario..but at the same time would you expect one of the regulars to start slagging you off and make unfounded accusations about you or your family?.. how would you respond to that person in the pub?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..