Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 09:11   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Please Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Nah it usually goes something like this...

newbie.. i've seen a blue tit in the woods

less....was it cold? I've seen a few cold ones

wynonie ...why are you watching blue you should be watching red?

margaretr.... blue tits are on the shield of the knights templar

cashy... yeh n saw one misel

mancie.....was it called Cameron?

cmon....<link>

jaysay.....well tist do levi in teh wodos, but its labours fault
Nice one Guinness
Old 08-09-2012, 09:39   #62
Resting In Peace

Well judging by your exchange with Margaret above, you're not taking your own advice about red karma very seriously, are you?

Originally Posted by garinda

Just ignore it, is the best way.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:54   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
One post, or a million and one posts, that's the thing about Accy Web, it doesn't really matter about stuff like spelling or grammar on here, everyone's voice has an equal validity on this forum

Only the odd newbie, or the delusional/paranoid, ever think otherwise.

Why 200 posts, has that some special significance?

Is that your own average post count per decade?

Does that really matter?

I probably knocked out that many posts, within the first twenty four hours of joining.

That really doesn't add anymore weight to what I say, in reality, than a person making their very first post here.

your first point is debatable, i have seen many a post from regulars, who dont address someones post, but will respond correcting, spelling grammar

and reading anything subjectively is obviously a skill that you are found wanting, a lot of peoples opinions are ridiculed, the evidence is in front of your eyes but you wont see it, because its "justified vitriol" in your mind

special significance of the number, its a fact thats all, cold hard fact, not an opinion, FACT, i merely questioned does anyone else find it strange? but i fall into the delusional/paranoid bracket i fear.

1 post or millions but then make a referance to my post count, sort of a contradiction there, but what do i know?

that many posts in 24 hours, doesnt surprise me, wether you actually "said anything" in that 24hours, or just typed unrelated nonsense as you are prone to do.

i for one, had only recently started regular postings, usually regarding a couple of my hobbies, in the hope of finding like minded people, i like to think i did

i was encouraged by other members, to post elsewhere on the site, so i did

on my first post out of my "comfort zone" and the very first response i got was name calling, that was then "jumped on" by another regular.
the point i raised was not addressed once, but many joined in with the ridicule of "the junior member",

some of the name calling is still there for all to see, although i have pm'd mods,more than once, as requested, but as of yet have not received a reply.

i know some of you are aware of this, some aren't, may i suggest those who are "sick", of "the usual suspects", not do as regulary requested, and" find another forum", but post,post,post

and maybe, just maybe, we can learn to ignore "the insignificant others", and not feed their troll inside

father ted style
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:30   #64
Resting in Peace

I like to think that the mods we have on here do a great unpaid job and in all the time on here I've found that if things get out of had they do something about it, I've had my fair share of warnings and have had posts deleted because they overstepped the mark, I've even got a few people on my ignore list because I know that keep on a dialog with them would end up in me and probably them getting a ban, but the thing is if people want a website where everything is nicely nicely and the site changes every time a new member thinks something isn't to their liking then accyweb ain't for you, I think that's why its still one of the best sites of its type in the country and as I've said before has over 150 members a day visiting everyday bar none, people come people go some stick around some don't but the site goes on mainly because the way it is and how its run
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That must be wrong cos he knows it all.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That must be wrong cos he knows it all.
you seem to have an obsession with "he knows it all"

it an opinion, what dont you understand, you have your opinion, i have mine

there are only people like you who cant see past that, and obviously believe your opinions are "right", how can an opinion be wrong, its what makes us different

i have never once suggested the site should change, i have however pleaded for members to be a little more tolerant, and be subjective, thats a personal plea, not a criticism of accyweb and its format, but of some of its members.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nah i have n obsession with prats that constantly bitch about the mods.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:58   #68
God Member

Can someone please explain what exactly is the point of this meaningless thread?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Can someone please explain what exactly is the point of this meaningless thread?
Its to explain why people like you should stop attacking Ossy
Old 08-09-2012, 14:20   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well judging by your exchange with Margaret above, you're not taking your own advice about red karma very seriously, are you?

Originally Posted by garinda

Just ignore it, is the best way.
As I posted last week, quite honestly I laughed out loud.

Thinking that desperation sadly forces some to scrape right to the bottom of that barrel of vileness, when they try to besmirch the reputation of someone, although not perfect, as none of us are, was a good man, and is no longer alive to defend himself.

Unlike me, know she knows what a certain person has stooped to, my mother's certainly not laughing.

No secrets in our family, and cut one, we all bleed. It's what tends to happen around here in families, and communities.

As for karma, as I said to you when you were a newbie, and indulging in a bit of nasty name calling with MargaretR, it is best to ignore it.

Or as I did, just laugh.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 14:26   #71
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Certainly, I will explain, I started it so that those unhappy with the site and it's members would make pratts of themselves, it's working so far, though a few haven't yet bit, I suspect they are the ones that steal time from their employers during the week, anything rather than actually do some real work.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 14:33   #72
Senior Member+

interesting description, here is a snippit of this wikipedia entry Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
Old 08-09-2012, 14:43   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
your first point is debatable, i have seen many a post from regulars, who dont address someones post, but will respond correcting, spelling grammar

and reading anything subjectively is obviously a skill that you are found wanting, a lot of peoples opinions are ridiculed, the evidence is in front of your eyes but you wont see it, because its "justified vitriol" in your mind

special significance of the number, its a fact thats all, cold hard fact, not an opinion, FACT, i merely questioned does anyone else find it strange? but i fall into the delusional/paranoid bracket i fear.

1 post or millions but then make a referance to my post count, sort of a contradiction there, but what do i know?

that many posts in 24 hours, doesnt surprise me, wether you actually "said anything" in that 24hours, or just typed unrelated nonsense as you are prone to do.

i for one, had only recently started regular postings, usually regarding a couple of my hobbies, in the hope of finding like minded people, i like to think i did

i was encouraged by other members, to post elsewhere on the site, so i did

on my first post out of my "comfort zone" and the very first response i got was name calling, that was then "jumped on" by another regular.
the point i raised was not addressed once, but many joined in with the ridicule of "the junior member",

some of the name calling is still there for all to see, although i have pm'd mods,more than once, as requested, but as of yet have not received a reply.

i know some of you are aware of this, some aren't, may i suggest those who are "sick", of "the usual suspects", not do as regulary requested, and" find another forum", but post,post,post

and maybe, just maybe, we can learn to ignore "the insignificant others", and not feed their troll inside

father ted style
As Less said, as a local forum this is a success, so probably won't be changing anytime soon..

So the best thing to do, is just accept Accy Web as it is, and as it's always been, warts and all.

You'll feel so much happier when you've stopped having a little moan, and just accept the reality of life on this forum.

Old 08-09-2012, 14:47   #74
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
interesting description, here is a snippit of this wikipedia entry Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
Because you can google and post links this makes you superior in what way?

You argue because you're hurt, you're hurt because you are bitter, you're bitter because you did something wrong and were punished, You come on site to blame someone, anyone, I do better at this than the lottery, you chose me, well I don't care/mind or feel terribly bothered while you're answering me your not bothering anybody else and I already know I'm a fool, so no harm done to me, but you obviously don't know that you are also a fool, but are you really a better fool than me?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 14:50   #75
Give, give, give member

Quote:

We know all about those.

Accy Web's dealt with more than their fair share of them, over the years.

As stubborn as moles, digging up a prize lawn sometimes, but with the right treatment, they can be successfully eradicated.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..